Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 205

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Was it worth it??
    idk
    I think so.
    I loved the fact that my daughter "made" it and shared it with me.
    The sharing was more important than saying "no, I don't eat that anymore"
    I ate it slowly and mindfully, one kernel at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I have to confess I have read all of Sophie Kinsella's shopaholic books more than once...nice light fun . Haven't seen the movie however.
    I haven't read any of them.
    This is the first time for the movie.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Food
    1:00: 3 hard boiled eggs, avocado, mushroom, red pepper salad with lemon juice
    2-3: Virgin NorCals
    5:00: glass of red wine, creamed coconut
    6:00: Roast chicken, cauliflower, carrots

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Avoided. No gravy or mashed potatoes, no dessert

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Yes! (not a lot)

PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25, 25
    L4 Squat – 25, 25

Sprint

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:30 – 9:00am (new time – we turned our clocks back)

My daughter helped me clean the kitchen and living room today. I trimmed the long fur on the bottom of the Butterflies’ feet. (It grows long and then they slip on the floor). I wanted to install Adobe Premier Elements on my Macbook, but I didn’t have enough space, so I spent the afternoon burning some files to DVDs. Premier is now on my Macbook and I’m transferring footage so I can do some editing.

While I was burning DVDs I read some more of Rob Wolf’s “The Paleo Solution”. I’m in the “Ancestral Fitness” chapter. This guilted/inspired me to do some squats and pushups.

Oh, my ONE bottle of red wine lasted for FOUR days. One bottle of white lasts 1 – 1 days.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Food
    Oh, my ONE bottle of red wine lasted for FOUR days. One bottle of white lasts 1 1 days.
    Hey W&C...been reading your journal for awhile...love the template and the end of the year reflections...BUT this whole time I envisioned you drinking red wine. I am quite dismayed at my recent discovery that this was not the case. Wine is one of my biggest downfalls to sticking with Primal, but I am a red drinker. Well, I do like Gerwerztraminer as well. I mean, wine is wine. Have you tried cooking with red wine? I discovered beef burgundy last year, it is pretty much my favorite thing ever. But once I open a bottle to cook with it goes away pretty fast. Like, faster than FOUR days for sure
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Hello Flaura!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    Hey W&C...been reading your journal for awhile...love the template and the end of the year reflections...
    Thanks

BUT this whole time I envisioned you drinking red wine. I am quite dismayed at my recent discovery that this was not the case.
    Sorry
    I'm trying to like it. Actually this last bottle was quite nice.
    I'm doing quite well with my wine "maturity". I started out HATING wine. I drank sweet fruity "girly" drinks.
    Then I tried the really sweet fruity wines - peach, black cherry, tangerine. (about an 8)
    Then I "graduated" to sweet white wines (around a 4), then I went to dryer whites (1s).
    This transition took a little over a year.
    Now that the whites are going down way too fast, I thought it was maybe time to pull out my "big girl" wine glass and go red

(is there a "once you go red..." saying?? )

Wine is one of my biggest downfalls to sticking with Primal, but I am a red drinker. Well, I do like Gerwerztraminer as well. I mean, wine is wine.
    Ha! It's one of mine too
    (could you tell?)

Have you tried cooking with red wine? I discovered beef burgundy last year, it is pretty much my favorite thing ever. But once I open a bottle to cook with it goes away pretty fast. Like, faster than FOUR days for sure
    I haven't cooked with it yet...I usually cook WHILE I'm drinking wine...I shall try this.
    Any beginner suggestions?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    12:30 – glass of Kombucha, can of tuna with lemon juice, hot coconut milk/coconut oil/chocolate drink with frozen raspberries
    5:30 – a bowl of spaghetti meat sauce with mushrooms and onions. Mint tea.
    8:00 - band snack - 4 grapes, 2 tiny squares of cheese, a pickle slice.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I avoided the crackers and sweet squares at band snack tonight.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25, 25
    L3 Pullup –reverse hold for 2 sec, lower for 4 (4 pull & 4 chin)
    L4 Squat – 25, 25
    L2 Plank – 30 sec, 30 sec – pitiful…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    11:30 – 8:00am

I felt awake this morning! Usually I’m dead tired in the morning…
    So I did some PBF.

I went to the local school to ask some questions about a possible home instruction position. I liked what I found out and I’ve decided to accept it. 5 hours a week for the rest of the semester, teaching a student grade 12 English and Math.

I figured out my Macbook/Adobe Premier/Passport capture problem. I was only able to capture about 15 minutes of video before the capture would end. After some internet searching and detective work I discovered that my Passport (external hard drive) was formatted with FAT32. (This limits the length of video that can be captured) So I reformatted my Passport to NTSC and my problem was solved!!

I edited a very rough copy of a 2.5 hour play my son did a few years ago that I’m finally getting around to transferring…bad mom…

I took the Butterflies for a car ride and then a walk in town today. Picking them both up to go into the library and the post office – THAT was an interesting experience Josie did an excellent job of staying easy when some little girls came up to pet Lily. (I don’t let anyone pet Josie)

I went to band practice tonight. I got there late and waited for them to finish a song before I walked in. The conductor smiled and said “You’re back!” The band started up again in September, but I just couldn’t find my “desire” to go. This was the first time I had my flute out of its case since the concert on June 6! I’ve “lost” the highest and lowest notes…

I hope this energy lasts...

Look at the time! It’s 10 pm. I’ve got to supply teach tomorrow.
    Time to turn off the computer, do my “puttering around” and try to get to bed in the next half hour…wish me luck!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    [/B]Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint[/B]
    PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25, 25
    L3 Pullup –reverse hold for 2 sec, lower for 4 (4 pull & 4 chin)
    L4 Squat – 25, 25
    L2 Plank – 30 sec, 30 sec – pitiful…
    Yay for you! Did it feel good?

I went to the local school to ask some questions about a possible home instruction position. I liked what I found out and I’ve decided to accept it. 5 hours a week for the rest of the semester, teaching a student grade 12 English and Math.
    This is very cool.

I hope this energy lasts...
    Me too, then can you send some over here!

wish me luck!
    G'luck! Hope you had a good night's rest, the exercise will no doubt help you sleep well.

jum6ohThie is offline Junior Member
    I realized that I place my whole self worth as a human on my job. And I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE THERE either! Although I know that is wrong and I'm trying to change it, its not that easy. Especially right now, as I was just told that I was the "unsuccessful candidate" for the perfect (in my eyes) teaching job. So now I'm facing a year of supply teaching. I'm hoping this challenge will shift my focus back to where it should be, on me as a whole person, not just what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Yay for you! Did it feel good?
    Surprisingly, yes.

This is very cool.
    The student is home for medical reasons. The student is strong academically. The grade 12 math scares me

G'luck! Hope you had a good night's rest, the exercise will no doubt help you sleep well.
    Thanks. I didn't get to bed until 11...but I slept very well.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

jum6ohThie (the spammer) is VERY annoying!

The same copy & paste! Really?

Go bother someone else!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    jum6ohThie (the spammer) is VERY annoying!

The same copy & paste! Really?

Go bother someone else!
    You tell 'em . Very bizarre, indeed.

I'd have something more to say, but am in a bit of a funk this week, so will just say hi, I'm still around and reading, just not into posting aside from my own babbling journal.