Page 21 of 412 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 21

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ahhh...

Watching Rocky Horror Picture Show with my daughter....

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    you know WNC, whenever I read your journal I feel guilty about the complete lack of exercise that is in mine

bone_machine & Suse, you both made me smile Thanks.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Food
    L – 2 egg omelet with onion, tomato, green pepper and goat cheese.
    S – dates and goat cheese
    D – roast chicken, cauliflower, squash, and the last of the dates with goat cheese.
    White Zinfandel and Dark Chocolate

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I had no potatoes, corn or gravy with my supper.
    For the first time in over 20 years I did NOT buy Halloween candy! No candy.
    The wine and chocolate – it’s the weekend and that’s my 20%

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    L2 Push Up: 10
    L1 Plank: 45 seconds

Shovelglove – 8 minutes, 8 lb sledgehammer.
    The previous times I thought I was doing 14 minutes – it surely seemed that long. This time I timed it...I gotta remember a few more exercises.

Sprints with my Papillons

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 1:30 am (I was watching Rocky Horror Picture Show with my daughter), up at 10:30.
    The sun is shining a bit, but I still took my D drops.
    Play with the Papillons – more training with “wait on the deck while I open the gate”.

We never have kids here for Halloween. Never. We live out in the country, in an older, dark house on a gravel road. We would always take our kids trick or treating and leave a bowl of mini chocolate bars out on the deck with a jack o lantern and the light on. We would always come home and the bowl would still be full.

And we would eat the chocolate.

So this year I decided that I would NOT buy any Halloween chocolate. Guess what?
    Yup, we got Trick or Treaters! 5 of them! They got cookies…

I’m toying with the idea of the novel writing challenge…I need a November “Use Your Brain” challenge.
    Or maybe I should learn Web Design. Then I could use that if I ever get a teaching job…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    you know WNC, whenever I read your journal I feel guilty about the complete lack of exercise that is in mine
    <raises hand slowly thinking just the same thing as Suse...>

Good on you for not getting halloween candy. I didn't want to, but hubby went out and bought it yesterday. We don't get a ton, but there are still probably about 60 or so kids that come around. I suppose if I truly wasn't participating, I'd have to be out, but not much to be doing on a Sunday night when I've got things to do around here...

Review of my October Goals
    Concentrate on increasing my progression of the Primal Essential Movements. – Check, I’m up to level 2 on push-ups and overhead presses and my squats are getting deeper, I started doing planks again, AND I started Shovelglove! I still need to figure out how to do pull ups.
    Continue with my Primal eating, reducing my 20%. My personal weak spots – wine and sweets - Check! I’ve dropped my wine and chocolate consumption to only on the weekends and I’ve not had any candy!
    Figure out why I’m SO tired – I had blood work done and it all came back “excellent”, “pristine”. I think I was suffering from both carb flu and depression
    Pull out of the funk I’m in – I’m trying. I don’t feel as horrible as I did in September. I was a lot lower then than I admitted to anyone. Now I’m almost back to “normal”

November Goals

1. Improve the PBF Essential Movements and Shovelglove.
    2. Continue with my Primal eating, reducing my 20%.
    Keep my new habit of indulging in wine and chocolate only on the weekends.
    Maybe work on reducing my almonds and cheese. I eat a lot of cheese.
    3. Use my Brain to learn something new.
    4. Concentrate on positive thoughts
    5. In bed NO LATER than 11 pm!
    5. Figure out how I’m going to Sprint and Move Slowly during the coming Canadian winter...

Tomorrow I’ll do some measurements and maybe weigh myself...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    November Goals[/B]
    1. Improve the PBF Essential Movements and Shovelglove.
    2. Continue with my Primal eating, reducing my 20%.
    Keep my new habit of indulging in wine and chocolate only on the weekends.
    Maybe work on reducing my almonds and cheese. I eat a lot of cheese.
    3. Use my Brain to learn something new.
    4. Concentrate on positive thoughts
    5. In bed NO LATER than 11 pm!
    5. Figure out how I’m going to Sprint and Move Slowly during the coming Canadian winter...
    Hey lady, are you reading my mind?? Your goals are strangely close to mine, though I haven't actually put then down on paper or cyberspace yet...

Greensprout "Hey lady, are you reading my mind?? Your goals are strangely close to mine, though I haven't actually put then down on paper or cyberspace yet..."
    bone_machine "+1! We're gonna be badasses this this month!"
    Yup!

Time to kick it up a notch (or two)

I'm going to Jamacia in January!!!!

A huge incentive to get fit!!

We are going with another couple, and she is tiny. 110lbs, 5'4". She's skinny fat.
    I don't want to look like (or feel like) a whale beside her.

Anyone have a Jamacian resort recommendation??
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-01-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    We are going with another couple, and she is tiny. 110lbs, 5'4". She's skinny fat.
    I don't want to look like (or feel like) a whale beside her.
    She sounds practically anorexic! You'll look HEALTHY beside her.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    She sounds practically anorexic! You'll look HEALTHY beside her.
    Thanks.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy