Page 173 of 415 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4148

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 173

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, yeah, food - I ate half of a left over chicken breast on the way to the hospital.
    We stopped at the booth after, my parents have a set of crutches (the same ones my daughter used after her ACL surgery.
    I had a burger patty (no bun), a few gummie worms and a small cup of ice cream...
    Two glasses of wine with my Farmer.
    BBQ pork chop, roasted kohlrabi/carrots/broccoli, one ear of sweet corn, a cucumber/tomato/basil/balsamic vinegar salad, and a peach.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Today I had to take College Son to the ER.
    Last night, while at his friend's barn, he jumped down from about a 10' height and landed "wrong". (He's jumped this before)
    Of course, today he couldn't walk on it.
    It's sprained.
    He's on crutches and icing it.
    He has to do a 10K bike ride followed by a 4K run on Aug 22. Part of the entrance requirement to his course.

Teenage boys...
    Yeah, remember last spring break when my son #1 did something similar?? And coincidentally, this morning another parent called, apparently several of the boys were at her place the other evening and some (son #1 adamantly denies he did...I think I believe him...) of the boys were jumping out of the sister's upstairs bedroom window into the pool below...What is it with these dingbats

Hope he heals quickly.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I am impressed that you are running again. Well done. Yeah, why are teenage boys dingbats? what's that about. I'm not surprised you had gummy worms after having to take him to the ER. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Yeah, remember last spring break when my son #1 did something similar?? And coincidentally, this morning another parent called, apparently several of the boys were at her place the other evening and some (son #1 adamantly denies he did...I think I believe him...) of the boys were jumping out of the sister's upstairs bedroom window into the pool below...What is it with these dingbats

Hope he heals quickly.
    Thanks.

Umm, I can remember jumping off a garage roof into an in-ground pool, in the dark, when I was a teenager...more than once...

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I am impressed that you are running again. Well done. Yeah, why are teenage boys dingbats? what's that about. I'm not surprised you had gummy worms after having to take him to the ER. Jeez.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sunday
    umm, the summer days are blending into each other, it's hard to remember what I did...
    nothing...that's what I did...no, wait, I think I sorted socks
    I think lunch was a BAS
    Wine with my Farmer.
    Supper was crock pot roast beef, carrots, corn on the cob, tomato/cucumber salad, and a small slice of thimbleberry pie (I didn't eat the crust)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Today,

Called the college and let them know College Son sprained his ankle, but we were coming anyway.
    They said thanks for the heads up, no Dr note needed.
    I bought him a wrap for his ankle.
    I tried to pick blueberries, but the mosquitoes were too bad, so I quit after only picking $2.30 worth.

Protein shake (with blueberries and yorgurt)
    Left over beef, rice, one cob of corn, sliced red peppers, bowl of fresh thimbleberries & ice cream.

I finally tried Rob Wolf's NorCal Margaritia, well, I had 2

I made a "new" version of the coconut oil/chocolate hearts.
    I added unsweetened dried coconut.
    iLike
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a stressful week you have had! I hope everyone heals quickly and well. I'm so impressed that you were able to eat primally through all that, and get out running as well! Moms carry the whole family, don't we?

Yeah, I guess it was kinda stressful...at the time, you don't think about it, you just do what you have to do.

No wonder I feel like I haven't accomplished anything at home (laundry/cleaning/etc)

Does drinking wine and eating ice cream (almost every day) count as staying primal???
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Does drinking wine and eating ice cream (almost every day) count as staying primal???
    If it's what comes naturally.....?

Yes!

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I vote yes!