Page 22 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 22

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My Stats:

I weighed myself at my mom's.
    No change. (Well a 1/2 lb, but I'm not counting that)
    I hate scales.

BUT

My measurements give me hope

Since September I've lost:
    1" from my ribcage
    1.5" from my waist
    .5" from my stomach
    .5" from my hips
    .25" from my thigh (I can only assume it is the same on the other one )
    No change on my arms

Another tangible change: The Old Navy size 4 jeans I could NOT do up in April, now fit!
    There is still a small muffin top, but I can wear them

Babysteps...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That's great, WnC! You rock, chiquita!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Food
    3 pm – a chunk of Brie before I left the house.
    D – squash soup (with coconut milk and butter) about 1/3 of a chicken breast.
    I wasn’t very hungry.
    Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    L2 Push Up: 10, 5 (I can’t seem to do more than 10 in a row – then I get a sharp pain in my wrists)
    L2 Overhead Press: 10 (when I got up I felt light headed)
    L3 Squats: 20, 30

Shovelglove – 10 minutes, (timed) 8 lb sledgehammer.

Walk and sprints on the beach with the Papillons for almost an hour. Almost an hour of walking, not sprinting

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed at 11:30, up at 6:50, drove my daughter to band practice, back to bed until 11:00 am.
    Cloudy Canadian October Day – D drops.
    I spent several hours reading journals Then exercise. Measurements. A piece of cheese.
    At 3 I left with the Papillons to visit my parents & weigh myself. Then I took the Papillons for a walk on the beach. I thought of a possible story idea...but I haven't written anything down yet.
    Home and a late supper, so I didn’t go to band. Made some more of Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls and licked the spoon
    Vegging on the lazy boy, Mac on my lap, a Papillon on my shins and another beside me.

This is my last post tonight, 'cause part of my November challenge is getting to bed by 11, and a 1/2 hour always disappears between when I shut the computer and when I lay down...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Looks like things are on track on your end! Great job!

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Suse is offline Senior Member
    excellent news on the measurements. I expect your non weight loss is just a change of composition from fat to muscle. Way to go, you should be very pleased with yourself.

batty is offline Senior Member
    i love how you eat my balls EVERY DAY.

uh. ahem.

AWESOME on the body changes! REMEMBER THOSE MEASUREMENTS. they are more important than what the scale tells you!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

TAWFUNGUY: Thanks

Suse: I'm hoping that is what it is I am pleased with myself. I'm starting to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    i love how you eat my balls EVERY DAY.

uh. ahem.

AWESOME on the body changes! REMEMBER THOSE MEASUREMENTS. they are more important than what the scale tells you!
    LOL! They are my "go to" if I think I haven't had enough fat. I haven't developed a taste for coconut oil yet and I can't quite do straight butter. My CW friends would freak if they knew

I AM going to concentrate on the measurements.
    I told you your post changed EVERYTHING
    Thanks again.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I wonder what my protein/fat/carb % are?

Or my calorie count. If I'm eating too much, or too little.

Maybe I should measure my food and try Fit Day or Lose It or Daily Burn for a few days...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Hun…I go on today to see what’s happening and yesterday’s “log” disappeared…
    It was something like this:

Food
    L – ½ fried chicken breast, avocado and tomato salad, the last of the Brie, and ½ a can of coconut water.
    S – Batty Blueberry Butter Ball, almonds
    D – Squash and coconut milk soup with bacon. Another Batty Ball

I did not even want the assorted Danishes and sweet breads at the meeting!
    Stupid Mistake: I tried to break up a Papillon fight and I got bit.

None. I was going to after supper, but the bite hurt, so no exercise.

Bed at 11:05 but still awake at 11:40. Up at 7:30, showered, dressed, lunch packed and out the door by 8am!
    I spent the day in the city at a Professional Development meeting for Occasional Teachers. We ‘learned’ about boundary issues (don’t touch the students) and classroom management…all basic common sense stuff…but I got paid.

They had the typical trays of Danishes, sweet breads, jams and Philly. I wasn’t tempted, but I watched people go back again and again for more. At lunch time the organizer gave directions to the nearest fast food strip

I packed a lunch and it was much better than fast food
    But I did save Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball to eat in my car after the meeting. (Maybe when I’m fit, I’ll eat those in public )

My husband is in the combine this week, harvesting the evil corn. So suppers tend to be light when he’s gone, leftovers, etc. I made squash soup with coconut milk and added some bacon. I wasn’t very hungry.

The Papillons started fighting over the moose bones that are scattered all over the deck. Of course the younger one (Josie) thought that the ribs Lily was chewing on looked better than the 7 other bones laying there. I tried to break them up and I got bit. Through my shirt. Sigh…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    L – ½ cup of 6% plain yogurt with a drizzle of maple syrup ‘cause I just can’t eat it plain
    S – a couple of Batty’s Blueberrry Butter Balls
    D – 1 cup of fried ground beef with about a ½ cup of stewed tomatoes, pimentos and onions
    Fried apple and banana with 1 Tablespoon of crème fraiche, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon

I wanted dark chocolate when I was shopping today. I bought some, but I didn't open it.

None
    That's two days in a row.

Bed at 10:55, still awake at 11:24, I woke up at 7 but I fell back asleep until 10:40.
    Sunny Canadian November Day, but I still took my D drops.
    I surfed the forums, then showered, dressed and had some yogurt.
    We had NO FOOD in the house (according to my 18 year old son)
    So I drove into the city and parted with $300, and it didn’t even fill my Beetle…

I decided I’d measure my food for a few days and enter it in Daily Burn because I have a terrible time judging amounts and calories and fat/protein/carb percentages.

After supper I entered the days food into Daily Burn and Lose It. I have both of these on my Phone.
    I was full but both said my calories were too low, (under 1000) so I had the apple, banana, crème fraiche dessert.

I don’t think I’m doing it right…
    Daily Burn says I had 1223 calories
    Lose It says I had 1158 – but it doesn’t have crème fraiche…

Neither program gives a fat/protein/carb total break down…

Is this enough? Too much?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy