Page 211 of 415 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 211

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the advice.
    I just got my Daughter to give me the ice pack that we keep in the freezer.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh dear on the back. funny how just a simple little movement will do it isnt it. Probably from all that dancing the night before which sounded like a great night out!

Hope it feels better by tomorrow!

Thanks
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Food
    3 egg frittata with onions, mushrooms, tomato, goat cheese
    Virgin NorCals
    Spicy Chicken (leftover chicken fried with onions, peppers and a TON of spices)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No wine.
    I iced my back, took Advil and read some of Ester Gokhale’s “8 Steps to a Pain Free Back”.
    And then I painted a ceiling tonight...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    I was moving REALLY slowly this morning

(I painted my daughter’s ceiling tonight)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:00 – 7:30am

I had to supply-teach one class at the local school this morning. If it had been more than one class, I would have called and cancelled. I came back home after the one class and started working in the bedroom. I put a coat of paint on the ceiling tiles that we mudded last night, then I cleaned out the bedroom and washed the floor.

After lunch I went to my Home Instruction student’s house and we worked on English and Math for two hours. I came home, took a couple of Advils and sat on the couch with the ice pack and the “8 Steps” book. I moved to the kitchen chair and practiced Stretchsitting. My back felt better!

I called my band conductor and told her I wouldn’t make band practice tonight.

Instead I put my Farmer and my Daughter to work in the bedroom. They put up the new ceiling tiles, removed the blinds from the windows, caulked the windows and above the door, and changed a burnt out ceiling light. They quit before I could convince them to sand the floor and the door...

I slowly put a coat of paint on the ceiling. Now I’m icing my back and reading about Stretchsleeping before bed.

My Mom is coming over tomorrow to help me paint.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling a bit better and that you have helpers for the painting!

Good on you for pulling out Esther's book. I don't have it, but it looks great. I think I"ve forgotten half of what she taught us in person at PrimalCon

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Stubborn much?? If I had a sore back I think the painting could go hang! Good thought about the book, though - I have it but haven't read it all.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Glad you're feeling a bit better and that you have helpers for the painting!

Good on you for pulling out Esther's book. I don't have it, but it looks great. I think I"ve forgotten half of what she taught us in person at PrimalCon
    Thanks.
    I bought the book last November and I'm just getting around to reading it now. (Of course, I NEED it now)

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Stubborn much?? If I had a sore back I think the painting could go hang! Good thought about the book, though - I have it but haven't read it all.
    I don't know if I'm stubborn....more like I'm trying to meet a deadline...my Oldest Son and his NEW girlfriend might come for a visit this coming weekend. I'd REALLY like the bedroom to be done so they could use it. My Daughter even agrees and is willing to give it up for them. Presently, if any of the boys come home they have to use a pull out couch in the kids' game room.

Of course, now I'm sitting with an ice pack on my back...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Joke of the Day:

Better than a Flu Shot!
    Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea...As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated,of all things, a condom!
    When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist. 'Miss Beatrice', he said, 'I wonder if you would tell me about this?' pointing to the bowl.
    'Oh, yes,' she replied, 'Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter.'
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    snort
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I've got Esthers book too... I really should put the stuff into practice.