Page 212 of 415 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 212

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Food
    Leftover roast chicken in a romaine lettuce leaf, with a tiny bit of mayo and a dill pickle
    Chicken thighs, carrots and rice. Yes I ate rice. Uncle Ben’s Chicken and Wild Rice.
    Virgin NorCals
    A lot of creamed coconut

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

No wine.
    Too much creamed coconut??
    The rice??? Whatever, it was GOOD. Eek, I just read the ingredients list...
    I MAY have moved too much today…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Painting. All day. From 9am to 5pm.
    My mom came over to help me with the bedroom. She painted the windows and the baseboard. I painted the ceiling. (My ladder doesn’t hold the paint roller tray, so this means climbing up, cutting with the brush, climbing down, changing the brush for the roller, climbing back up the ladder, rolling about 4 ceiling tiles, climbing back down the ladder, moving the ladder, picking up the brush and climbing the ladder again…) Then I painted the door, and then the floor. Then I painted the bathroom door frame and door and a hall door and frame.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:15 – 8:30am
    I tried Stretchsleeping. I think it helped. It felt good on my back, but I didn’t like how she suggested I use my pillow. I like a small “roll” of pillow under my neck. She wants the pillow flat and under your shoulders...Sometime in the night I turned onto my side, but there was no stiffness or pain when I woke up.

I painted.

Little funny story: When I paint, Josie wants to come in the room and be near me. (The other day she licked the paint out of the roller tray! And she has dark purple paint on her tail from the trim!) Anyway, today, when I wanted to paint the floor (purple), I had to set up a doggie gate to keep her away. She whined on the other side, wanting to be with me. Of course, just as we were almost finished, and I had to move the gate to finish, she slipped by me and ran into the room!!!! I yelled and scooped her up before she got too far. She, of course, had 4 purple feet I carried her down and cleaned her up. Silly pup.

Now I’m on the couch with extra pillows, an ice pack, Advil, “8 Steps”, my macbook and a mint tea.

Early bedtime tonight.
    Really.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you need an early night after all that painting with a sore back, you crazy lady!!

And no wine once again...good for you. Have to counterbalance that prefab rice .

Yup

I went to bed at 10:30!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Food
    2 chicken, cheese, mayo, romaine “wraps” ˝ a dill pickle
    Virgin NorCals
    “Cabbage Roll Casserole” – hamburger, onions, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes a tiny bit of rice, and garlic
    Salad: carrot, cauliflower, red pepper, red onion, mushroom, chicken, bacon, balsamic vinegar, olive oil (10 pm)

No wine.
    My back is almost back to “normal” No ice or Advil needed today.

4 L3 Chin-Ups

10:30 – 8:00am, no sun.

This morning was spent on the couch, cuddling with my Butterflies and watching the Banger Sisters.

After lunch I went with my Farmer to buy crown molding and a register vent. Then he cut some baseboard for me to paint, hung a mirror, a photo and the towel rod in the bathroom. I painted a coat of white on the trim and I scraped the caulking off one side of the stairs. After my Farmer re-caulked it, I painted it as well.

No painting after supper. I read some more of Ester Gokhale’s “8 Steps to a Pain Free Back”.

I hope to go to bed at a decent time again today.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    Protein shake: coconut milk, 2 eggs, 2 scoops protein, mango
    Can of tuna with lime juice
    Virgin NorCals
    Green Curry Pork: onion, celery, carrot, pineapple, ginger, garlic, coconut milk, and curry spices
    Salad: cauliflower, carrot, onion, red pepper, bacon, mushroom, balsamic vinegar, macadamia nut oil

(Rough) Desired Goals
    Total calories = 1345
    Desired protein: 70g
    Desired carbs: 75g
    Desired fat grams: 85g

CRONoMeter #’s
    Total calories = 1253
    Desired protein: 128g
    Desired carbs: 54g
    Desired fat grams: 57g

No wine.

I counted calories today...

4 L3 Chin-Ups

I thought about sprinting...but it was 3 C
    I'm such a wuss

11:15 – 8:00am

I put a 2nd coat on the crown molding and the bathroom trim. After lunch was Home Instruction time with my student. After that I bought fancy chandelier light bulbs for my Daughter’s bedroom light.
    After supper my Farmer changed the light, we went to put the bulbs in to try the light...and I’d bought the wrong size...so no light, therefore no crown molding hung...should have done the crown molding 1st...

I’m NOT painting tonight...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    How's the back today?

It sounds like your daughter's bedroom is going to look amazing when you're done! Photos required. Does she realize what a great mom she has?

Joseph875 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe you didn't get the job you wanted, but whose to say that if you did, you'd be happy there? It may have worked out to be the absolute worst job you've had! Who's to say? Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you had a better day today and it sounded like quite luxurious that you were able to stay in bed until 830!

OK

HOW do you report a spammer!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    How's the back today?
    The back is better...except when I try to get up from slouching on the couch...then I move like I'm 85

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    It sounds like your daughter's bedroom is going to look amazing when you're done! Photos required. Does she realize what a great mom she has?
    I'll take lots of photos. I hope you're patient
    It's not going as fast as I'd like.
    I should have taken some before photos...

Yeah, and she's pretty great too, she's been helping me.
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-24-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    Can of tuna mixed with a cut up dill pickle
    A few (4?) truffles
    Kelsey’s Roasted Mushroom Salad with grilled chicken (website says 300 calories)
    9 oz glass of Pinot Grigio

Total calories = 658 + chocolate truffles

The truffles were awesome. Sweet, but creamy and awesome.
    The calorie count seems low, but I was full.

4 L3 Chin-Ups

11:00 – 8:00am

My Farmer put up the crown molding and trim (at 8 am!) At 9:30 I stopped at the local school to talk to teachers about my home instruction student, came home and painted trim, and then went to my home instruction student’s place, where I was offered truffles. Of course I accepted!

I was planning on teaching for 2 hours, but my friend texted me. Another good friend’s dad was dying in the hospital and 3 of my friends decided to go visit her. They were leaving in about a ˝ hour and wanted to know if I could come. I cut our lesson short. They picked me up and we drove for almost 2 hours to the hospital.

She was SO surprised to see us We visited with her and her family for a while and then drove back home. We stopped at a Kelsey’s on the way home for supper.

He died this morning
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-26-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: last line
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy