Page 231 of 415 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 231

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    So how was that wine from the back of the Farmer's pickup?

Probably just fine heheheheh

Agreed about stupid stickers in stupid places.

Your food numbers look pretty fine to me. Appropriate amounts of protein for sure. Are you going to start tracking again for a while, or is this just a "today" thing?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So how was that wine from the back of the Farmer's pickup?

Probably just fine heheheheh
    It was just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Your food numbers look pretty fine to me. Appropriate amounts of protein for sure. Are you going to start tracking again for a while, or is this just a "today" thing?
    The protein was good. I think the #'s were a bit high because of the wine and chocolate
    I don't know.
    I don't think I'll track every day, maybe just occasional "easy to track" days
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I feel you about the stickers, I just bought the kids some new beds and I wanted to sell the old bunks they'd been using. Unfortuately the little buggers had put stickers ALL OVER them! I swear it took me over an hour of peeling and scraping and then washing with eucalyptus oil to get them all off.
    They are under threat of death if they ever put a sticker on their new beds.

I was looking back at some old #s.

In 2008 I weighed 130.
    (I'd weighed that for years and years and years. Not ideal, but I was "comfortable" with it.)
    By 2010 I'd jumped up to 155. A 25 lb gain in two years!
    (after 2 years of teaching full time = stress?. Maybe I'm not "built" to be a full time teacher?????)
    Itís 2012 and Iím 139. (after 2 years of supply teaching Ė and primal)

I was trying to figure out what I'd done differently during that time:

*LONG hours in front of the computer? (But I spend tons of time on line now...)
    *NO exercise? But I wasn't really that into exercise before (or after )
    *Not enough sleep? (My teaching "sleep" hours were midnight - 6:30am)
    Now, my sleep hours start around the same time, but last longer
    *Eating habits? They weren't great. Lots of CW. I developed a bad habit of "snacking" at 3:30. Of course I ate all kinds of "junk" - but I've always eaten junk. I think my eating has improved
    *Stress level? Very high, school was "all consuming"...

idk, am I "on to something" or grasping at straws????

I shall think on this some more...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I think stress and lack of sleep are absolute killers - literally and figuratively. The excess cortisol causes all sorts of damage to the body and makes it very easy to put on weight. I'm sure from that list that these two are the major contributors to your 2010 weight issues.

I think you are right Em.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Friday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    A small ham quiche at the mall (I didn’t eat the crust)
    Strawberries
    Red Wine
    Fried hamburger with pasta sauce and Sriracha Hot sauce (College Son made it)
    Strawberries with whipping cream, one dark Toberone triangle

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    nope

Sleep, Sun & Play
    11:30 – 10:00, no, no

Use Your Brain, Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I took my College Son and Daughter shopping in London today.
    I avoided the crust on the quiche. I had strawberries instead of chocolate as an afternoon “snack”.
    University Son texted “Mission accomplished” A co-worker had CAA and called a tow truck for a boost for him.
    I bought and installed “Printshop 2 for Mac”. Hopefully it will "do" what I want it to...
    College son bought snowboarding boots to go with his new board. He flies back to Ottawa on Sunday – I’m not sure how he’s going to get all his “stuff” on the plane…
    Daughter bought a new Xbox 360 with Kinect…I just spent over an hour on the phone with Xbox setting up a Live account…They are now re-arranging my living room so they can play Kinect Adventure...
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-06-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: forgot about University Son's solved drama
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Aila is online now Senior Member
    Strawberries over chocolate! Victory!

Major using of the brain with setting up all the electronica. I usually fuss and moan about it for a while, then do it and feel very virtuous.

Glad the tow truck resolved the drama.
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Kinects are awesome! A fun way to get in some "moving slowly for long periods of time" unless you're playing one of those river rafting games. I got "Gunstringer" for xmas and it's a pretty unique game that you can play with 2 people.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They seemed to be having fun last night
    Except my living room is turned upside down...
    Yeah, they played the river raft game. My Daughter also bought the Dancing game...(I can't remember what its called)

Gunstringer...hmmm my Farmer might like that...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy