Page 206 of 415 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 206

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    {{{hug}}}
    I hope you pull out of your funk soon
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Food
    11:00: leftover chicken breast and some coconut milk/coconut oil/dark chocolate “stuff” OMG! Smooth, creamy, wow!!!
    4:00: the rest of the coconut milk/coconut oil/dark chocolate “stuff” and a bag of Real Fruit Gummies…
    6:30: “Spicy Chicken” leftover chicken fried with peppers, tomatoes and lots of spices (green curry, garlic, ginger, turmeric, some spicy Jamaican sauce, a hot green Mexican sauce…) and some coconut ginger rice (yes, I had rice)

Virgin NorCal

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I had a weak moment, I bought and ate a small bag of “Real Fruit Gummies”
    It didn’t taste as good as I remembered, but I still ate the whole bag driving home. Felt kinda blah after.

I'd been eying the Gummies for weeks and weeks. Everywhere I shopped, there they were.
    Whispering to me.
    I said "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" "No"
    but they wore me down and today I said "Yes"...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope
    No time in the morning, and I went shopping after work today. I never exercise in the evening…too busy holding down the couch…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:00 – 6:00am

Supply teaching today. Good day, no issues.
    I went shopping for bathroom paint after work. $88!!!
    I bought some coconut milk and creamed coconut. (and the Real Fruit Gummies)
    Then I bought a neat quilted “ereader” case – it fits my Wacom tablet and pen perfectly!

My evening was spent on the couch. My daughter “needed” my Mac and I just got it back.
    I’m posting this and then going to bed.

I have SO many journals to catch up on!
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-08-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    and a bag of Real Fruit Gummies…
    I saw that! I know that blah feeling afterwards...felt the same last week every time I had pralines. I'm probably also adjusting back after that unusual sugar intake from last week, which is no doubt contributing to the funk.

And thanks for the hug.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hmmm those gummies. I totally understand what it is like saying no no no no, and then caving.... I suppose the good thing is that you realise they make you feel like crap later.

aaaggghhh that spammer is a real pain. why do people spam I wonder... annoying.

Good to see you've got a bit of energy and back into PBF.

It was interesting reading your post about not feeling very primal... that was totally how I was feeling. I think that although we know that a primal diet is good for us, we are still really quite attached to our old ways... I think I just needed to find a healthy balance, rather than berating myself every time I ate the wrong stuff, I have decided to enjoy those 8020 moments but also to limit them... I think for a while I was more 2080

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    It was interesting reading your post about not feeling very primal... that was totally how I was feeling. I think that although we know that a primal diet is good for us, we are still really quite attached to our old ways... I think I just needed to find a healthy balance, rather than berating myself every time I ate the wrong stuff, I have decided to enjoy those 8020 moments but also to limit them... I think for a while I was more 2080
    I think a healthy balance is a great idea. I think I spend too much of my time and energy thinking about the food part of primal but there is SO much more. It's all the other areas that I don't give as much attention to - sleep, moving, play...these things I haven't changed as much as the food. I am too attached to my old ways - staying up late, sitting on the couch, coasting through life. Part of me still thinks of this as a "diet" and not a lifestyle...That is what I need to change.

(Watch, some idiot spammer will now copy and paste this post)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Part of me still thinks of this as a "diet" and not a lifestyle...That is what I need to change.
    Good point... me too. I just wish I could buy a motivation pill honestly....

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    +1000000 to you both.

Food
    Lunch: I picked this up at the grocery store:

I fried it up and had it with an avocado:

Dinner: one slice of pizza. Only one. Then I had left over Spicy Chicken. And some more coconut milk/coconut oil/chocolate stuff. Virgin NorCals

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    The one slice of pizza. But it was small and I only had one. I have NO willpower against hot fresh pizzeria pizza…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25, 25
    L3 Pullup –reverse hold for 2 sec, lower for 4 (2 pull & 2 chin) I could really feel it in my arms today
    L4 Squat – 25, 25

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:15 – 7:50am
    Again this morning I felt wide-awake and full of energy. Is this what “normal” people feel like in the morning?? ‘Cause I could get used to this Usually I feel like I could crawl back into bed for a couple more hours. The energy lasted all day...

I went to the school at 9 and met with the English and Math teacher for the student I will be Home Instructing (I’m guessing that they call it that ‘cause they want to differentiate it from “home schooling”?) So now I’m trying to re-read “Catcher in the Rye” before I meet my student tomorrow at 11. (I gotta look like I know what I’m talking about )

I gave a rough copy of the play I edited to the drama teacher. He was so happy, he hugged me

After lunch I captured the second night of the play to my mac. For this performance someone brought a baby to the theatre. Of course they sat near me and the baby cried through the whole play I mean, really??? Who brings a baby to the theatre???? /RANT

I had to take my daughter to the dentist late this afternoon. And then she wanted pizza for supper.

No MDA surfing or journal reading tonight, I’ve got to read J.D. Salinger…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I love Catcher in the rye. Once of my all-time favourites although it does leave me feeling like I want to jump off of something high.

If you get the urge - Holler!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Farmer had a little "mishap" today at the farm. He asked me to come and bring my camera:

The wheel snapped right off this NEW wagon!

This is how they unloaded the wagon:

Unloading the corn. My Farmer has the yellow hat:

When they started climbing into the wagon, I got nervous and left.

There was some spillage:
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy