Page 228 of 415 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 228

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Too funny about the kid blushing!! I've been looking at that same fold up cushion for when the boys have friends over.

You had a rather good evening last night, so it would seem, and so you are feeling today . Feel better tomorrow for the drive.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Too funny about the kid blushing!! I've been looking at that same fold up cushion for when the boys have friends over.

You had a rather good evening last night, so it would seem, and so you are feeling today . Feel better tomorrow for the drive.
    Thanks

The boy bought me a new cushion. He hasn't delivered it yet.
    When Eldest Son slept on the cushion (before the "incident") he claimed that it was more comfortable than the pull out couch (which has an extra 3" foam on top).
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday
    Food

Edo Japan Hawaiian Chicken (no rice)
    Vodka & pepsi
    2 fast fry pork loin chops
    2 coconut hearts

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Well... I got wet feet today. The flat suede boots I wore were NOT waterproof…
    Oh, and the pepsi...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

no

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

11:00 (laid awake for about an hour) - 7:15am

Packed University Son’s stuff into his car. My Farmer and U.S. drove the car and I followed in my Beetle. Half way up my washer fluid stopped working on the driver’s side (of course). 2 ˝ hours later, we unpacked his stuff. They have SNOW. Then we drove the 30 minutes to his co-op placement and back again, so University Son would know the route.

He took us to the mall to his favorite place for lunch, Edo Japan. (My Farmer bought) It’s “fast food”, but they stir-fry the meat and veggies right in front of you. I asked for no rice and they gave me double veggies. There was a lot of shredded cabbage. I left half of the veggies on my plate. I’d order it again.

After we left him we drove home, in the rain, and my washer fluid completely ran out...

When we got to our hometown, we stopped at our mechanic’s and he filled it up for me and then offered us a drink. I had vodka, but the only mix he had was pepsi It was SO SWEET...I should have had it with water...

A quick “snack” for supper and then I took my Daughter into the city (1 hour drive) in the rain. We did several returns and then she bought some running clothing. Tight pants and a T-shirt and a long sleeved shirt. She’s running in the “Resolution Run” tomorrow night with my sisters. She hasn’t really practiced. She’ll run it easily...

I have a very convenient toenail injury so I won’t be running
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Last edited by winencandy; 12-31-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Happy New Year!!
    Wishing you all love, peace and prosperity in 2012!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

3:43 am
    Time for bed...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    3:43 am
    Time for bed...
    HeeeHeee...

That's about when I was crawling into bed, too

New Years Eve
    (Saturday)
    Food

Protein shake,
    NorCal (vodka) with pomegranate pips, 2 scoops of melted Brie on crackers (I ate the Brie and threw out the crackers)
    Red wine. Pork loin, hashbrown potato casserole, green beans, mushrooms, Caesar salad, and 2 After Eight mints.
    Palm Bay Cooler, NorCal, sparkling wine.
    Turkey, small scoop of potato salad, red pepper strips.
    Chai with whipping cream

I think I did pretty well considering it was New Years Eve
    I avoided the Shooter Bar. I only got my sore toe stepped on once.
    I didn’t get drunk, fall down or throw up!!!

no

10:30am – 3:50am

I woke up and found a brand new sleeping cushion in my kitchen

I took my Daughter out to meet my sisters after lunch. They left at 3 for the Resolution Run in London. She ran the 5K in 32 minutes. (not as good as her last time, but she didn’t practice AT ALL for the race) My sisters dropped her off at her friend’s house after the race.

We were invited to a friend’s place for supper. There were 16 for supper. 7 “adults” and 9 “kids”; (One of the kids was College Son. The youngest kid was 19). I brought the mushrooms (I fried them there – butter, garlic, rosemary, red wine) After supper we had to walk uptown (the Palm Bay was for the walk) to meet a school bus that was taking us 2 towns away to a Stag & Doe for another friend’s son. There were 41 people that got on the bus up town and there were already a bunch of people on the bus. I think my Farmer said there was over 70 on the bus (at $10/person return) I just know it was crowded and HOT. There were FIVE people in my seat!!

The Stag & Doe was typical. Crowded, loud, shooter bar, sticky dance floor, with not enough seats (man, I sound OLD). I’d brought my own Club Soda and Lime Juice I had one vodka and then I drank “Virgin” NorCals for the rest of the evening. I got my foot stepped on by a drunk older man who wanted to dance, I got beer spilled on me by another drunk guy, I was given the “invisible” treatment by an ex-friend (She hugged my Farmer and wished him a Happy New Years and then turned her head and walked away from me…whatever) I wore a feathered party hat. I bought another vodka around 11:30, ‘cause I still had a ticket and I thought I “should”. Right after that they set out complementary sparkling wine. I only had a few sips of each. I ate a little from the midnight lunch. The friend (where we had supper) said there was an early bus at 12:30 and she was taking her daughter home on it because her daughter didn’t feel good (she wasn't drunk) I decided to go with them instead of waiting for the REALLY crowded, REALLY drunk 1:30 bus It was a quiet ride back, we convinced the driver to let us of right at the house I had a Chai while we waited for everyone else.

They all came pouring off the bus in front of the house (one of the boys fell off the bus) and inside. We brought out the left over food and they ate again. Around 3 one of the girls was going to walk home (about a 10 minute car ride away) We were leaving then, and I told her there was no way I was letting her walk. One of our friends wanted to go home as well, but his wife was spending the night (so was College Son). So I gave the girl a ride home (in the opposite direction from where we live) and then dropped our friend off at his house. Finally home and in bed before 4am…

I sound grumpy and complaining, but I had a really good time. It wasn't the "best" New Years Eve, but it wasn't the worst...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I still can't do a full chin-up of pull-up, so I guess I'd better join the 2012 challenge...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

New Years Day
    Sunday
    Food

Chai with cream
    ˝ cup of chili
    White Zinfandel
    Pork ribs, chili, hashbrown potato casserole, Caesar salad, cucumbers, yellow peppers.
    One homemade butter tart, 2 chocolate orange slices

I enjoyed the homemade butter tart.

no

4:50am – 11:45am

We made chili to take to a family gathering in St Marys. Halfway through making it my Farmer decided that he really didn’t want to go. (His family, his choice) We vegged for a bit, and then I took my Daughter to my parents’ for a visit. (My sister and her daughter went back to Ottawa this morning) My Farmer stayed home and held the couch down, but came out later for supper. We got home around 10ish.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy