Page 187 of 415 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 187

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am looking forward to the year in review. Not much candy, plenty of wine!!!

And yeah I hear you on thinking we should know better when out with friends drinking... it just never gets any better....

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yeah, there was plenty of wine...

And the knowing better...I'm 47...if I don't know better, how can I expect my children to????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I woke up this morning with a horrible headache
    I took 2 Advil and crawled back into bed.
    I woke up again at 11 and took 2 more.
    Bento lunch:

chicken, dill pickle, watermelon, and a date/almond roll (it tasted freezer burnt and I only ate one bite of it)
    CHRONoMeter #s
    Calories: 254
    Protein: 34 g
    Carbs: 20 g
    Fat: 4g
    The afternoon was spent holding down the couch.
    I FINALLY read the rest of my journal!
    More Advil.
    A glass of my favorite wine.
    Supper: "meat pie" with left over chicken, carrots, corn, onions, a potato, a little gravy and a cauliflower crust. and a 1/2 tomato. and watermelon.
    I did not "count" it.
    I was supposed to go to the first band practice tonight, but I begged off because of my headache - that STILL hasn't gone away...
    Last edited by winencandy; 09-19-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: CHRONoMeter #s
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I just got this email:

Put this on all your lists, ask all your friends, acquaintances, relatives, Facebook, Twitter, My Space, etc., pages Lucy is SOOOO close to her new life with Sam but for one small detail in Sturgis North Dakota. Please let's don't fail her!

We have a sweet little Doxie named Lucy who is waiting to be transported from the west coast (Oregon) to the east coast (North Carolina). So far we have all legs filled EXCEPT for the night of the 27 of September. She needs an overnight with a kind person in or around Sturgis South Dakota who will deliver her to the Pilots for Paws pilot on the 28 to continue her journey. Facebook is a very big place with thousands and thousands of humans who love dogs. Surely there is someone who could open their heart to this little dog for one night. PLEASE SHARE and contact me if you can. forloveofdogs@gmail.com or 312 259 5305. Just one night away from her forever home!!!!

But for a nail the shoe was lost
    But for the shoe a horse was lost
    But for the horse the kingdom was lost

We JUST need that damn nail!!

PK

PK Shader CSATSLL1,ABMA, ABS, AWA, CSATS Mentor, Canine SATZ Master
    For Love of Dogs Canine/Human Relations Learning Center LLC
    26212 Washington Ave, Waterford, WI 53185
    Cell 312-259-5305 Office 262-534-2004
    Currently and for the last 46 years teaching humans to have EXcellent relationships with their best friends.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

This is going to be in several posts...

Notes on reading through my journal:
    I drank a lot of wine, I ate a lot of chocolate

Realizations
    I’ve realized that my wine ‘window’ is from 4-7. Before 4 is ‘too early’ and after supper, I usually just don’t feel like it…The worst time for me for wanting wine is while preparing supper.

I find that if I don't exercise early, I don’t exercise...Too bad I'm not a morning person...

I think I’ve got a pretty good idea of how to maintain on Primal

And my sleep is not where (or when) it should be. BUT setting an absolute bedtime does NOT work for me. Instead, maybe I should concentrate on waking up earlier, and doing more during the day so I will naturally want to go to bed earlier. Forcing myself does NOT work.

Thinking: “I could have one if I wanted to, but I don’t want one right now.” For me, that is easier to "deal" with than "I can't have that" (If I can have it, I have no urgent need for it…)

I would have had NO problem spending $4 on a Chai Latte, but I debated spending $4 for organic strawberries???

Mouth Hunger: "I'm NOT hungry for eggs, I'm hungry for hearts!" (winencandy stamps her foot for emphasis!) /TANTRUM "I guess that means I'm NOT REALLY hungry! Right?"

No longer letting myself think that I'm a "failure" because I don't have a full time teaching job. That line of thought took me to a place that I WON'T go back to!

FitDay/CHRONoMeter IS a BitchSlap

Tracking makes me "behave" I think the most powerful part about tracking is knowing that you have to enter what you eat. And you can't kid yourself about how much you ate when it tells you how many calories/fat/carbs/protein you ate.

When I have my Protein shake at 10, I’m really hungry all day…it's a "I can’t get enough", starving hunger…So today I decided to NOT have a morning shake and to wait until I was REALLY hungry before I ate anything. I was good until 2…

Summer = wine, wasted days, camping, no exercise, wine, ice cream, gummy worms, wine…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Foods I Discovered:
    Coconut – oil, milk, cream, creamed
    Mascarpone cheese, frozen blueberries, and a tiny bit of amber maple syrup.
    Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls
    A fried banana with Creme Fraiche, cinnamon and amber maple syrup
    Squash/coconut milk soup
    Goat Cheese stuffed Dates
    BAS
    Salad: hard boiled eggs, bacon, avocado, tomato, garlic, lime juice, olive oil
    A ham ‘pizza’ - a fried slice of ham topped with pizza sauce, cheese, pineapple, onions and mushrooms, then broiled.
    TAWFUNGUY’s bacon wrapped chicken legs and his bacon wrapped meatloaf (What ever happened to him??)
    Butter Chicken in a Silky Sauce (from the PB Reader Created Cookbook).
    Diana’s Jerkified Mookies.
    Diana’s cocoa: Made some cocoa (coconut milk, vanilla, cocoa powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.)
    Kiwi with coconut cream (that I mixed with cocoa and vanilla) and slivered almonds. Yum!
    Coconut hearts
    Kombucha - in a wine glass it could ALMOST pass as an alternative to a glass of wine while making supper…Almost. It has the right “mouth feel”.
    Perrier sparkling water
    Lindt sea salt dark chocolate This chocolate is much too good. It is the devil’s own creation. I should not buy it again, but I probably will.
    Macadamia nuts http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread25127.html
    2 parts coconut oil, 1 part semi sweet chocolate chips, melted and poured into my silicone heart tray…OMG!!!!!!!
    Coconut oil/coconut cream/chocolate/shredded coconut bars
    Protein shake with frozen mango, pineapple juice, coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla
    Bento lunches
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Move/Lift/Sprint
    PBF Levels:
    L3 Pushp – 25, 25
    L2 Pullup – 5, 5
    L4 Squat – 25, 25
    L2 Overhead Press – 10
    L2 Plank – 90 seconds

I RAN a 5K race (April 10) with a time of 39:01!!!!!!

Shovelglove – 8 lb, 14 minutes
    Deck of Cards
    Pull-up Challenge – reverse Pullup – hold for 6, lower for 6
    5 Tibetan Rites

I also shoveled snow, and cut the grass
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Challenges:
    No wine/chocolate during the week - but emergency dark chocolate is OK
    Giving up cheese/dairy - very hard...always on my mind...The idea of giving up dairy scared me more than grains ever did.
    30 DONN - The "thing" I got the most out of it was an "awareness" of what I'm eating.
    No shampoo since mid Oct
    Overcoming my (job related) depression
    Drove through Toronto for the 1st time ever!
    Calorie Counting : I started “Counting Calories” on March 1st. I stomped my foot and whined and pouted, but I started. Using these goals:
    Desired Goals
    Total calories = 1345
    Desired protein: 70g
    Desired carbs: 75g
    Desired fat grams: 85g
    It didn't last very long, BUT I'm still mindful of my portion sizes and my protein amount but I'm not actively weighing and recording every bite. I may randomly weigh/track just to make sure I'm staying "on-track".

Played with the protein breakfast thing…I’m just not a morning eater

Develop a “bikini attitude” (still working on this challenge)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Mistakes
    Coconut oil as a hair conditioner
    Baking Soda and rinsing with ACV = straw hair
    Making bedtime deadlines backfires – I can’t fall asleep
    Deep fried wonton wrappers give me gas. Horrible gas. Horrible.
    Eating Gummy Worms makes me feel sick. Damn Gummy Worms!!
    Booth ice cream & gummie worms
    I’m not sure I like coconut cream in my Chai…
    I really don’t like coconut oil in my Chai
    I basically stopped doing ANY exercises after my race
    30 DONN: because I HATED the panicky feeling when I was presented with a food that did not meet the “rules”. I HATED the “guilty” “cheating” feeling when I ate something with a “forbidden” food in it.
    Why do I feel the need to eat junk while at the movie theatre??
    I never did like being told that I HAD to do something - not even by myself...lesson learned, no more "have to" monthly goals...

Good Decisions
    Switched from large wine goblet (10oz) to small wine glass (5oz)
    Changing my headings to:
    Food
    Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

30 DONN: Yes, because it made me more aware of what I was eating. I proved to myself that I can say NO – even to wine or dark chocolate.
    Never doing 30 DONN again: it was NOT a “healthy” attitude/way of eating for me.
    Protein just seems to fill me up faster than fat or carbs...
    I started “Counting Calories” on March 1st…I stomped my foot and whined and pouted
    I increased my protein.
    I “let go” of the grief/guilt over my job loss.
    I put more emphasis into exercise and running.
    I think my main focus will be on meeting my protein grams and keeping my carbs under 100.
    I'm still mindful of my portion sizes and my protein amount but I'm not actively weighing and recording every bite. I may randomly weigh/track just to make sure I'm staying "on-track".
    I wore a bikini for the first time in about 20 years…

Doing this: Post # 1238 - Back to Basics
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Discoveries
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com
    http://www.naturallycurly.com
    Jamaica loincloth guy post 764
    “Wicked Wicked Bumper”
    Post #912 – job knowledge
    Repost: The Carrot Train to Crazytown | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    Hayfever & arm rash improved
    alcohol is not my “stall” (30 DONN proved it)
    Read the Reality Check thread
    Aug 15 enjoyed my 1st NorCal Margarita
    Finally found out how to find my journal without searching back through pages….

Books
    “The Primal Blueprint” Mark Sisson
    “Why We Get Fat” Gary Taubes
    “Paleo Solution” by Rob Wolf
    “Curly Girl” by Lorraine Massey.
    “8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back” by Esther Gokhale
    “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz (well, I already had it, I “rediscovered” it.)

I was reading the Wheel of Time series – I’m still reading it
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy