Page 219 of 415 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 219

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    So, my parents dropped my MacBook off at the Mac store in London for diagnostics.
    My warrenty expired in October.
    They called this afternoon.
    I need a Logic Board? (I didn't even know I had one)
    The going rate for Logic Boards - $1000!!!!!!
    I swear my heart stopped...I'm glad I was sitting down.
    Then he goes on to tell me that my model of MacBook Pro is covered by an extended Apple warrenty and they were able to find a Logic board and they are going to install it for me!!!!!!!!!
    But there might still be a hard drive issue, they won't know until after they install the Logic board...

Meanwhile, I'm stuck using the IBM ThinkPad...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    How did your toe fare today? Sucks that you had to turn down work because of it. Keep up the soaks, and you should be feeling less tender by the end of the weekend, though probably sore for a while yet, unfortunately

OK, lets end it, I don't like this game either
    Yup. Done and done. Time to pass that torch along to someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    omg, I read about your toe and then just had to stop cause it was just too gruesome for me. Even I felt like fainting and it wasnt even my bloody toe! Owwwwww
    That's why I didn't include a photo
    Well, that and the fact that my MacBook "died"...

if only that sort of thng would happen to the spammers.
    Hehehehe
    (you know, I was gonna say "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy"...but in this case, I'd make an exception )

How do we report them.
    At the bottom of every post, on the left side, there is a small black triangle. Click it on the spammer's post and a new window opens.
    Type in "This is SPAM" and send it!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    re the toe, did I ever tell you the story when I fell out of a lift (the doors opened and I was talking to someone and the lift fell about 6inches below the floor so I tripped)... banged my toe up bad, so painful, but the worst part was hearing the hysterical laughter from all of the people in the lift as the doors closed with me sprawled on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    How did your toe fare today? Sucks that you had to turn down work because of it. Keep up the soaks, and you should be feeling less tender by the end of the weekend, though probably sore for a while yet, unfortunately
    Last night I took my meds up to bed with me. When I woke up at 6, I took them and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. When I got up it was tolerable. It's slowly getting better. I'm continuing to pop pills. No sharp "on fire" pains today

That reminds me, I should soak it now...brb

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Yup. Done and done. Time to pass that torch along to someone else...
    How about to the spammers????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

re the toe, did I ever tell you the story when I fell out of a lift (the doors opened and I was talking to someone and the lift fell about 6inches below the floor so I tripped)... banged my toe up bad, so painful, but the worst part was hearing the hysterical laughter from all of the people in the lift as the doors closed with me sprawled on the floor.
    Oh No
    I know it was painful, but thanks for the laugh

(Why do we laugh at other people's pain/accidents??)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Nail bed pain is one of the worst pains there is I reckon and there's something about experiencing or watching (or as I've just learned, reading about) a nail being ripped off that just makes my skin crawl. This from the girl who packs wrist-deep cavities in people for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Nail bed pain is one of the worst pains there is I reckon and there's something about experiencing or watching (or as I've just learned, reading about) a nail being ripped off that just makes my skin crawl. This from the girl who packs wrist-deep cavities in people for a living!

Yeah, I don't think I'm about to let my meds lapse for the next little while. Yesterday morning was scary BAD.
    Although not as bad as kindney stones or hours of Oxytocin induced back labour...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday
    Foods
    Protein shake, egg, bowl of chili with cheese and sour cream, frozen raspberries with whipping cream, the "hook" part of a candy cane...

Poisons and Stupid Mistakes umm, I didn't hurt myself today
    There were beans in my chili.
    I was offered the candy cane by my Home Instruction Student...

PFB2 "almost chin-ups

The "Other Stuff"
    I put my meds beside the bed lat night and dosed up at 6am, then fell back asleep until 8. I had to get up to give my parents my MacBook to take to London. Then I climbed back into bed with my butterflies

I got up and "got ready" at 10:30. My toe felt OK.

My Home Instruction Student texted me at noon. He had a Dr apt, so we moved our lesson to 6:30. I changed into painting clothes and put a coat of trim on three door frames, one door and some banister posts. (I haven't painted trim in - forever. It all needs a touch up)

My Daughter had a band pot-luck supper tonight, she wanted to take chili, so that was supper. I dropped her off and then went to my Student's place. Where I was given the candy cane.

Picked my Daughter up at 8, and I've been fighting with the IBM ThinkPad since then.

I miss my mac
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My MacBook Pro is still in the shop

Friday
    Foods

Protein shake, brie, Beaujolais Superier
    left over chili with avocado and sourcream, pork loin chop, one homemade shortbread cookie, frozen raspberries and whipping cream (I think it will be a good thing when the cream runs out

Poisons and Stupid Mistakes
    shortbread
    BUT I didn't hurt myself today

PBF
    nope

All the Other Stuff
    Sleep:12 - 7:15am
    I went to work today! In my crocs...
    I still walk with a noticible limp, still taking my meds...
    Tomorrow I'm taking my Daughter to watch the latest "Twilight" movie, so I'm rewatching the first three parts. I'm on "New Moon".

My Farmer has been deer hunting all week with his buddies. They shot 6 (Although last year they shot 8) They are having a fish fry later tonight, my Farmer wants me to come over, so I'm heading over after New Moon...

I'm taking my wine with me
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy