Page 229 of 415 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 229

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday
    Food

Chai with whipping cream, 3 truffles
    ¼ cup of shredded cabbage and carrots with mayo, ½ cup of chili with a few shreds of cheddar on top, ½ cup of frozen raspberries with whipping cream. Mint tea.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No wine, but I had 3 truffles…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    L3 chin-ups – 4 (very slow)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:30 – 11:30am
    It snowed today!
    I took down the Christmas tree.
    I didn’t have much of an appetite today. My stomach doesn’t feel very good.
    I’m tired. I might try to have an early bedtime tonight…

Lily cuddled in the blankets after hunting mice in the snow...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi W&C! Oh my goodness, Lily is adorable all snuggled up like that! Chasing mice is tough work!

Sounds like you are recovering nicely from your New Year's Eve fun...

I'm joining the pull up challenge, too! See you there!

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    What a cutie!
    Love your quotes, Winencandy. If I had a name like yours it would be Cabernet&Chocolate!
    I didn't put pull ups in my goals for the year, but one would be nice. I'm on the chair assist method for now.

Aila, are you joining the challenge Mark announced yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Hi W&C! Oh my goodness, Lily is adorable all snuggled up like that! Chasing mice is tough work!

Sounds like you are recovering nicely from your New Year's Eve fun...

I'm joining the pull up challenge, too! See you there!
    Hi Aila!
    Lily is my cuddle bunny She's under a blanket, on my lap right now
    I haven't seen the 2012 Pull-Up Challenge thread yet, I keep looking for it...Jenny???

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    What a cutie!
    Love your quotes, Winencandy. If I had a name like yours it would be Cabernet&Chocolate!
    I didn't put pull ups in my goals for the year, but one would be nice. I'm on the chair assist method for now.
    Thanks
    There's a "story" behind my name (isn't there always)
    Wine n Candy is more "all encompassing" I like too many varieties of wine to name just one
    My favorite candy, besides dark chocolate, would have to be gummies...

The best I can do is 3/4 of a chin-up. Starting on a chair with my arms at a 90 degree angle. I can raise myself the rest of the way up and very slowly lower myself. Pull-ups are not as strong. I'd love to be able to do a "real" pull-up...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Last night I had some pomegranate pips after I posted...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday
    Food

Pomegranate Pips
    ½ cup chili
    I truffle
    2 pork loin chops (fried and then Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup added), broccoli and cauliflower, 2 Toberone triangles, frozen raspberries with whipping cream.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No wine.
    I don’t think I can eat the truffles. Yesterday I had 3 and then I felt sick. Today I had one and felt sick...I guess this is a good thing...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    No – I REALLY gotta do something about this...

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

11:30 – 11:30am

London got 40 cm of snow today and we got 1 cm. (We live 45 minutes away)

After I ate the truffle, I felt sick. I don’t think I can/should eat the rest of the box...and since I’m the only one who likes them, I guess I should throw them out. (I NEVER would have said that before!)

I didn’t accomplish very much today...a bit of laundry...some dishes…

I was going to do some marking for my Home Instruction student, but that didn’t happen…

College Son bought a -30 C sleeping bag, a snowboard, bindings, goggles and a board bag yesterday (using most of his Christmas $) The board bag is too small, he has to exchange it. He went to bed last night (?) at 7 am and got up at 4pm. Tonight he’s gone to the movies with his friends and my Beetle. He flies back to Pembroke on Sunday.

University Son starts his Co-op placement tomorrow morning.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

W'n'C, I love how you organize your posts with the Primal Laws! And your writing is so entertaining!

I have just skimmed your numerous posts and am wondering how you are doing with your goals?

It's been fun finding a few other short women-of-a-certain-age.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Thank you Cave Woman.
    I'm glad you're enjoying it

I used to post monthly goals, but I've stopped doing that.
    I lose VERY SLOWLY...of course, I may like wine and candy just a bit too much...and I don't really move very much either...

If you are interested in what I learned in my first year Primal, back in September I did a "review" of my 1st year.
    The posts are #1947 - 1954.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Funny that you only got a smidge of snow...I was thinking of you being buried when I saw London on last night's news. Good old lake effect snow? Very odd here, barely any snow and it's been above freezing the last 2 days, when normally in early Jan we should be closer to -20C. I'm not complaining.

Interesting about the truffles making you feel ill...my few sweets indulgences over the holidays leave me with an unpleasant feeling in the belly (not exactly nausea, not upset, just not "right"), I expect it's all due to the sugar load, and whatever other crap and chemicals are usually in there. That said, I may make a chocolate custard tonight...I found this when I was looking for a Christmas day dessert, but haven't made it yet...it sounds fantastic: Chocolate Custard | Everyday Paleo

Your toenail still attached? And back to "normal" shoes?

Thanks, W'n'C, that was very educational. I have to go find some of those recipes now!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal