Page 237 of 415 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 237

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had another of my Farmer's milk chocolate Toberone triangles.
    I thought it would help my neck feel better

I'm finishing off a cup of Natural Calm and then I'm going to bed.
    Early.
    By 11.
    Really.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

How did I miss this line??

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    It just would bother me if ANYONE that is related to me does anything sexual in MY house.
    NOT ALLOWED.
    Eeeewwwww, NO, that's NOT what I meant by "working"!
    They were well supervised.
    I meant goofing off, hanging out, watching tv instead of doing school work.
    Eeewwwwwww!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Morning Thoughts
    I think. No. I know that I'm "failing" my new morning goal...

Awake at 5:30 to let a dog out.
    Phone call at 7 for a supply job. I turned it down, not enough time to get ready and drive there in time to start.
    Alarm went off at 8:51. I thought I hit snooze, but I turned it off.
    Awake (and up) at 9:55.

And I went to bed last night at 11:05!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up about it. Your body is trying to catch up on its huge sleep deficit!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Baby steps may be needed here.

On the other hand, it's been a while since you HAD to be up early every weekday all the time to get to work. You got used to not having to do that, so it's harder to get the motivation to consistently be up early if you're not required somewhere. And the sleep deficit thing, as Cave Woman pointed out. Then again, who the heck am I to offer advice about proper sleep habits?? You've read plenty about mine, heheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Don't beat yourself up about it. Your body is trying to catch up on its huge sleep deficit!
    I wonder how long it will take me??? I've been "semi-employed" for 1 1/2 years now...of course, I haven't exactly been following "good" sleep habits, now have I?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Baby steps may be needed here.

On the other hand, it's been a while since you HAD to be up early every weekday all the time to get to work. You got used to not having to do that, so it's harder to get the motivation to consistently be up early if you're not required somewhere. And the sleep deficit thing, as Cave Woman pointed out. Then again, who the heck am I to offer advice about proper sleep habits?? You've read plenty about mine, heheheh.

Yes, the motivation is not there. You are right, I don't HAVE to get up, so why bother when the bed is so much nicer
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Food

Chai
    Black Peach Tea
    Protein Shake
    Jello Tea, Virgin NorCal
    Stirfry: chicken, carrot, celery, onion, leek, red pepper, mushroom, peapods, water chestnut, rapini, garlic, ginger (I think that’s everything)
    A triangle from my Farmer’s Milk Chocolate Toberone
    Chai with whipping cream

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope, but my neck is feeling better

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 05 – 9:55, Vit D drops, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I do not like my morning goal…
    I think I’ve said this already
    That probably means I need to keep at it…(big sigh)

I received the acceptance for my on-line AQ course, so I sent them my money. The course starts on the 30th (I think). I gave Josie a bath this morning, to see if she had any fleas. Both girls are scratching. No fleas. I think her skin is too dry. I’ve added fish body oil to their meat.

At one I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place. Act III of The Tempest.
    I surfed the net before supper.
    I finished reading Confessions of a Shopaholic (finally – it’s overdue at the library) It was funny, it made me laugh

It’s 10:45, I just got on my Mac, my Daughter had a school project to do.
    I’ll post this and then go to bed. I’ll have to read everyone’s journals in the morning.
    G'nite
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-22-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: it was wednesday NOT tuesday
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Morning Thoughts
    I think I have a Sleep Fairy or a Sleep In Fairy?? (I read too much Gay Panda)

Either way, she's a night owl. Well, she's a night Dragon. A little winged purple dragon that curls up beside my head when she finally decides to come to bed. She loves to stay up late and sleep in late. Her "natural" awake hours are from 10 am till 1am. In the morning she's very good at convincing me to stay asleep. She doesn't like to be left alone.

Sigh...

I laid my head down at 11:11! Excellent, Right?
    My Farmer started snoring.
    I proceeded to thump him for about 20 minutes. He woke up and said "What?" and went back to sleep.
    I saw 12:07 on the clock, and must have fallen asleep shortly after. (When my sleepy little Dragon finally decided to join me)
    My alarm went off at 6:20. I could barely function enough to text my Daughter "Band" (My iPhone is her back-up alarm, because her Blackberry is unreliable as an alarm - it randomly will go off 15-20 minutes late. Weird eh??) and I crashed back into the blackness.
    Alarm again at 7:15 - for my Farmer. I shut it off and fell right back asleep. 'Cause I don't NEED to get up that early.
    At 7:50, I woke up for a few minutes and thought "I'm kinda awake, I should get up now" but then my sleepy little Dragon said "But then we'll LOSE an hour's sleep! We agreed on 9:00!" So I closed my eyes again.
    8:51 alarm, I hit the snooze - this is supposed to give me enough "time" to fully awake by 9. Ha!
    At 9, I thought "OK, let's get up. Right now. Right this minute" but my sleepy little Dragon whispered "Yup, we will, just close your eyes for a minute..."
    (Never trust a dragon)

And I woke up at 9:46, and my lower back is stiff...

My back is part of the reason I thought I'd set a "wake-up" time. If I stay in bed too long, my back is stiff when I finally get up...also, I'd thought about all the things I could be accomplishing in my house if I got up earlier. Maybe I'd even re-capture my energy. Where has my energy gone?

Instead, I've summoned the Dragon

It seems to me that sometime last year I tried to "fix" my sleeping by going to bed early, and it didn't work. Instead of climbing into bed and falling right asleep, I'd lie awake for an hour or so. I believe I decided that I don't like being "told" when I have to go to bed. (or my little Dragon doesn't like it)

The year of the Dragon is about to start...this can't be good...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    <cue Dragonslayer to swiftly descend and render aid to winencandy>

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    <cue Dragonslayer to swiftly descend and render aid to winencandy>

thanks!

My Daughter is using my mac again tonight. I'm on the Galaxy Tab, so no detailed "report" tonight. Short story: I taught this afternoon. Leftover ham for supper. Surfed the net on the Tab.

Off to bed. I'll see if I can convince the Dragon to come to bed now too.

(stupid Tab won't let me use colours )
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy