Page 239 of 415 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 239

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had some melted Brie with rice crackers while watching TV with my Daughter.
    And some dried apricots.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I had some rice crackers
    EW. ew.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

I'm still experimenting.
    You can use unflavoured gelatin (Knox packages or from the bulk food store)
    You sprinkle the gelatin on about a 1/4 cup of liquid and let it dissolve. Meanwhile, make some HOT tea (your favourite kind - I'm going to try a peach next time) and then pour the tea on the gelatin. Mix & let set.

My 1st batch was good, but it wasn't tea. I used peach juice concentrate and they were like jello squares.
    The 2nd batch, with tea, wasn't thick enough, it was just like regular jello - but too weak.
    I think for the next batch I'll make the tea stronger.
    But it WAS fun to eat jello again
    So jello is primal? What;s in jello anyway?
    They have those milky jellos are those primal!? *hopes*

Okay... I really mean the custard and the creme brulee... you don't have to answer............ ;'<

Meaty, the rice crackers are used to scoop as much of the melted Brie goodness into my mouth as possible. It's more "socially acceptable than using a spoon

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post

Okay... I really mean the custard and the creme brulee... you don't have to answer............ ;'<
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I got UP at 8:53!

Where was my Dragon this morning???

I mean, we agreed last night that Sunday was a day to sleep in and that Monday we would do the "up by 9" goal...

Never trust a Dragon
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

ottercat is offline Senior Member

Egg custards are primal! It's just the sugar that's a problem, otherwise they're basically egg yolks and cream cooked gently (or baked in a bain marie). You could probably make a dark chocolate version and not add any more sugar than what's in the choc................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    OMG... dark chocolate silky custards = heaven!
    I drink too much wine too, winencandy.
    And I will use a rice cracker to dip cheese. I keep those little ones that are half rice flour and half nut (pecan or almond) flour expressly for this purpose. And I pack a small baggie for parties at the homes of other people. I am that weird lady rummaging in her bag for crackers. (yeah... her...hahaha!)

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Egg custards are primal! It's just the sugar that's a problem, otherwise they're basically egg yolks and cream cooked gently (or baked in a bain marie). You could probably make a dark chocolate version and not add any more sugar than what's in the choc................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hmm, I have never made this. Recipe please!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by primal4fifty View Post
    OMG... dark chocolate silky custards = heaven!
    I drink too much wine too, winencandy.
    And I will use a rice cracker to dip cheese. I keep those little ones that are half rice flour and half nut (pecan or almond) flour expressly for this purpose. And I pack a small baggie for parties at the homes of other people. I am that weird lady rummaging in her bag for crackers. (yeah... her...hahaha!)
    I've been known to do that too
    On New Years Eve, I forgot, so I scooped some melted Brie on a cracker, walked into the kitchen, ate the Brie and tossed the cracker in the trash
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    egg custards are primal! It's just the sugar that's a problem, otherwise they're basically egg yolks and cream cooked gently (or baked in a bain marie). You could probably make a dark chocolate version and not add any more sugar than what's in the choc................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    yummmm!!!!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal