Page 243 of 412 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 243

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    'Yucky' is definitely a word, I've eaten many a thing in my life that's made me feel 'yucky'

edit: Wow, I just checked dictionary.com and it really is a word! I was just being nice! "repugnant, distasteful, disagreeable or unpleasant"

Who knew!
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 01-28-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Research results.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    yup, I felt yucky...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    yup, I felt yucky...
    Better today, I hope. I've had that experience a few times. Some sort of obligatory party/celebration/work thing/whatnot where a meal is involved. Go in with the intent of eating the best you can with what is offered, do just that, and end up feeling like crap for a day or two. Ah well.

I from your previously mentioned list of teas that you have WAY more selection than me. You should have no problem finding a good evening flavor that doesn't have the caffeine <which of course, becomes fuel for the dragon>

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Better today, I hope. I've had that experience a few times. Some sort of obligatory party/celebration/work thing/whatnot where a meal is involved. Go in with the intent of eating the best you can with what is offered, do just that, and end up feeling like crap for a day or two. Ah well.
    Yup. I feel better today. "You do the best you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I from your previously mentioned list of teas that you have WAY more selection than me. You should have no problem finding a good evening flavor that doesn't have the caffeine <which of course, becomes fuel for the dragon>
    I'll start experimenting. Of course, the containers don't SAY if there is caffeine in it or not...

I need a sign in my kitchen:

"Don't feed the Dragon!"

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I need a sign in my kitchen:

"Don't feed the Dragon!"
    Perfect! I can see it now, purple dragon and all! I want one, too!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Hahahaha!!!

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

That's perfect!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Sunday
    Food

Homemade Tomato soup
    Chai with whipping cream
    Red wine
    Roasted chicken leg, 2 brussel sprouts, corn, sweet potatoes & white potatoes mashed together, a piece of blueberry cheesecake
    Alpine Punch Tea

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
    2am (I stayed up and finished reading the ebook) – 10 am
    no sun, a little play – does drawing on my mac count as play?

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    It was snowing and blowing out today, a good day to veg on the couch. The sweet potatoes were cooked with the white potatoes. I was going to separate them, but University Son mashed them together when I wasn't paying attention My Daughter brought the cheesecake home from the wedding, it was homemade. After supper, my Farmer drove University Son to the train station. I met him at the mechanic’s with my Beetle on his way home. I’m getting my oil changed tomorrow morning. This evening I played with Bamboo and Photoshop.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I read this on Patrick's journal and I REALLY liked it, so I'm copying it here (so I won't lose it):

"You can tell your daughter she’s smart, funny, capable, caring, and beautiful, while still ensuring that she learns the importance of eating well, exercising regularly, maintaining a healthy weight, AND how awesome a slice of cheesecake is now and then."
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Oh, that is really worth keeping! Thanks for sharing it.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122