Page 218 of 414 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 4137

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 218

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ^ WHY do they have to use this quote of mine????

Why????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    OMG, you win.

I think it's time to end this injury competition <she says while typing one handed due to splinted right hand>

Hope tomorrow it feels better...
    Last edited by Greensprout; 12-06-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: LOL - typo

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    OMG, you win.

I think it's time to end this injury competition <she says while typing one handed due to splinted right hand>

Hope tomorrow it feels better...
    OK, lets end it, I don't like this game either

As long as I keep taking meds, its ok. It's the worst 1st thing in the morning.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

My MacBook is still sick
    So no template.
    And this IBM ThinkPad sucks...I'm using Notepad to write this...cause I don't trust this ancient thing...I don't want to lose another post.

Foods:
    Leftover Hamburger and leek soup, Virgin NorCal, Shephard's Pie (with potatoes) and my new FAVORITE dessert: frozen raspberries with whipping cream!!! The cream freezes around the berries and it's as good as ice cream

No CHRONoMeter #s, that program is on my MacBook...

PBF stuff...
    Not much. 2 (almost) chin-ups. I start with my arms at a 90 degree angle and then pull up and slowly lower. I can do one of these at a time. I can't do it as a pull-up.

I have a question: What is the "starting position" for a chin/pull up? I'm short, and when I stand on the floor in front of my bar, I have to go up on my tiptoes to reach the bar. (I use a chair to get into the 90 degree starting position.)

Big Toe Update:
    1st thing in the morning, my toe feels like it's on FIRE. Espically along the base of the nail. Then I pop some Advil, take some Homeopathic stuff and lay back down for a couple of hours until it feels good enough to get up. I soaked it in warm water with Epsom Salts this morning, and I may do that again this evening. I also ice it and elevate it. I continue to take stuff throughout the day.

It sucks...

I cancelled my Home Instruction time this afternoon and I turned down a job for this afternoon. I also called and cancelled a job I had booked for tomorrow. Twice this evening, I've turned down calls for jobs tomorrow...

Figures...

I forgot. I made shortbread cookies today. I ate two. One when it was still warm and one just now...
    Last edited by winencandy; 12-07-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: cookies
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

WTF?!?!

Why can't we edit our own journals???
    Then we could delete this crap!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I just emailed MDA about it, it may help if we all start reporting the spam posts too, if the moderators start getting overwhelmed with complaints, they may just do something about it! It really is starting to get ridiculous!

As for your pull-up question, the proper starting position is the 'dead-hang', it sounds like your bar is the right height for you to do that. That is pretty advanced though, I'd be aiming to be able to jump up to the bar and pull-up rather than pull myself up from a dead-hang. That's hardcore!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I figured I'd read back a bit before my previous post...

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I went to the local school to ask some questions about a possible home instruction position. I liked what I found out and Iíve decided to accept it. 5 hours a week for the rest of the semester, teaching a student grade 12 English and Math.
    Neat! Is that volunteering, or a job? (either is cool... the world needs more people with that kind of genuine interest in teaching...)

Flute -- once upon a time, I was learning flute. But I couldn't get the hang of reading music. That's a bit limiting! I always love flute though.

Of course they sat near me and the baby cried through the whole play. I mean, really??? Who brings a baby to the theatre????
    And assuming you're crazy enough to bring a baby, why would you remain seated while the kid hollers? I know there are some babies who will nap and stay quiet through all sorts of activities, but when they don't, I think the socially-acceptable approach is to bail out of there pronto.

That wagon breakdown is a pretty amazing mechanical failure. Egads. Great pics though, love the red and the yellow of the corn. Actually that corn looks really inviting, I would want to play in it! :D

Gotta check out that Terry Kelly video next time I have sound.

SimpleH2O salesman -- ten minutes turns into an hour and they want $6,000? Yeah, wow. It's probably called SimpleH2O because only simpletons would buy it. ;) And remember that's just the start-up cost... no doubt to keep using it, you have to keep paying them for their own proprietary water filtration cartridges. I know a good bit about water filtration and from what I've read about them, the whole thing sounds scammy.

It felt like the low blood sugar feeling I used to get all the time when I ate CW. I think this is the 1st time it's happened since I started Primal.
    I'm with ya there, I never get the shakies anymore now that I've dropped my pasta-and-rice approach of yesteryear. But it is odd to have it happen again -- what did you conclude, just hadn't eaten as much as usual?

The multicolored curls rock, even if the colors aren't coming through in the pic as you describe. What matters most is how they look in person. :D

All this wine sounds luxurious. Makes me almost sad that I don't like it and therefore can't appreciate!

flickr -- yeah, I have my primal account for progress and food photos. My relatives really don't need to see me in a bathing suit like that. XD

Love all those purple variations in your daughter's room.

Toe injury: YEEARGH! Oh dear. Even if you lose your nail, it should come back... but it will take a while. :( Having the old one there meanwhile should keep your toe protected, at least. Ughh!

I volunteered back when they were looking for moderators ages ago, but haven't heard anything since then. Perhaps I'd better volunteer again by email...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I just emailed MDA about it, it may help if we all start reporting the spam posts too, if the moderators start getting overwhelmed with complaints, they may just do something about it! It really is starting to get ridiculous!
    Thanks
    I've started to report every one I see...

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    As for your pull-up question, the proper starting position is the 'dead-hang', it sounds like your bar is the right height for you to do that. That is pretty advanced though, I'd be aiming to be able to jump up to the bar and pull-up rather than pull myself up from a dead-hang. That's hardcore!
    OK, I'll jump, cause I'm so NOT hardcore
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I figured I'd read back a bit before my previous post...
    Wow! You read quite a bit. I'm flattered.

Neat! Is that volunteering, or a job? (either is cool... the world needs more people with that kind of genuine interest in teaching...)
    It's a paid job. (But it might as well be volunteer for the amount I'm paid)

Flute -- once upon a time, I was learning flute. But I couldn't get the hang of reading music. That's a bit limiting! I always love flute though.
    I taught myself...about 21 years ago. I used to play the Tuba
    Not reading music would be limiting...but you could play improv. I once went to a "Music For People" weekend improv workshop in New York State. It was awesome!

That wagon breakdown is a pretty amazing mechanical failure. Egads. Great pics though, love the red and the yellow of the corn. Actually that corn looks really inviting, I would want to play in it!
    My Farmer volunteers at the local Agricultural Fair. He made a 4'x8' shallow "sandbox" filled with corn for the little kids to play in. We put tractors and wagons and pails and shovels in it. The little ones LOVED it!

SimpleH2O salesman -- ten minutes turns into an hour and they want $6,000? Yeah, wow. It's probably called SimpleH2O because only simpletons would buy it. And remember that's just the start-up cost... no doubt to keep using it, you have to keep paying them for their own proprietary water filtration cartridges. I know a good bit about water filtration and from what I've read about them, the whole thing sounds scammy.
    Yup.

I'm with ya there, I never get the shakies anymore now that I've dropped my pasta-and-rice approach of yesteryear. But it is odd to have it happen again -- what did you conclude, just hadn't eaten as much as usual?
    I think so, it hasn't happened since.

The multicolored curls rock, even if the colors aren't coming through in the pic as you describe. What matters most is how they look in person.
    Thanks

All this wine sounds luxurious. Makes me almost sad that I don't like it and therefore can't appreciate!
    I never used to like wine either. It took several years. I first started with the really sweet (8), light fruity "wines" (peach, black cherry, etc) when they became too sweet for me, I moved up to sweet (4) white wines, gradually moving "drier" (1 - I still don't like 0) Just in the past month or so I tried red. Again, I found the lightest "easiest" beginner red (a Gamay or Beaujolais) and I haven't moved out of that step yet.

Once you get started, it's fun

Love all those purple variations in your daughter's room.
    Thanks

Toe injury: YEEARGH! Oh dear. Even if you lose your nail, it should come back... but it will take a while. Having the old one there meanwhile should keep your toe protected, at least. Ughh!
    Ughh is right...

I volunteered back when they were looking for moderators ages ago, but haven't heard anything since then. Perhaps I'd better volunteer again by email...
    perhaps
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    omg, I read about your toe and then just had to stop cause it was just too gruesome for me. Even I felt like fainting and it wasnt even my bloody toe! Owwwwww

if only that sort of thng would happen to the spammers. How do we report them.