Page 222 of 415 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 222

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Maybe not enough protein today, along with the residual carb cravings from the sugar? Who knows. I have those days sometimes too. Nice work on having your daughter hide the toblerone. Having that on hand might have been bad news... I bet the fat from the berries and cream were just what you needed too.

I used the Death Triangle twice tonight in my journal. Idiots.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I got an email from Mark today in response to my complaint about the spammers and he said that they have it more under control now - I think not! Yeah, you need to be reporting them every time though otherwise some may slip through whatever net it is the MDA people are trying to make.

Re: cravings for chocolate, it's not your fault you know - hyper-palatable foods are designed to make you feel that way. Try a few days of low food reward and it should go away.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Any spam you guys mentioned before is now gone, so they are handling it better! At least things are actually going away, but they really need to step up on their account creation security.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    You can replace your own hard drive! On a PC you just have to undo 2 screws, I bet it's even easier on a Mac. Plus you don't have any monkeys effing with your tech. I left my laptop at the local computer place to get the HD upgraded (and they were supposed to move everything over, etc. etc etc.) and instead they fried the motherboard! Now that Dell is crap it took 2 new motherboards to get a working one, plus a couple of new screens and heat sink.

Also:
    Primal Hot Chocolate
    2T unsweetened cocoa powder
    Hot water
    Coconut cream
    Stevia, if desired

Dissolve the cocoa in hot water like you're making instant coffee. Add coconut to desired paleness. Sweeten if need be, coconut is naturally pretty sweet.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Maybe not enough protein today, along with the residual carb cravings from the sugar? Who knows.
    I think you are probably right.

I have those days sometimes too. Nice work on having your daughter hide the toblerone. Having that on hand might have been bad news... I bet the fat from the berries and cream were just what you needed too.
    I agree. One of my "better" ideas

I used the Death Triangle twice tonight in my journal. Idiots.
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I got an email from Mark today in response to my complaint about the spammers and he said that they have it more under control now - I think not! Yeah, you need to be reporting them every time though otherwise some may slip through whatever net it is the MDA people are trying to make.
    Good to know they're on it. I'll stand by, ready to use the Death Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Re: cravings for chocolate, it's not your fault you know - hyper-palatable foods are designed to make you feel that way. Try a few days of low food reward and it should go away.
    OK (good to know it's not my fault )

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Any spam you guys mentioned before is now gone, so they are handling it better! At least things are actually going away, but they really need to step up on their account creation security.
    Yes!!!
    Of course, now if anyone new reads our journals, they'll wonder what all our frustrated posts are about

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    You can replace your own hard drive! On a PC you just have to undo 2 screws, I bet it's even easier on a Mac. Plus you don't have any monkeys effing with your tech. I left my laptop at the local computer place to get the HD upgraded (and they were supposed to move everything over, etc. etc etc.) and instead they fried the motherboard! Now that Dell is crap it took 2 new motherboards to get a working one, plus a couple of new screens and heat sink.
    Ouch!
    I called them this morning, they offered to install and format the 500G HD for no additional charge
    I also increased my RAM (I had two 1G cards, they are putting in two 2G - the most my old Macbook Pro can handle) These guys are really good, I've never had a problem with them. But maybe next time I'll try it myself.

Also:

Primal Hot Chocolate
    2T unsweetened cocoa powder
    Hot water
    Coconut cream
    Stevia, if desired

Dissolve the cocoa in hot water like you're making instant coffee. Add coconut to desired paleness. Sweeten if need be, coconut is naturally pretty sweet.
    Oohh, thanks! I'll try this the next time I get cravings like I did last night.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Tuesday
    Food

Protein Shake
    the last of the left over chili! with sour cream, 1/2 of a small melted brie (with rice crackers)

All the Other Stuff
    Sleep 11:15 - 8:30am, Vit D drops
    I had to supply teach today starting at 10. After school, I went to the Dr's. My toe is a little red along the one side. He cleaned it and gave me some Fucidin Cream to put on it. He told me to keep it clean and put heat on it, so I'm sitting with a small microwaveable heating pad on it. It feels nice

I'm watching the Glee Christmas episode with my Daughter.

Still using the IBM ThinkPad...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Cravings have come out and bit me, too. I read earlier today about fat to get rid of them, so I'll keep that in mind next time! Glee, hmm? Now that I'm an empty-nester I don't get to watch that stuff as much - it doesn't occur to me like it did when there were kids in the house.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'll admit, I watched the first two seasons of Glee. I lost interest after that, it just wasn't going where I wanted it to. I find some comfort in teen dramas (I like reading YA novels too, but only the sci fi/fantasy kind), no idea why. Boyfriend had a lot of fun teasing me about it, so I never watched when he was around ><

Sigh but it breaks my heart a little that I'll never have a musical man! I always wanted someone to be able to sing or play or me. Closest I got was a drummer (he was really good) that couldn't sing, a singer that couldn't sing (too much anxiety to work on it), and now a man with a hot voice but is completely tone-deaf!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh! everytime someone says "Glee" my brain reads "Ghee"
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Cravings have come out and bit me, too. I read earlier today about fat to get rid of them, so I'll keep that in mind next time! Glee, hmm? Now that I'm an empty-nester I don't get to watch that stuff as much - it doesn't occur to me like it did when there were kids in the house.
    I need my Daughter to remind me what night my shows are on I'm not sure what will happen when she goes off to school

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'll admit, I watched the first two seasons of Glee. I lost interest after that, it just wasn't going where I wanted it to. I find some comfort in teen dramas (I like reading YA novels too, but only the sci fi/fantasy kind), no idea why. Boyfriend had a lot of fun teasing me about it, so I never watched when he was around ><

Sigh but it breaks my heart a little that I'll never have a musical man! I always wanted someone to be able to sing or play or me. Closest I got was a drummer (he was really good) that couldn't sing, a singer that couldn't sing (too much anxiety to work on it), and now a man with a hot voice but is completely tone-deaf!
    My Farmer isn't musical either...although he did take piano lessons when he was a boy...

Ahhh! everytime someone says "Glee" my brain reads "Ghee"
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!
    "You know you're primal when..."
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy