Page 193 of 412 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 193

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Food
    L: Squash soup with a sausage cut up in it
    Wine and grapes (and a pickled egg)
    D: Perch (coated with ground almonds and pan fried in butter) roasted potatoes, carrots and onions
    Chocolate/coconut oil cup

No CHRONoMeter

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Umm…not avoided…we stopped at a evil farm…
    However, I was able to make and eat supper…the same can’t be said for my Farmer…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25
    L3 Pullup – 2 pull & 2 chin (my pull-ups are weaker than my chin-ups)
    L4 Squat – 25

I helped my Farmer move some scaffolding sections.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Sleep: midnight to 10am
    Sun: nope
    Play: too much play
    Brain Usage: obviously not enough…

After we moved the scaffolding, we stopped at a neighbour/friend’s barn to drop off something for him. He was drinking and cleaning his workshop. He offered, we accepted. Then another neighbour stopped by, and then a few more, and…

I finally told my Farmer it was time to go. We started supper and while waiting for it I posted here. My Farmer didn’t make it to supper. I ate alone. Then I tried to read, but it wasn’t happening, so I also went to bed, until my daughter called at 11 for a ride home. I was good by then.

I had a slight headache around 6am. I took Advil and drank water. Back to bed until 10. Feeling fine now.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    The trouble with drinking, as I see it, is that it always seems like such a good idea to have another, until later when you realise, no it wasnt.

yup

"Drunk decisions are NEVER good decisions"
    (something winencandy said to her friends late one summer evening...)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Saturday...
    I drank wine and ate take-out thin crust pizza, and I enjoyed every bite...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    B: 2 eggs and bacon
    L: salad
    D: pulled pork, cauliflower, squash

No wine

avoided

I helped my Farmer rake and pick up 4 wheelbarrows of walnuts

Midnight to 9 am, Vit D, no real play or brain usage…although we are trying to figure out how/if College Son will be coming home for Thanksgiving…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    yup

"Drunk decisions are NEVER good decisions"
    (something winencandy said to her friends late one summer evening...)
    HEEHEEHEEHEE Well said.

You have a walnut tree? I'm jealous. Would be slightly more so if it were a pecan tree, but walnuts are pretty awesome too. Do you store them for eating in the coming months?

As for College son, does the train go by there, or can he take the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    You have a walnut tree? I'm jealous. Would be slightly more so if it were a pecan tree, but walnuts are pretty awesome too. Do you store them for eating in the coming months?
    Sometimes we do, sometimes the chipmunks do
    This time we saved a laundry basket full of the largest ones.
    We pitched 4 wheelbarrows of them in the field. That only counts the ones inside the small penned in yard (1/2 of the tree).

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    As for College son, does the train go by there, or can he take the bus?
    College Son’s travel plans. It was starting to sound like “Planes Trains and Automobiles” : 2 hr bus ride to Ottawa, 2 hour wait, 4.5 hr train ride to Toronto, 3 hour wait, 2 hour train ride to London, then 1 hour car ride.

As of right now he’s getting a ride with a classmate to Barrie (3 hours away from here) and either we’ll pick him up or he’ll wait for a ride Saturday at noon with my BIL…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    B: protein shake (with a banana)
    D: spicy squash soup, left over pulled pork

Mineral water & lime juice

No wine

nope

Midnight to 8:30, Vit D.
    No play. Although I SHOULD have gone to band practice tonight…I just can’t seem to find the enthusiasm/energy/desire to go.
    (I HAVE been going for 20 years)

Used my brain to figure out College Son’s travel plans.

I spent the day traveling to 6 schools, delivering my business cards. I have to work tomorrow. I'd better get to bed...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    L: 3 egg muffins, spicy squash soup, an apple, shredded unsweetened coconut, a few dark chocolate chips
    D: pork chop, stir fry veggies

Virgin NorCals

10 pm: Raw cauliflower with a little French Onion Heluva Good Dip

No wine!
    But I had about 2 tsp of dip…not really “on plan”

nope

11pm to 6am. I had a teaching job today (and I have one again tomorrow). When I got home (about 3) the sun was shining so I sat on the deck, drinking a Virgin NorCal and reading WoT. I had a few more VNC (virgin NorCal) while making supper. No real play or brain usage (it was an easy day with good students) but on my drive home I thought about maybe working on some of my curriculum material, organizing it, maybe making it into a website...(remember last year, about this time I was going to learn webdesign..............)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sounds like a decent day. You're getting more work already this semester than you did last winter/spring...nice