Page 188 of 412 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 188

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quotes

Good things happen to those who hustle. ~~ Anais Nin"

"Dreams are necessary to life." ~~ Anais Nin

"While Whole 30 is a nice challenge to see how eliminating certain foods makes you feel, I think, if one isn't careful, it could turn obsessive. We are no longer 'dieting'. This is a new way of eating. A new way of life. One that you are not supposed to obsess over every morsel that goes in your mouth. I think you did the best you could, BUT more importantly, you didn't let your 'diet' affect your life." winencandy

“i am no longer calling them 'cheats'. i am going to refer to it as Off Plan Eating.” Batty

“Think of fructose like a drunk aunt at a family reunion: She seems nice enough, but wreaks havoc wherever she goes.” Rob Wolf

"so, we have all programmed our bodies to switch from carbs to fat as fuel by bombarding ourselves with fat. now, our bodies are running happily with fat as fuel, and we are now still bombarding ourselves with its preferred fuel source. with the bombardment of dietary fat, you're not giving your body the ability to tap into its reserves. right?" Batty

“ +1 on the no gummie bears, fries or ice cream! We just need to keep these "treats" for once in a while, not several times a week, I think. But I agree, it is summer, and some days you gotta do what you gotta do.” Greensprout

"Why snack? If you're not hungry enough to eat a meal, don't bother." Diana Renata

“It’s rather stupid to whine about not loosing weight and then to 'comfort' yourself with calories.” winencandy

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better then despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” Jack Layton

“I'd say have it tonight, but if you don't feel like it, then what's really the difference between today or tomorrow? Friday is too late...” Greensprout, when I was wondering what to do with 1/3 bottle of wine.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

My May 17th one year progress report:

May 17, 2010 = 155lbs
    May 17, 2011 = 141lbs!!!
    14 lbs lost!!!

Measurements (I'm only gonna give you the inches lost, not the actual measurements )
    Bust - 2"
    Ribcage - 2"
    Waist - 5.5"
    Stomach - 3.5"
    Hips - 2"
    Right Thigh - 1.25" (I'm assuming I lost the same on the other thigh )
    Right Arm - 1"

AND, after spending a summer filled with wine, alcohol, gummy worms, ice cream, no exercise...I'm the SAME!
    I didn't gain it all back!!!!!

I know that I can maintain with 80/20 Primal (you could even argue that I can maintain on 70/30)
    And I think I know what I need to do to loose...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Wow, 8 posts on my "Year in Review"!
    Sorry it was SO long!!

One thing that stood out:
    I really did drink A LOT of wine this year...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I was hungry.
    I had a baked tomato with basil & Parmesan cheese.
    I'm still hungry.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    makes for interesting reading your year in review! Yes what did happen to Tawfunguy....

30donn was an interesting period for you, and when you were restricting calories as well... or was that one in the same

Glad you found hyperboleandahalf, love that site...

There have only really been gummy bears when you've been at the booth, only a couple of times I can recall when you've had them at home... so thats a plus.

You've lost weight. YAY... thats a lot - thats 6kgs!!! Bikini shot or it didnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    makes for interesting reading your year in review! Yes what did happen to Tawfunguy....
    I don't know what happened to him...

30donn was an interesting period for you, and when you were restricting calories as well... or was that one in the same
    Nope.
    Two different occasions.
    I wasn't crazy enough to try them both at once!!

Glad you found hyperboleandahalf, love that site...

There have only really been gummy bears when you've been at the booth, only a couple of times I can recall when you've had them at home... so thats a plus.

You've lost weight. YAY... thats a lot - thats 6kgs!!! Bikini shot or it didnt happen
    Yes, yes, yes and NO!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Chicken :P

yes, but I'm a free range chicken
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I'm going to resurrect my old headings:

Food
    Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

I'm also going to (roughly) follow these goals:
    Desired Goals
    Total calories = 1345
    Desired protein: 70g
    Desired carbs: 75g
    Desired fat grams: 85g

For now...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

PrimalCon New York
    Food
    B: Protein shake,
    L: McD's grilled chicken breast (no bun), shredded unsweetened coconut, bittersweet chocolate,
    D: 1/4 glass of wine (the last of the bottle) then sparkling water with lime,
    Tandoori chicken, cauliflower, tomato/mozaralla/basil/balsamic vinegar salad
    chocolate/coconut oil/protein powder/shredded coconut squares

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I should have packed a lunch, then I could have avoided McD's. I choose the best I could at McDs, I was in a hurry, no time for a salad.
    I probably didn't need to nibble on the shredded coconut and the bittersweet chocolate while driving - mindless eating and all that...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Umm, nope, my headache has gone, but I woke up with my throat on fire Then that changed into a lovely episode of hayfever...
    Oh, wait, I did do one reverse pullup hold for 6 sec and then lowered myself for 6 sec.

Did I mention that I'm supposed to run a 5 K on Oct 2?

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 12:30, awake at 6:45 to drive Daughter to band practice, back in bed until 9:30.
    I stopped at the new farm and took a few photos of the bin foundation:
    Preparing for the cement:

Drove to 3 towns/cities and dropped off my business cards at the high schools, stopped at the bulk store and bought arrowroot flour, some AWESOME unsweetened coconut, bittersweet chocolate and coconut oil. On the way home I checked on the foundation "job site". They'd just finished pouring the concrete for the bin and were just starting to pour the silo floor.
    More Photos:
    The cement truck:

Balancing act:

Leveling:

stupid 6 image limit...

This hayfever is kicking my ass...

(Rough) Desired Goals
    Total calories = 1345
    Desired protein: 70g
    Desired carbs: 75g
    Desired fat grams: 85g

I didn't track today...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy