Page 166 of 415 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 166

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I thought I'd try the eating a protein breakfast 1st thing in the morning thing...umm, today I slept in until 10:20
    It was MY first thing in the morning I had 3 hard boiled eggs.

Then we went into London at 1:30, I made a protein shake 'cause I was feeling a bit hungry, but there wasn't any "easy" protein in the fridge...I shopped with my youngest two and I didn't stop at $tarbucks! I bought a cast iron grill. It is seasoning in my oven right now.

We got home in time for supper (that my Farmer made) I had spaghetti meat sauce and tomato and red pepper slices. Then a small bowl of blackcaps and ice cream. After supper, we went to my in-laws and then to my parents' booth, where I had a small scoop of Raspberry Truffle ice cream in a teacup (instead of a cone).

Tonight, I'm doing some Photoshop for University Son's videos, seasoning the cast iron grill, and trying to read some MDA journals.

We leave for camping tomorrow at 6pm. Back home Sunday sometime.
    So I will be grocery shopping and packing food and clothes into the trailer tomorrow.
    Maybe I'll try to get up early (like before 9 - stop laughing ) and go for a quick run before it gets hot...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I finally found my journal, buried only about 100 threads back

No run, I was up, but it just didn't happen. I may have to switch to evening runs. Of course that means I'd also have to give up the wine before the run...

Camping was AWESOME! There was about 20 people in our group. We call ourselves "Bad Campers" One evening, long ago, as a park ranger was walking by our fire, one of the guys in our group jumped out of his chair and dove under another while singing "Bad Campers, Bad Campers, whatcha gonna do when they come for you!"

Way too much alcohol was consumed! We bought about $100 worth of perch and pickerel for the fish fry on Friday night (deep fried with fresh cut fries). Saturday night we cooked a turkey. Sunday morning we had our own omelet bar (kiss the cook) We spent the days at the beach, a small beach where we could take our 6 dogs. They had a riot!

By Sunday I had to remove my rings, cause my fingers were swollen

They are back to normal now.

It is HOT here. Yesterday (and today) I'm walking around home in my bikini top and shorts (my poor kids )

Yesterday I didn't eat until suppertime...I thought about it around 1, but wasn't hungry, so I waited, at 3, still not hungry, so I waited again.
    BBQ peameal bacon, fresh green beans from the garden, Greek salad, a small bowl of french vanilla ice cream, mint tea.

Working with Army Wannabe Son on his college application requirements. (Letter of intent, resume, reference letters, 8 page health form...something else...oh yeah 1st semester's tuition payment) He's been accepted into one program, but he really wants another. He wont find out about the other until after a one day "camp" on August 22...

Going to see Harry Potter on Wednesday night and I'm only on the 3rd movie...

Oh yeah, I forgot, I "broke my fast" with a Palm Bay vodka cooler...but I only had one!
    Last edited by winencandy; 07-19-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot the alcohol
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    the camping sounds like fun... I cant believe I even said that I hate camping!

Yes there is a lot of alcohol happening now that you're in the summer... you really might have to do some of those runs if you dont want to lose your losses. Notice I'm not saying give up the booze

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your trip sounds awesome!!!

I think it's great that you're wearing your bikini top and shorts, I'm thinking I may have to be brave and buy a bikini this summer. I would ONLY wear the top with shorts (no-one wants to see my lower abdomen!) but I think it may look alright finally!

You'll love the movie, it is really well done. A little different to the book, but not in any major way and you kinda expect it, Book 7 was looooooong!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Woo, another rocking camping weekend .

We've got the same heat wave over here, and I'm loving it! Too bad I still have to work all day.

And I must confess, I've broken a fast in a very similar manner on numerous occasions...heehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    the camping sounds like fun... I cant believe I even said that I hate camping!

Yes there is a lot of alcohol happening now that you're in the summer... you really might have to do some of those runs if you dont want to lose your losses. Notice I'm not saying give up the booze
    heeheehee

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Your trip sounds awesome!!!

I think it's great that you're wearing your bikini top and shorts, I'm thinking I may have to be brave and buy a bikini this summer. I would ONLY wear the top with shorts (no-one wants to see my lower abdomen!) but I think it may look alright finally!

You'll love the movie, it is really well done. A little different to the book, but not in any major way and you kinda expect it, Book 7 was looooooong!
    We just got back from watching it.
    It was EXCELLENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Woo, another rocking camping weekend .

We've got the same heat wave over here, and I'm loving it! Too bad I still have to work all day.

And I must confess, I've broken a fast in a very similar manner on numerous occasions...heehee.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So, over the past few days I managed to watch all 7 Harry Potter movies before we left today at 4 to drive to the city for the last one.
    (This involved staying up until 1:30 last night and we finished at 2 pm this afternoon)
    It was great!
    (I cried)
    Of course I feel like I've done nothing but Harry Potter for the past 3 days

I had a small bowl of left over potato salad mid afternoon and then I had Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken salad for supper. I ate Real Fruit Gummies, almonds and Lindt Intense Cranberry Dark Chocolate (and popcorn) during the movie...why is it that I feel the need to eat junk while at the theatre??
    Oh, and a $tarbuck's Tazo Chai Latte after the movie...

I feel slightly sick, I think I ate too much junk...

It is supposed to be REALLY HOT tomorrow. 38 C.
    I have to take my daughter into the city tomorrow to see her surgeon at 1:30 (It's been almost a year since her ACL operation)
    Then bring her back home to work at 4.

I seem to be sucking at following the Primal Laws this summer...please don't revoke my PB card
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I seem to be sucking at following the Primal Laws this summer...please don't revoke my PB card
    Heeheehee . Don't worry, I think hanging around here for nearly a year and still keeping the PB ideals in mind has you in for good

Son #2 saw the new Harry Potter in 3D last night and said it was most excellent. To be honest, I went with them up to maybe the 4th or even 5th movie, but tended to fall asleep...bad mom. I haven't read the books either, but give due credit to the series for getting son #1 to be a reader for life.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I've forgotten how to make your chocolate-coconut oil hearts. I know it's 2 to 1 but I can't remember which is 2 and which is 1?

Please help?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Heeheehee . Don't worry, I think hanging around here for nearly a year and still keeping the PB ideals in mind has you in for good
    Good I gotta get back to ALL of them. Soon.

Son #2 saw the new Harry Potter in 3D last night and said it was most excellent. To be honest, I went with them up to maybe the 4th or even 5th movie, but tended to fall asleep...bad mom. I haven't read the books either, but give due credit to the series for getting son #1 to be a reader for life.
    I can't count the # of times I've read them (both aloud to my kids and to myself)
    I agree, the series has made life readers out of 2 of my 4 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I've forgotten how to make your chocolate-coconut oil hearts. I know it's 2 to 1 but I can't remember which is 2 and which is 1?

Please help?
    I'd forgotten about that!
    Without looking back, I'd say 2 coconut oil : 1 chocolate. The idea was to make the coconut oil edible
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy