Page 226 of 415 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 4148

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 226

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope those turkeys behave! And I mean both your food and your guests.

Merry Christmas.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Suse is offline Senior Member
    full house for christmas indeed with 17 guests. enjoy having your family around you!!!

owww on the toe still... yeah I'm with the farmer, I think it's gonna drop off.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    So how did those turkeys turn out?

It must have been wonderful to have all your kids home and all the family together. Looking forward to the full report

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks girls

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    So how did those turkeys turn out?

It must have been wonderful to have all your kids home and all the family together. Looking forward to the full report
    It WAS wonderful

A full report???
    How about a summary?

brb
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Christmas Eve (Saturday)

Saturday morning was a mad last minute cleaning spree Setting up extra tables, bathing the Butterflies, fighting to make sure I wasn't the LAST one to shower! (6 showers and 2 dog baths = no hot water for the last one )

People started arriving around 2. I set out Veggies (cucumbers, mushrooms, red peppers, cherry tomatoes) & Heluva Good Dip, a cheese board with 4 different cheeses, some venison peperoni (and some crackers for everyone else), and we cracked open the wines

Supper was a fresh turkey (and yes it behaved ) and spiral sliced ham, potatoes, squash, turnip, green beans and carrots, corn, dressing, cranberries, sautéed mushrooms (that Eldest Son made - they were Excellent! - butter, garlic, rosemary, red wine - he used to work in several fine restaurants) buns, and of course, gravy.

(I skipped the potatoes and gravy, but I had a small scoop of dressing)

Dessert was all homemade. Apple and thimbleberry pies and trays of “goodies”: shortbread, mini cherry and butter tarts, caramels, cheesecake bites, brownies, banana bread…I’m sure I’ve forgotten something…

And a few “store bought” ones: turtles, after eight mints, chocolate covered cheesecake bites.

(I had a few select goodies – a butter tart, chocolate covered cheesecake bites, a small slice of thimbleberry pie)

After supper, we exchanged gifts and visited until 10 when people gradually departed.

Of course the kids stayed up after I went to bed…
    I woke up at 4 and played Santa – filling stockings…
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Christmas Day (Sunday)

My Darling Daughter got us all up at 7:45 by playing her saxophone!!

We exchanged gifts. We finished by 10am and then she got ready to go to her boyfriend’s for “brunch” (the reason she got us up early). We relaxed for a bit and then got ready to go to my In Laws. My SIL was bringing the turkey, dressing, gravy and buns, I was looking after the “veggies”: potatoes, squash, corn, cranberries, more of Eldest’s mushrooms, fresh peppers, mushrooms and cucumbers with dip. I also brought some cheeses, venison peperoni and crackers.

My Daughter and her Boyfriend came home mid afternoon and then we went to the In Laws. Where we munched on the veggies and cheese in the afternoon, drank more wine, and then ate another large meal. (I just realized that for both big meals I DIDN’T have seconds…that’s a 1st!) Dessert was store bought pies – I left them alone, but I did have a few grapes and a couple turtles. More gift exchanges and then home by 10pm.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Boxing Day (Monday)

We had a nice slow morning and then I had to take my Eldest Son into London to catch a bus back to Toronto. We stopped in the mall for a bit – until Eldest said he had “Mallaria”…It was CRAZY in there.

I felt kinda “blah” when I got home (around 4) – then realized that I hadn’t eaten yet…so I had a couple coconut hearts (THAT’s what I forgot to list on the Christmas Eve dessert trays!!! That and the date squares – which I also ate on Christmas Eve) and a couple of glasses of leftover wine. We had creamed turkey, cauliflower and brussel sprouts for supper. I had a date square from the leftover dessert trays and a couple squares of Dark Lindt with Cranberries.

We were supposed to go out to a party (We barely know the people. It was at the house where I “invented” the bathroom rule – a shot before you could “go”), but we decided to stay home and hold the couch down.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

One of the joys of having sons:
    Last night, College Son had a couple of his friends over. They were drinking (they are almost 20 & 21 - drinking age here is 19) so they crashed in the "rec room". No problem, this has happened before. I have a pull out couch and a sleeping cushion in that room. I'd MUCH rather they sleep over than drive home...

Anyway, today I discovered that one of the boys was SO drunk that he wet himself while he was sleeping on my brand new flip out sleeping cushion

I told College Son that the boy was going to buy me a NEW cushion!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Tuesday
    Food
    Lunch was a BAS: ham, 4 hard boiled eggs, red pepper, cucumber, lemon juice and olive oil.
    Then I had a couple caramels...
    Then I had a few mint teas...
    Supper was a pork chop and cabbage salad.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

ummm...I think I had too many "poisons" over the last few days...

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

I felt "off" all day. My stomach was rumbling and grumbling and basically NOT happy with me

I spent the majority of the day on the couch and the majority of the evening...well...lets just say...my insides are NOT happy with me

Oh, I forgot to add:
    It's snowing out - finally - a really wet snow - and College Son and some of his friends are camping on the beach tonight...
    Last edited by winencandy; 12-27-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: crazy Colleg Son
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ewwww to boys getting pissed and pissing themselves. sound s like you did pretty well on the eating front... put it this way you dont sound like you really over indulged so that's got to be good right!!!???

i love that term holding down the couch.. I'm going ot borrow it.