Page 170 of 415 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 170

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    that booth would be the death of me! I would have absolutely no will power whatsoever!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I would have no trouble at all ignoring all of that. If they had rum'n'raisin though, I'd be in serious trouble.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    that booth would be the death of me! I would have absolutely no will power whatsoever!
    I know! I'm SO glad that I don't work there everyday! I'd gain back my 14lbs in NO time

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I would have no trouble at all ignoring all of that. If they had rum'n'raisin though, I'd be in serious trouble.
    There's just SO much! Besides the ice cream, (with a waffle cone option) there are about a dozen different 5 cent gummy candies, licorice, gum, chocolate bars, chips, the fresh cut fries (they have a fry cutter - the potatoes are cut and then fried - no frozen fries for my dad ) gravy, poutine, hand made burger patties, toasted fresh bakery buns, perch (with a light dusting of pancake mix before they are deep fried) onion rings, hot dogs, sausages, homemade coleslaw, 10 different sodas, milkshakes, sundaes...ummm, I think that's everything

All of this open and available to me.

When we make a batch of fries, of course you have to try one, to make sure they are cooked (my parents are fussy about the fries) and of course you make a few more than you think, because it's better to have a few left over than not have enough for the order. (It is VERY easy to eat a couple of left over fries - much easier than eating a whole order - did you know a small order of fries is MORE than one large potato?)

Of course there are usually a few left over onion rings too...

again, I'm SO glad that I'm NOT there everyday!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Today I helped my Farmer paint again. Maybe two more days of painting...

It was HOT! The sweat was running down my face and back I took off my tank top and painted in an old bikini top.

We left home at 8 and got back at 4. I had 3 hard boiled eggs and 3 thin slices of peameal bacon for lunch.

I felt sick on the way home. My Farmer thinks I didn't drink enough water. This is possible.

I had a shower when I got home and drank water. I gradually felt better.

I had a glass and a half of wine while making supper. Spaghetti (no noodles for me) I cooked up some carrots, kohlrabi, onions and garlic to eat with my meat sauce. An ice cream on a stick and a Chai after supper.

I'm tired, I don't think I'll be up very late tonight...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

oh wow, those fresh cut handmade fries sound the bomb. I would sooooooo be eating them! If they cooked them in olive oil I dont think they would be thattttt bad surely and just you talking about all those lollies is making me salivate. Its very difficult giving up sugar.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Yes, I'd find working at a stand like that pretty much of a challenge too! You're doing well to have only a bit here and there, along with the required fry sampling

I agree with your Farmer, a bit of dehydration sounds like the correct diagnosis. Gotta keep up with that in the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh wow, those fresh cut handmade fries sound the bomb. I would sooooooo be eating them! If they cooked them in olive oil I dont think they would be thattttt bad surely and just you talking about all those lollies is making me salivate. Its very difficult giving up sugar.
    Sugar is the DEVIL!
    And, sadly, no, they are not fried in olive oil...they use canola oil...

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Yes, I'd find working at a stand like that pretty much of a challenge too! You're doing well to have only a bit here and there, along with the required fry sampling

I agree with your Farmer, a bit of dehydration sounds like the correct diagnosis. Gotta keep up with that in the heat.
    It's a CONSTANT challenge. I will not eat ____, I do not want _____, I can wait 15 more minutes and then maybe I'll have a _____.

Yeah, today I drank more, and felt OK, but we stopped painting when it started to spit rain at 11 am.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Today...worked with my Farmer from 8-12. The rain came at 11 and we quit for the day.
    I had 3 hard boiled eggs and a slice of peameal bacon and an orange for lunch.
    We left home at 4. My Daughter had an away soccer game. First we stopped for supper.
    My Farmer pulled into KFC. I looked at the menu. Nothing on it looked like "food" to me. Everything was battered and deep fried. No grilled chicken, no salad...so I asked him to stop at Quizinos. I had a Mediterranean Chicken Salad. I asked for her for NO flatbread (twice) and for her to go "easy" on the olives - I'm only just starting to like them. Well, I got out to the truck and my salad was saturated with olives!! I easily picked out a half cup of them! And there was still more than I wanted in it! (I hate to think of how many there would have been if I'd NOT asked for fewer!

My Farmer had to change a large metal gate at a business and then we drove onto my Daughter's game (she had to be there at 6)

It was a good game, she played very well. She got hurt. A kick to the leg - which gave her a charlie horse, a kick to the stomach - which made her feel like throwing up, and someone tromped on her foot - she thought she'd lost a toe! They had one sub, so she was finally able to go off for about a 1/2 hour. Then one of the other girls hurt her ankle (scoring a goal) and needed off. So my Daughter stretched h out her leg and went back on. And kicked ass! I laughed when she walked by one of the other team members and her shoulder "accidentally" bumped into the other girls It was a rough game.

It also got COLD during the game! I wore shorts and a tank top. Luckily I'd brought a sarong (I like to lay it on my lawn chair to sit on and lean back against) and a thin warm-up jacket. I had the jacket zipped and the sarong wrapped around my legs!

We stopped for ice cream on the way home and when my Daughter tried to get out of the truck, her leg seized up enough to bring her to tears
    She stayed in the truck and I got her ice cream for her. I had a scoop of "Georgian Bay Strawberry Shortcake"

She's icing her thigh right now.

More painting tomorrow - I think we'll be done on Friday...
    Right now I gotta go to bed, it's 11:30 already!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

uck, I hate olives with a vengeance. perhaps she just misheard you and thought you wanted more!

It's very easy for me to stay off the computer in the summer...I guess that's a good thing, but it makes for missed posts and tons of reading when I DO go online...

Thursday
    Ummm, didn't have to paint today, so I slept in until 10
    cleaned, did laundry, ate idk, a piece of leftover pork chop and a protein shake for lunch, more cleaning, more laundry.
    Supper was 3 packages of pork ribs! The narrow strip pieces (idk what they are called) I cooked one package in the crockpot and two in the oven. Then the oven ones were finished on the BBQ. Tomatoes from my SIL's garden, potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic (all from our garden) with olive oil and rosemary wrapped in tin foil and cooked on the BBQ. I had one cob of fresh sweet corn from our garden. I had a couple glasses of rose.

Friday
    I painted. It was HOT. In Port Stanley. A beach town. So lunch was at GT's on the patio. A Smirnoff Ice followed by a Blueberry Crush (lemonade with Blueberry vodka & blue curacao) I also had a Chicken Caesar Salad (and one of my Farmer's fries - not as good as my parent's fries) Then we painted some more. Before we left Port, we stopped and bought two pounds of perch

Once home, it was Friday afternoon in the pool with more coolers. We decided to call some friends over to share the perch. Gin and pink lemonade, deep fried perch and homemade fries, tomato/garlic/balsamic salad, and fresh corn on the cob from our garden. Then me and one of my friends switched to mint tea! I know! Crazy! They didn't stay too late, about 9:30 - we are SO getting OLD...

Then I went into the house and watched Juno with my daughter. It was actually the first time I'd watched it. I cried at the end.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy