Page 19 of 415 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 19

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I have vertigo.

I can't stand without swaying. If I move quickly everything swirls.

So I'm sitting at the computer
    are you drunk?

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    are you drunk?
    O_O

lol

thanks for the training tips for Leo and starr... yes leo jumps up on people cause he is excited... classic "I think you could possibly be bringing me food so I'll jump up to make it easier for you to give it to me". It drives my partner insane and makes him cross.. I dont think I'll be trying your training tips with him around as he is just a grumpy pants when it comes to the dogs

I used camenbert to teach Leo how to shake hands. It took a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. Actually it was quite quick once I introduced the camenbert now that I think about it... but it is very hard to train either of them when the other is in the room I have found. No way will Starr shake hands, too much of a lady....

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    RHPS is on Fox Movie Channel. It's gotten to the point where it really drags...
    I have the DVD.

Last night I put it on my iPhone.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

are you drunk?
    LOL!

I wish

No. This is the second vertigo episode that I've experienced in the past few months...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Haha, I'm glad you mentioned that! I'll definitely start w/ a half deck.
    Did you try the Deck of Cards yet?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

thanks for the training tips for Leo and starr... yes leo jumps up on people cause he is excited... classic "I think you could possibly be bringing me food so I'll jump up to make it easier for you to give it to me". It drives my partner insane and makes him cross.. I dont think I'll be trying your training tips with him around as he is just a grumpy pants when it comes to the dogs

I used camenbert to teach Leo how to shake hands. It took a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. Actually it was quite quick once I introduced the camenbert now that I think about it... but it is very hard to train either of them when the other is in the room I have found. No way will Starr shake hands, too much of a lady....
    Does she require a curtsy? I love dogs with personalities

Keep the training light and fun. Positive reinforcements. (If Leo jumps up on you "Oops, that's jumping up, I want/need/asked you to put your paws on the ground" The second he does REWARD him)
    Practice by yourself until your are confident and DON'T give Leo a chance to fail until he "gets it".

Other options you could teach him could include him finding a toy when someone comes (giving him a job), having him sit (but sitting is SO HARD when you are excited) or having your guests kneel down to his height (this is probably the hardest to do consistently because you are relying on different people all the time) but I think the best option is one that gives him a job that is always the same, no matter where he is. (Paws on the Ground)

As far as two in the room, my trainer taught my girls to "Mind your own Business"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    DO IT!

(I was Magenta, too.)
    I wonder how many here have been Magenta???
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    L – leftover Hawaiian meatballs, avocado & mushrooms, a few pieces of Brie, a small can of Coconut water, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball.
    S – 2 oz almonds, Butter Ball
    D – More leftover Hawaiian Meatballs, Caesar salad.
    S – Goat Cheese stuffed Dates - YUM!!

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Non-primal meatballs -BUT I packed my lunch instead of buying school food.
    No candy, no chocolate, no wine!!! - No time

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Nope – wasn’t home long enough today.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 10:30 because I had a supply teaching job, so I needed to get up early. Of course, I couldn’t fall asleep. I watched the clock until 2 am before I finally fell asleep! And my alarm went off at 6:15. I left the house at 7. I think I took my Vit D...

The supply job was easy. There was a student teacher there and he did everything!
    I started at 8:20, lunch was from 11 – 1pm then I had a class till 2:20 And I only lost one student!

I flew (drove really fast) back to meet my daughter at Physio (my son delivered her – what ever did I do before I had sons who could drive?) After Physio we came home, warmed up leftovers, quickly ate (I was home for an hour) and then left for a 1 hour drive to the funeral home for my husband’s aunt’s visitation.

I got home about a hour ago, changed into my sweats, ate the dates (awesome) and hopped on the computer.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Does she require a curtsy? I love dogs with personalities

Keep the training light and fun. Positive reinforcements. (If Leo jumps up on you "Oops, that's jumping up, I want/need/asked you to put your paws on the ground" The second he does REWARD him)
    Practice by yourself until your are confident and DON'T give Leo a chance to fail until he "gets it".

Other options you could teach him could include him finding a toy when someone comes (giving him a job), having him sit (but sitting is SO HARD when you are excited) or having your guests kneel down to his height (this is probably the hardest to do consistently because you are relying on different people all the time) but I think the best option is one that gives him a job that is always the same, no matter where he is. (Paws on the Ground)

As far as two in the room, my trainer taught my girls to "Mind your own Business"
    haha, yes sitting is very hard for leo when excited, he wiggles with his whole body and just cant quite get his ass on the ground. It never ceases to make me smile!

If i ask him to find his ball he will bark, which will drive my partner bonkers... its a tricky delicate balancing act living with a non dog lover... I know that the bark means "ok ok, yep, exciting... off to get it now" but my partner just hears an annoying bark...