Page 242 of 415 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 242

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Guess what I just realized???

I have not had chocolate since...(winencandy checks back through her journal)...Friday night (Jan 20)!!!!

I KNOW!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Another realization:

I've been drinking Chai in the evenings...maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with my trouble falling asleep?????????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thursday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    Leftover hamburger stir fry, avocado and red pepper, 2 spoonfuls of creamed coconut
    Crockpot pulled pork, cauliflower, and banana, frozen raspberries with whipping cream.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
    I climbed into bed at 11:20, I saw 1:10…the alarm went off at 7, my Daughter woke me at 7:30 to French braid her hair (she’d asked me last night) I THOUGHT about staying up, but the Dragon whispered “But you didn’t fall asleep until after 1! You NEED your rest!!!” I listened and went back to bed. The alarm went off at 8:51, I hit snooze (twice) and then my phone rang. A school asking if I could come in for 2nd period. (That gave me 1 hour to get up, get ready, pack a lunch, put the pork in the crockpot, find my socks, make a Chai, clean the snow off the car and make a half hour drive before class started!) I made it with time to spare!

No Sun, No Play

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I did not like my morning goal…so I have changed it (See post # 2492)

I taught today. I didn’t think I would have a job today. Exams start tomorrow. It was a good, easy, fun, relaxed day. I was supposed to go to my Home Instruction Student’s tonight, but the student cancelled. I’m going tomorrow morning.

Tonight I’ve hooked up the Bamboo to my Mac and I’m experimenting to see which drawing program I like better. So far Photoshop beats Pencil and Corel Paint (probably because I’m more familiar with Photoshop). I may download something else. I think I may even mark some of my Home Instruction Student’s work. Or maybe not. Grey’s Anatomy is coming on in 15 min…

Baby Steps
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-27-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: wrong day
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'd day the chai likely did affect your getting to sleep, especially since I don't think you typically have caffeine in the evenings.

I hear you about living with a "morning person". Hubby mostly is. I am not. Though he often likes a bit of sleep in on the weekends, since he also doesn't get enough during the week, it is rare for me to be up before him unless I have an early shift and he does not. If I sleep till 10 or later on the weekend, he loves to tell me about all the things he's done since HE got up. I don't care. Much. For me, I'm just focusing on trying to get adequate amounts, rather than what hours that covers.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Tea in the evenings would definitely effect my sleep, I think you may have found the answer.

I'm a morning person too I'm afraid to say, Pete isn't, but then he's not an evening person either - He's just a lazy person. Seriously, that man needs a LOT of sleep! It can be a little frustrating and I find myself wanting to kick him sometimes.... 'you're lying down again!!'

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'd day the chai likely did affect your getting to sleep, especially since I don't think you typically have caffeine in the evenings.
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Tea in the evenings would definitely effect my sleep, I think you may have found the answer.
    No tea last night, and although it took about an hour to fall asleep, my mind was NOT racing.
    So, NO MORE tea in the evenings!

I hear you about living with a "morning person". Hubby mostly is. I am not. Though he often likes a bit of sleep in on the weekends, since he also doesn't get enough during the week, it is rare for me to be up before him unless I have an early shift and he does not. If I sleep till 10 or later on the weekend, he loves to tell me about all the things he's done since HE got up. I don't care. Much. For me, I'm just focusing on trying to get adequate amounts, rather than what hours that covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm a morning person too I'm afraid to say, Pete isn't, but then he's not an evening person either - He's just a lazy person. Seriously, that man needs a LOT of sleep! It can be a little frustrating and I find myself wanting to kick him sometimes.... 'you're lying down again!!'
    See Greensprout, morning people just don't "get it"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    So, NO MORE tea in the evenings!
    Well, you can have tea in the evening, just not chai. Find an herbal or rooibos that you like. Some of the bulk places are great for picking up small amounts for a try. Or if there's a Teaopia or David's Tea in London, or some other private coffee/tea shop, they have tons of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    See Greensprout, morning people just don't "get it"
    Yup

Well, you can have tea in the evening, just not chai. Find an herbal or rooibos that you like. Some of the bulk places are great for picking up small amounts for a try. Or if there's a Teaopia or David's Tea in London, or some other private coffee/tea shop, they have tons of stuff.
    London has both David's Tea and Teaopia

Right now I have:
    Loose
    Vanilla Rooibos
    Mint Green
    Spearmint
    Simple Pleasure
    Pomegranate Lavender
    Alpine Punch
    Darjeeling Green

Bags
    Pure Peppermint
    Mojito
    Peach Black
    Vanilla Nut Creme
    Organic Chai (2 kinds)
    Chocolatey Chai
    Honey & Ginger Green
    Berryblossom White

and of course my Farmer's Red Rose
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Friday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    Leftover roast beef, olives, dill pickle
    A Chai that I had two sips of before I spilt it in my Farmer’s truck
    2 pepperonis
    red wine
    Leftover pulled pork, carrots, frozen raspberries, banana, whipping cream
    More red wine, 85% Lindt

4 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 20, awake till 12 something. But my mind wasn’t racing. Alarm at 7, 7:30, up at 8
    no, no

Oh, I had a Natural Calm around 10 pm last night.

The no tea at night goal works better than the up by 9 goal. And look! I was up before 9…of course, I had something I had to do.

I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place at 9:30. After an hour my student was “done” so we quit. I stopped at the High School and got some more math work for my student.

After lunch I went for a drive to Chatham with my Farmer to pick up a pump he had fixed for his tractor. It cost $1000 to fix a pump!! We stopped at the LCBO and I bought a couple bottles of wine and he bought some Brugal Rum. We took the long way home, driving down small back roads. We stopped at a butcher’s shop and got some sausage, chicken, “free run” eggs (I know) and pepperoni sticks – for the ride. We stopped at our friends for a short visit and then came home for supper.

I skyped with College Son and asked him what he was doing this weekend. Two of his friends were driving up to spend the weekend with him They left at 6pm tonight (for an 8 hour drive!) Crazy boys

University Son is coming home for the weekend. On the train. He debated train vs driving and decided on the train in case the weather turns bad. He's not the world's most experienced driver. The Farmer has to pick him up at 10 tonight.

I bought chocolate today. Lindt 85%.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Saturday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    Leftover pulled pork
    Red Wine, the rest of the Lindt 85%, creamed coconut
    Restaurant food: sad, small salad, perch, a few fries, carrots, orange jello
    Raspberries and whipped cream
    Leftover pulled pork

sad attempt at PBF: about 10 squats and 5 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 30 – 10:00, no, no

Um, surfed the net, figured out how to download an ebook form the library, drank wine, ate chocolate and read the ebook. Then I got ready and went out for supper with In-Laws (Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Niece) University Son and my Farmer. (My Daughter had to serve for a wedding at a local club so she didn't come with us) It was my MIL’s 84th birthday. The meal was…ok…small town so-so restaurant.

When we came home I sat on the couch, read the ebook and listened to my stomach rumble. Both my Farmer and I ate again. Our supper just wasn’t “enough”. I ate something that doesn't agree with me. My stomach is bloated, my rings are tight and I feel yucky...is yucky a word?

It’s 12:02, I should go to bed.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy