Page 234 of 415 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 234

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    The gelatin cubes are a good idea, as long as they're unsweetened. I was planning on making some gelatin with tea in the summer, as Paleobird was doing, but didn't quite get there.
    This 1st batch I used unflavoured gelatin but then I added a little frozen peach juice concentrate. I think I still "need" some sort of flavour...
    How does Paleobird make it with her tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Zumba? Go for it! I went to one class a couple of years ago, it was fun, even though coordination has never been one of my assets. It would get easier and more fun if you went regularly. Especially if you have someone to go with.
    Yeah, I think I will. If I don't go, I'll just sit on the couch
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    How does Paleobird make it with her tea?
    I don't recall exactly, but it was a lot of gelatin with rooibos tea and added fresh lime juice. It was either in her journal or maybe the second reality check thread. She suggested any type of tea would work well. I could see Tazo Passion or Wild Sweet Orange giving lots of good flavour if brewed double strength.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    idk, NOT buy anymore chocolate once this is gone?
    I'm not sure if I'm repeating anything here, but are you taking magnesium supplements? I used to get crazy chocolate cravings that I couldn't understand. There were times when I was like, hey, if you want to binge on some sugar, there's other crap in the house. But I didn't want that other crap. I wanted chocolate. I had to basically strap myself down not to go get some. I thought that was weird enough that I should research it. Turns out chocolate, especially the good dark stuff, is really rich in magnesium. If you're deficient in it, which all insulin-resistant people are, and chocolate is your main source of magnesium, your body will tell you it will die without chocolate. What it's really saying is your body will die without enough magnesium. So I started taking magnesium supplements, now even with my calcium intake, and haven't had a crazy chocolate craving like that since.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    This 1st batch I used unflavoured gelatin but then I added a little frozen peach juice concentrate. I think I still "need" some sort of flavour...
    Oh yum. I have a bottle of organic cherry juice concentrate and a huge box of Knox, "Jell-o" is a great idea
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm repeating anything here, but are you taking magnesium supplements? I used to get crazy chocolate cravings that I couldn't understand. There were times when I was like, hey, if you want to binge on some sugar, there's other crap in the house. But I didn't want that other crap. I wanted chocolate. I had to basically strap myself down not to go get some. I thought that was weird enough that I should research it. Turns out chocolate, especially the good dark stuff, is really rich in magnesium. If you're deficient in it, which all insulin-resistant people are, and chocolate is your main source of magnesium, your body will tell you it will die without chocolate. What it's really saying is your body will die without enough magnesium. So I started taking magnesium supplements, now even with my calcium intake, and haven't had a crazy chocolate craving like that since.
    hmmm...interesting...I'll give it a try. Can't hurt, might help.
    Thanks.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Oh yum. I have a bottle of organic cherry juice concentrate and a huge box of Knox, "Jell-o" is a great idea
    Ooh, cherry sounds very good! I missed jello.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Friday
    Food

12:00 – Chai with the coconut milk/creamed coconut/ coconut oil/chocolate stuff added – very nice!
    2:00 – a Lindt 70% square
    4:00 – Protein Shake
    6:00 – ham, scalloped potatoes, peas, homemade applesauce, one square of Lindt 70%, black peach tea (with a Knox package added)

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    6 – reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:30 – 9:30, Vit D, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    It snowed last night and all day today.
    I cleaned and then taught at the local school for the afternoon. Easy.
    More cleaning when I got home. Eldest Son is bringing a New Girlfriend home for the weekend. I have to drive into London to pick them up; the bus gets in at 9:30 tonight. I hope the roads stay OK…I’m going in a little early, to find the Chai spices and to buy an electric kettle (I think the stovetop one I have is not good for my new stovetop…)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Safe travels to London winencandy... hope you find the tea kettle of your dreams! xoL

Thanks.
    I'm back. The roads were better coming home than going.
    I don't think it's the "kettle of my dreams" but for $25, it'll work

I found all the spices I needed and bought a couple of loose teas.
    Pomegranate lavender and a vanilla roobios.

It's bed time, I'll have to read everyone's journals tomorrow...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Saturday
    Food

BAS: romaine, avocado, bacon, cranberries, apple, Brie, lemon juice
    Homemade Chai with 15% cream (it was too milky, next time I’m NOT going to put so much cream in it!) the last of the Lindt 70%
    Red Wine
    Roast chicken, cheese and basil stuffed mushroom caps, roasted carrots and potatoes, corn, dark chocolate covered cheesecake bite, frozen raspberries and whipping cream, pomegranate & lavender tea.

Natural Calm (to see if it will help my chocolate 'cravings')

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

6 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    12:00 – 10:00, no, yes

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Easy slow morning. Eldest and Girlfriend slept till noon. After lunch, I made the Chai. It smelled great and then I added the cream and it was too weak At 4 I took Eldest, Girlfriend, Lily & Josie to the lake. I took the butterflies for a short walk and then came back home to finish supper. Eldest and his Girlfriend stayed for a longer walk and visit and then came back home with my parents for supper. They just left (11:30)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy