Page 241 of 415 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 241

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I’m going to get my Wacom tablet out tomorrow and test out a few programs to see which one I like the best…Photoshop, Corel Draw, Flash…anyone have program suggestions??
    Illustrator for vector graphics, Flash is more of a multimedia engine. I use photoshop, but that's just what I'm used to.

The Dragon partied with ottercat and then came back to sleep with me…
    Yep, she was back at your house last night. I slept through most of the night until the cats started jumping on me. Maybe they're in cahoots.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Illustrator for vector graphics, Flash is more of a multimedia engine. I use photoshop, but that's just what I'm used to.
    I "know" Photoshop the best. When I was teaching full time that is what I taught: Photoshop, Flash, Photography, Video, Audio, etc...
    I discovered I have Corel Painter - not Draw - on my Mac. I also have a "free" program called Pencil. I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I was sketching things out the old fashioned way today - pencil & paper

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Yep, she was back at your house last night. I slept through most of the night until the cats started jumping on me. Maybe they're in cahoots.
    Well, she was most definitely here last night
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Tuesday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    Protein Shake
    Virgin NorCal
    Pork chop, French cut green beans.
    Melted Brie with corn chips (I couldn’t find the rice crackers)

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    7 reverse chin-ups
    ZUMBA!

Sleep, Sun & Play

Not very good
    I laid down at 12:05, but my mind was so full of the images I want to draw that I couldn’t shut it off. The last time I saw the clock was 2:40. My Farmer woke up at 7. I was awake then, I should have gotten up, but the Dragon whispered, “No. Stay. We NEED the extra sleep today, you didn’t fall asleep until nearly 3!!!” I listened and went back to sleep. The alarm went off at 8:51. I snoozed it a few times and then shut it off. I woke up at 10:40.

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I do not like my morning goal…
    Since I decided to do this goal, I’ve had problems falling asleep and I’ve ONLY made it twice (and Sunday shouldn’t count!!) I don’t like giving up goals, but it’s NOT working for me…I’m not sure what to do. I REALLY NEED to wake up sooner than 10 am! But my “goal” is backfiring.

I found a copy of the book I need for my on-line course and I asked a friend that was close to the bookstore to pick it up for me today. I got called into work for the afternoon at the local school and after school I went to my Home Instruction Student’s house.

Supper was early, followed by ZUMBA! I think I was a tiny bit better at it this time At least I knew a couple more steps! ZUMBA! Was followed by an Epsom Salts bath and then melted Brie.

My Daughter just finished with my Mac (Exams start on Friday, so she’s been finishing up school projects)

I’m to meet my Home Instruction student tomorrow at 9:30 – so I guess I’d better get to bed so I’ll be able to meet my goal tomorrow!

I’ll have to get caught up on everyone's journals tomorrow afternoon.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    2 slices of Sasauge, ham, pineapple pizza
    Protein shake
    Virgin NorCal
    Stir Fry: ground beef, onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, mushroom, cabbage, cauliflower, pineapple with zucchini “noodles” frozen raspberries with whipping cream, Chai with whipping cream

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:05 – 7:45, UP at 7:55!!!!!!!!, Vit D drops, no
    It didn't take very long to fall asleep.

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I still do not like my morning goal…although this morning, when I HAD to be up, it was fairly easy to do. At 7:45 the phone rang – a teaching job at the local school, starting at 10. I had to text my Home Instruction Student and cancel our time.

The teacher I was supplying for had arranged for a pizza lunch for his grade 11/12 class. I “supervised” it. Guess who had two slices of pizza??? But I didn’t eat the thick “end” crusts. It’s funny, the other night my Farmer was making a frozen pizza and asked if I wanted any, I said, “No, I’ll save the bloaty feeling for real, pizzeria pizza, not a frozen cardboard crust.” Well, it was "real" pizza and I’m feeling bloated…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I kind of get that it would be hard to get out of bed if you really don't need to - especially at this time of the year. So long as you can mange it easily when you 'have' to, surely that's ok? Not that I'm trying to derail your efforts or support your Dragon.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    thanks

maybe the year of the dragon, will be my year...(i am a dragon)

i wonder if that line will become the new "favorite" spam quote on my journal...
    year twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I kind of get that it would be hard to get out of bed if you really don't need to - especially at this time of the year. So long as you can mange it easily when you 'have' to, surely that's ok? Not that I'm trying to derail your efforts or support your Dragon.
    Thanks Yeah, it's the "don't need to" that I struggle with. I managed to get up for work again today. I'm not sure why I decided on that goal...I think I felt I was wasting too much of my day. That I "Should" get up earlier. I was feeling "guilty". well, it backfired and now I'm having a hard time falling asleep - which makes it even harder to wake up at a "decent" time...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    year twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thanks Yeah, it's the "don't need to" that I struggle with. I managed to get up for work again today. I'm not sure why I decided on that goal...I think I felt I was wasting too much of my day. That I "Should" get up earlier. I was feeling "guilty". well, it backfired and now I'm having a hard time falling asleep - which makes it even harder to wake up at a "decent" time...
    I suppose the question is are you getting as much done in a day between 11am and midnight as if it was between 8 am and 9pm? If so, and you feel better with later as your productive and functional part of the day, does it really matter?? I guess you'll have to figure that part out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I suppose the question is are you getting as much done in a day between 11am and midnight as if it was between 8 am and 9pm? If so, and you feel better with later as your productive and functional part of the day, does it really matter?? I guess you'll have to figure that part out for yourself.
    Good question. Thank you Greensprout. You have given me something to think about.

Normally, (historically) I AM more productive later in the day. I USED TO get a lot of stuff done in the afternoon and evening. Lately, I've been parking my wicked wicked bumper on the couch...so, right now I'd have to answer your question with a "no"

I guess it doesn't really matter, does it, WHEN I do things, as long as I get everything done that I want to...hmmm

My Farmer is a "morning person". I think that's where the "guilt" is coming from. He says "I get more done in the morning than you accomplish all day". Living with a morning person isn't easy. They don't understand "night people", but we have to understand them and live in their "world".

~~~~~

OK, the "Up by 9" goal is GONE! I will try a new "Goal". For a week. I will "do something after supper", instead of just watching TV and I will see how that works. (I need a shorter name for my goal)

winencandy's "functional" hours?? Na

"Get r Done - before bed" ? Nope - to red neck

"11-12" ? Na

Operation Night Owl" ?

"Beat the Dragon" (at her own game) ?

"Winencandy's 12" ? (hours)

Whatever I call it the Dragon should like this goal better
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy