Page 233 of 415 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 233

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I was weak.

I caved.

I had a weird "craving" moment and I ate College Son's last milk chocolate Toberone triangle (he forgot it) and a dessert cup of mandarin orange segments...
    Ah, that's not so bad. And it was the last, as you say, so it's done and now you can carry on.

As for hunting for chai spices, have you made your own chai blend before? Sounds nice!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I haven't made it yet, my sister just told me about it. She loved it.
    Someone she works with made her a container full of little pre-measured packages of the spices and the directions.

Chai:
    3 Cups water
    1 full cinnamon stick
    5 peppercorns
    6 cardamom pods
    7 cloves
    1” fat chunk of ginger (chopped up)
    1 star anise

Boil for a few minutes, and then simmer for 10 min.
    Add 1 black tea bag and one Chai tea bag.
    Bring back to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
    Turn heat off and let sit for 3 minutes.
    Strain it.
    Add 2 T of dark brown sugar and 1 Cup of milk.
    Heat and drink.

This makes 4 cups. You can keep the Chai in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.

(Of course, I'll have to sub something for the 2T of dark sugar...maybe I won't need it)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I love the details!!!! Definitely have missed your journal!

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Thanks
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Food

9:00 - Chai with whipping cream
    12:00 - Protein Shake
    4:00 - Protein Shake
    5:00 - Virgin NorCal
    6:00 - Hamburger with spaghetti sauce, Roster sauce, fried mushrooms, onions, red peppers and an avocado, homemade applesauce, After Eight mint.
    9:30 – Camembert with a few rice crackers…didn’t “do it” for me...
    10:00 – 3 squares of Lindt 70%...better

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    6 reverse chin-ups

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:15 – 7:10am, Vit. D drops, no play

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I taught today. And then I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place. We started The Tempest. Act 1 Scene i.
    I avoided wine and vodka, choosing a Virgin NorCal instead.
    I had “mouth hunger” tonight. I tried to solve it with cheese, but my mouth wanted chocolate…
    This may be because I’ve had chocolate everyday since Christmas…
    That is NOT an occasional indulgence..............................
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So what's your plan going to be to counter the next time mouth hunger and chocolate cravings strike?? Am guessing you have more Lindt 70% in the house??

Nice work on the negative chin up practice! I think those will still be on the off limits page for me for my hand for a bit...

Glad your toe is feeling much better since the departure of the nail. Having it hanging on was probably the cause of the lingering soreness. Just keep it protected until the new nail comes in. No more metal doors with sock feet

PrimalD is offline Junior Member
    How do you rate your adherence to the Primal Blueprint in terms of your daily food intake?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So what's your plan going to be to counter the next time mouth hunger and chocolate cravings strike?? Am guessing you have more Lindt 70% in the house??
    Eat the rest of the bar
    idk, NOT buy anymore chocolate once this is gone?
    I made a coconut oil/coconut milk/creamed coconut/chocolate "thing" today - I guess I thought I could eat that instead???
    Next time I'm not going to add the coconut milk...

Nice work on the negative chin up practice! I think those will still be on the off limits page for me for my hand for a bit...
    Yeah, you need to get better. But you could already do one right?

Glad your toe is feeling much better since the departure of the nail. Having it hanging on was probably the cause of the lingering soreness. Just keep it protected until the new nail comes in. No more metal doors with sock feet
    ok
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday
    Food

11:00 - 3 egg frittata with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and Camembert. Dill pickle. I couldn’t eat it all. But I still had room for a Lindt 70% square…and some *Peach flavored gelatin cubes
    4:00 - **A few bites of a coconut oil/coconut milk/creamed coconut/chocolate “stuff”
    6:00 - A very small pork steak, a small helping of frozen mixed veggies, frozen raspberries and whipping cream, one square of Lindt 70%

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    6 reverse chin-ups
    4 short sprints

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:00 – 8:00, no, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I drove my Daughter to school and then climbed back into bed with my Butterflies reading MDA on the Galaxy Tab. I got up at 10. My back felt sore. It sometimes feels that way if I stay in bed too long…I guess I should get up sooner…

I was hungry, so I ate "brunch" although I couldn't eat it all, and then I felt sick after (the cheese??)...I still didn't feel 100% by suppertime. I feel a little better now...

I got a call to go into the local school to supply for the last period, the teacher felt sick. Then I went to my Home Instruction Student’s place. We watched the 1st part of “The Tempest” (a Stratford recording with Christopher Plummer)

Zumba classes are going to start here next week…8 weeks for $45. My girlfriend wants to go and wants me to join her…I should do it…but I’m SO un-coordinated…

*This MAY be my replacement for Real Fruit Gummies!!! – The “mouth" feel is “right” I need to work on the flavor…
    **I don’t think I like the coconut milk added, I’ll have to try to remember to NOT include it again
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Yeah, you need to get better. But you could already do one right?
    One for sure, when I work at it, it can be up to 3 or 4...but it's been a bit, once again.

The gelatin cubes are a good idea, as long as they're unsweetened. I was planning on making some gelatin with tea in the summer, as Paleobird was doing, but didn't quite get there.

Zumba? Go for it! I went to one class a couple of years ago, it was fun, even though coordination has never been one of my assets. It would get easier and more fun if you went regularly. Especially if you have someone to go with.