Page 236 of 415 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 236

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Yeaaah......... Mine too... I have a very selective interpretation of that... Suffer 5 days a week, eat your entire family's weight in food smothered in chocolate syrup on the weekend.
    Nice work if you can get it!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

winencandy is offline Senior Member

Monday
    Food

10:00 - Pomegranate and Lavender tea
    2:30 - Protein shake, 1 square of Lindt 90%
    5:00 – white wine (left over from the weekend)
    6:00 - ham, yellow bean, scalloped potato “casserole” with snow peas and rapini. Banana with whipping cream and cocoa sprinkled on top. Homemade Chai with whipping cream
    10:00 – Jello Tea, another square of Lindt 90%
    10:30 - Natural Calm

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Sprint x 4
    7 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:45 – 9:09, UP at 9:18, Vit D drops, no play

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I got up (shortly after my goal time). Maybe tomorrow I should set my alarm for 8:51, so that after I hit the snooze, it will be 9:00 I surfed MDA a bit and then I applied for an on-line ESL (English as a Second Language) AQ (Additional Qualification) at a University. I HATE on-line courses, BUT, I need to add more qualifications, so…

I experimented with Jello-Tea (with Pomegranate Lavender Tea), did a load of laundry, made a protein shake and then went to my Home Instruction Student’s house. I finished there at 2:30, came home, sprinted, and then organized some H.I. stuff.

While making supper we realized that the fridge was not very cold. So we unplugged it and unloaded everything into tubs and put it out in the back room while the fridge has a rest. Good thing it’s cold out.

I didn’t put enough gelatin in my tea, so I poured most of it back into a pot, added more gelatin to the stuff left in the pan and tried it again. It set this time, but I think I’d like it even thicker – so I can pretend it’s my gummies It’s not quite thick enough to pick up with my fingers. I’m eating it out of a bowl.
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-17-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: forgot the Natural Calm
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Great first effort at the early(ish) wake up time .

How much gelatin did you use for what quantity of the tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Great first effort at the early(ish) wake up time .

How much gelatin did you use for what quantity of the tea?
    Well, I had 3 cups of tea.
    I bought some bulk gelatin. I put, idk, 3 T in the 1st time, and then maybe the same amount the 2nd???
    Next time I'll measure
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Morning Thoughts.
    I don't think I like my new goal.
    I was awake at 5:30. The Butterflies were re-arranging themselves on the bed.
    My Daughter woke me at 6:30 asking for her Passport
    (she needed a photocopy for an upcoming school trip)
    The alarm went off at 7:15. I shut it off.
    And then again at 8:51. I hit snooze. It went again at 9:00.
    I tried. I was SO tired.
    It was 9:25 when I climbed out of bed.

(of course I went to bed at 11:50)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday
    Food

Protein shake (with a banana)
    A square of Lindt 90%, Jello Tea
    ˝ glass of white wine, ˝ glass of red wine (the last of the two weekend bottles)
    Fried Ham slices with pineapple
    Chai with milk (I ran out of whipping cream )
    One of my Farmer’s milk chocolate Toberone triangles

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Zumba!* Class
    No reverse chin-ups because of my neck

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11: 50 – 9:00, UP at 9:25, Vit D drops, Zumba!

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I do not like my morning goal…

Somehow, while I was in the shower, I pulled a muscle in the back of my neck on the right side. It hurts to turn it too far either way

I’m not really sure where my morning disappeared to, but the next thing I knew it was time to go to my Home Instruction Student’s place to read "The Tempest" (Act II). Then I stopped in at the school to talk with the math teacher.

I cleaned out the fridge, plugged it back in, and then re-loaded it. I finished off the last of the left over weekend wine. Ate my ham and changed into my yoga pants and Merrell Pace Gloves for Zumba!. My girlfriend picked me up and we went to the class. I felt SO uncoordinated! I took it easy (because my neck was still sore). There was a few moves I couldn't do (because of my neck). We laughed and danced and worked up a sweat. Next time I go to Zumba! I will bring a small towel and more water! I came home, made the Chai, ate the Toberone, and climbed into the tub with some Epsom Salts and some Lavender salts. I soaked for about 30 minutes.

I have leave shortly to pick up my Daughter from her Boyfriend's house. They are "working" on a school project...

*Zumba! is fun to say, needs an ! and I think it deserves to be Magenta
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I hate to ask, but how the heck do you pull a muscle in the shower . Were you in there alone???

Healing vibes directed your way, regardless.

Glad to hear you liked the Zumba!. I agree, it deserves a colour .

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

I have leave shortly to pick up my Daughter from her Boyfriend's house. They are "working" on a school project...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO! Lock your daughter and don't allow her to date until she's 30 and lives far, far away!
    >;c

I would probably make a very bad parent...
    It just would bother me if ANYONE that is related to me does anything sexual in MY house.
    NOT ALLOWED.

*distracted*
    JELLO TEA?!!!!!!!!! JELLO TEAAAAAAAAAAA?!!!!!!
    I want jello tea! How do you make it? OMG so fun sounding!
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

I hate to ask, but how the heck do you pull a muscle in the shower . Were you in there alone???
    Hahaha!!! Yes, I was alone
    Well, when I'm drying off, I bend over and run my fingers through my hair and crunch it up (making curls) and then wrap it in a small towel.
    I think it was either bending down or when I was straightening back up.

Healing vibes directed your way, regardless.
    Thanks

Glad to hear you liked the Zumba!. I agree, it deserves a colour .
    Yup!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO! Lock your daughter and don't allow her to date until she's 30 and lives far, far away!
    >;c

I would probably make a very bad parent...

*distracted*
    JELLO TEA?!!!!!!!!! JELLO TEAAAAAAAAAAA?!!!!!!
    I want jello tea! How do you make it? OMG so fun sounding!
    I'm still experimenting.
    You can use unflavoured gelatin (Knox packages or from the bulk food store)
    You sprinkle the gelatin on about a 1/4 cup of liquid and let it dissolve. Meanwhile, make some HOT tea (your favourite kind - I'm going to try a peach next time) and then pour the tea on the gelatin. Mix & let set.

My 1st batch was good, but it wasn't tea. I used peach juice concentrate and they were like jello squares.
    The 2nd batch, with tea, wasn't thick enough, it was just like regular jello - but too weak.
    I think for the next batch I'll make the tea stronger.
    But it WAS fun to eat jello again
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy