Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 163

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Time for more Vegas Photos!

The Grand Canyon
    South Rim
    Mather Point

(my internet is s l o w tonight, just 2 photos right now)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Lets see...
    Wednesday...
    I took University Son and my Daughter into London for the afternoon. I had an appointment at the dealership for my Beetle - both of my running lights were out (warranty covered it) We did some shopping. I bought a 7'x7' inflatable pool (like the one at my friends) to set up in the backyard We also bought a Galaxy Tab for Army Wannabe Son (a tablet). Umm...what else did I buy? Oh yeah Snow Leopard for our macs. 'cause Lion is coming out in July and you have to have Snow Leopard to upgrade...I also bought an external DVD drive/burner for my Daughter's Netbook.

I had Mall food - Thai Express Yellow Curry (with bean sprouts instead of rice) and a Tall Starbucks Tazo Chai Latte...

Thursday...
    Army Wannabe Son went up to Tobermory with a friend to his cottage. My Daughter ad I went back into London because my Daughter's health card had expired. The lineup was surprisingly short. We ate at the market, then we went shopping. I got a cute little black sundress, she got some black yoga pants (for work) and we got a pair of black slouch suede (no heel) boots - on SALE (they were $80 and we got them for $20!) We wear the same size shoes. Another Tall Starbucks Tazo Chai Latte, only this one was iced. I liked it.

Once home, she packed some clothes. I dropped her at a friends house. There is a dance tonight and then tomorrow she is helping her friend volunteer at the Canada Day celebrations. I had some wine and when my Farmer got home, we went grocery shopping and then ate leftovers for supper (pork chops). I also had some dark chocolate...

After supper I worked with my Butterflies, teaching them to walk on my left and right side (naming the side and treating them)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I'm jealous of your weekend with the girls, but happy to hear you had a fantastic time. I don't have a close group of gals to do that kind of stuff with. Of course, the fact that I move provinces every few years has a part to play in that.

I'm pretty sure I have some of those same Grand Canyon photos. Amazing place. And all those freaky stupid fearless people who wander way out on the rocks close to the edge...gave me the shivers! One of the rather peculiar things I saw there were a couple of Buddist monks (or at least they were dressed like that) perching out on a ledge...the colours of their robes against the red rocks and the blue sky combined with the expressions on their faces as they photographed one another was pretty cool. Okay, I'm odd, but it struck me as amusing.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ooooh i love shopping and getting bargains. jealous!

No doubt I'll be taking plenty of GC photos soon !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm jealous of your weekend with the girls, but happy to hear you had a fantastic time. I don't have a close group of gals to do that kind of stuff with. Of course, the fact that I move provinces every few years has a part to play in that.
    You should try to find a few! I highly recommend it. They are awesome for the good times and absolutely essential for the bad times.

I've always lived within 10km of where I am right now. And I've lived in this house for almost 24 years. One of the girls is my sister, another one I met in highschool (she became my maid of honour), the 3rd I met over 20 years ago and the "newest" member I met 14 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have some of those same Grand Canyon photos. Amazing place. And all those freaky stupid fearless people who wander way out on the rocks close to the edge...gave me the shivers! One of the rather peculiar things I saw there were a couple of Buddist monks (or at least they were dressed like that) perching out on a ledge...the colours of their robes against the red rocks and the blue sky combined with the expressions on their faces as they photographed one another was pretty cool. Okay, I'm odd, but it struck me as amusing.
    A couple of people might have the same photos
    I know! There were a few idiots when I was there too!

The monks would have been neat to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    ooooh i love shopping and getting bargains. jealous!

No doubt I'll be taking plenty of GC photos soon !!!!
    Nothing better than a bargain!
    I don't doubt that you will take tons of GC photos. It is SO immense, I couldn't stop taking photos! I think I took over 300 of the GC!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Happy Canada Day!

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

happy holidays!!!

Well, July and the summer season has officially started
    Lord help me, I will NOT be able to have a moderate/Primal stance on alcohol...
    Friday
    We were invited to a BBQ and Fireworks for Canada Day.
    I had a burger with no bun, and salads (not the pasta salad)
    BUT I drank. I had a Palm Bay cooler and a glass of wine before I went to the party.
    I drank a bottle of wine at the party and then I had a Palm Bay and then I had about 4 Blue Caracau with Mango juice shooters. OMG! They were awesome!
    We had a huge bonfire and we watched the town's fireworks from my friend's backyard.
    We decided that we shouldn't drive home and we crashed at my friend's place.

Saturday
    We got up around 9 and left my friends about 9:30-10 am. I stayed awake until 10:30 and then I climbed into bed until 2pm!!!
    My friend's house is an evil house!!!!
    We didn't accomplish very much on Saturday. Watched a LOT of movies
    Red Riding Hood
    Beastly
    Chasing Liberty
    These first three we watched with our daughter.
    Then I watched:
    Personal Best
    The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
    Hedwig and the Angry Inch
    I went to bed at 4am...

Sunday
    Up around 11
    We pulled the trailer out of the barn and I packed some things into it.
    I had a cooler, and then about 3/4 of a bottle of wine.
    We sat in our 7'x7' inflatable pool. Josie came in with us
    BBQ Ham and burgers with roasted veggies for supper
    I have a buzz...

Help me...This is a typical summer for me and I will NOT loose anything with another summer like this!!!!

Oops! I almost forgot! The other day I wore a pair of jean capris that I COULD NOT pull on last summer!!!!!!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 07-03-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Well, July and the summer season has officially started
    Lord help me, I will NOT be able to have a moderate/Primal stance on alcohol...
    Hmmm, not sure I'm the one to provide any advice here

Help me...This is a typical summer for me and I will NOT loose anything with another summer like this!!!!
    But it does sound like your weekend was fantastic

Oops! I almost forgot! The other day I wore a pair of jean capris that I COULD NOT pull on last summer!!!!!!!
    Hooray

well good news on wearing the capris from last year! Lets hope you can put them on by the end of this summer!

and I thought I was a booze hag!!! heck, I'm a learner in comparison to you!