Page 230 of 415 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 230

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Funny that you only got a smidge of snow...I was thinking of you being buried when I saw London on last night's news. Good old lake effect snow? Very odd here, barely any snow and it's been above freezing the last 2 days, when normally in early Jan we should be closer to -20C. I'm not complaining.
    Yeah, no snow, and it's been around -2 C here lately. I'll take the "milder" weather too

Interesting about the truffles making you feel ill...my few sweets indulgences over the holidays leave me with an unpleasant feeling in the belly (not exactly nausea, not upset, just not "right"),
    Yeah, that's the same feeling.

I may make a chocolate custard tonight...I found this when I was looking for a Christmas day dessert, but haven't made it yet...it sounds fantastic: Chocolate Custard | Everyday Paleo
    Hmmm...

Your toenail still attached? And back to "normal" shoes?
    It's still "hanging on". It wiggles...
    No "heels" or anything tight yet. Moccasins, crocs, my flat leather boots
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Thanks, W'n'C, that was very educational. I have to go find some of those recipes now!
    np

If I can stop someone else from putting coconut oil on their hair, it's worth digging up my old posts
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Wednesday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream
    Greensprout’s “Italian Soda”
    Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, squash
    I chocolate covered cheesecake bite, 2 Dark Toberone triangles

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I know it seems like I'm having a fair amount of whipping cream lately. That’s because I have a LOT in my fridge. I’d bought 3 cartons for a New Years Eve dessert – frozen raspberries and whipping cream – but everyone was so full from supper that we didn’t eat it.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    No. I thought about it…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:30 – 9:00

I got up and I stayed UP! I KNOW!
    I did some laundry, organized some stuff on my Mac, and marked some of my Home Instruction student’s stuff.

College Son came home at noon with my Beetle. They slept over at a friend’s place in the city.

I liked the “Italian Soda”. It reminded me of a Rootbeer Float.

One small plate of supper left me feeling full - I didn't finish my squash. Not however, full enough to skip the Chocolate

For some weird (but wonderful) reason known only to the Gods of Chocolate, Dark Toberone triangles do NOT upset my stomach
    Truffles do, but not Toberone…

Last edited by winencandy; 01-04-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added the beautiful photo of a Toberone Bar (not my photo)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Every time I read Gay Panda's posts, I smile
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I love toblerone but how do you eat it without it poking a hole in your mouth?

Hahahaha!

You don't pop the whole triangle in your mouth at once, silly
    Baby bites
    It lasts longer that way.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

My Farmer brought in a 1/2 bottle of red wine that's been rolling around in the back of his truck since New Years Eve.
    It's still good, right???

Hang on, I'll let you know
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday
    Food

This:

A leftover pork loin (100g), 2 scrambled egg, onion, yellow pepper stir-fry “thing”
    A Dark Toberone triangle
    Red Wine
    Baked Haddock (200g), roasted veggies, leftover hashbrown casserole (that my farmer found in the fridge from New Years Day) frozen raspberries and whipping cream, and one dark Toberone triangle.

(Rough) Desired Goals
    Total calories = 1345
    Desired protein: 70g
    Desired carbs: 75g
    Desired fat grams: 85g

CRONoMeter #’s
    Total calories = 1551
    Desired protein: 98g
    Desired carbs: 93g
    Desired fat grams: 64g

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I entered the #’s because I was curious about how much protein I was getting.
    2 triangles of Toberone = 260 calories and 30g carbs
    sigh...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    A little
    PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25
    L3 Pullup –reverse hold for 2 seconds, lower for 4 seconds - 4 chin-ups

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:30 – 10:15am

Surfed the net, made lunch (for a change)*
    Bought a new stove!
    Why? Why do they put STUPID stickers on the front of the stove?

I got it off - I love Goo Gone

Look at that cook top!

I drank the Red Wine that’s been rolling around in the back of the truck since New Years Eve…

University Son called at 4:40. Second day of his Co-op placement and his car won’t start. He left the lights on…multiple calls later…and after failed attempts to boost it, he got a ride home with his boss and left his car there for the night…so my Farmer decided to get him CAA…too bad he can’t use it for 48 hours.

*On the days I have a Chai with whipping cream (around noonish) I’m not hungry till suppertime and I eat a smaller supper. Today, no Chai & whipping cream and I ate a big lunch and then a big supper…hmmm
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Thats a handsome new cooking implement you've got there, chick... I like toblerone too... sigh...

Thank you
    My old one was 24 1/2 years old...I wonder if this one will last as long???

I only buy Toberone at Christmas...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy