Page 162 of 415 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 162

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hope you have a terrific time, your annual getaway sounds great! I like the idea of having a personal cabana boy too!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ha, sounds like a lot of fun. have a great time!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks girls
    It was great!

Weekend Update

Ummm….AWESOME WEEKEND!!!!

Lets see...I ended up making an appearance at the shower...and after about a hour of playing “shower games” I got my Farmer to take me to my friend’s place.

Where we sat outside and drank some wine before our “Evening of Indulgence” provided by “Carlos” (the weekend nickname we gave my friend’s husband). Before dinner we went upstairs and “dressed” for dinner. The dining room table was set beautifully, we had printed menus on out plates, and candles lit.
    Here’s the menu:

Appetizers
    Fresh Smoked Trout w/ herbed cream cheese
    (caught and smoked by Carlos)
    Oven Baked Artisan Bread w/ Homemade Honey Butter (I didn’t have any)

Salad
    Fresh Greens w/ Homemade Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing

Mains
    Tomatoes and Mozzarella w/ Fresh Basil Drizzled in Balsamic Vinegar
    Seasoned Roasted Barbequed Vegetables w/ Crumbled Feta Cheese
    (asparagus, zucchini, red peppers and something else…)
    Marinated Barbecued Bacon Wrapped Sirloin Steak w/ Lobster Tail and Garlic Butter (I didn’t have the Lobster – damn allergies)

The meal was awesome!!!
    We were so full we decided to have dessert later. We went back outside and had a few more wines. For some strange reason, my wine glass “fell” out of my hand and soaked the front of my dress. So I went upstairs, rinsed it out, changed, came back down and hung it on the line.

Then I made a drink in my really cool Vegas cup and the other girls needed to try it. They loved it so I went back in and made a pitcher full. It was a “made up” drink: Malibu Rum, Triple Sec, melon liqueur, pineapple juice and what I thought was orange juice but it was actually Five Alive (I didn't measure anything - just poured it ). We sat around the campfire, a coupe of friends arrived – one of them is fighting breast cancer right now, but she has an amazingly positive attitude. I agreed to join her “Run for the Cure” race team. A 5K in October. (Now I have to train again)

Anyway, because of popular demand, I proceeded to make two more pitchers of “punch” (The last one had Cherry Whisky instead of Triple Sec – 'cause I’d used up all the Triple Sec).

Then we were served dessert. (around 10 or 11pm?)

Dessert
    Traditional English Sticky Toffee Pudding

(This was SO sweet! I could only eat 3 bites)

After my three bites, I got up to go into the house. That’s when the alcohol hit me. (I think I was going to the washroom, but once I got inside, I walked straight through the house, up the stairs and crashed on a bed. I laid there for a while, but then I had to get up and (as much as I hate to admit it) I went to the bathroom and threw it all up…

I was done for the night. I guess another friend of ours showed up and they partied into the night…

Sunday’s adventures coming in the next post…
    Last edited by winencandy; 06-28-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

oh dear! Sounds like you had a fun night though. Ooooh I cant remember the last time I got so drunk I threw up. (thankfully!)

hmmm sticky toffee pudding (or as we tend to call it here in nz, sticky date pudding!) I was just watching an episode about traditional english sticky toffee puddings on rick stein last night actually!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like so much fun!!!

Drink does that to me too, I have a limit where I'm ok and if I go past that, my stomach reverses gears and gets rid of it all. It's probably a self-preservation thing.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a fabulous evening, apart from the vomiting, of course. Hope that didn't ruin your day for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh dear! Sounds like you had a fun night though. Ooooh I cant remember the last time I got so drunk I threw up. (thankfully!)

hmmm sticky toffee pudding (or as we tend to call it here in nz, sticky date pudding!) I was just watching an episode about traditional english sticky toffee puddings on rick stein last night actually!
    It's been a LONG time for me too...and the "next" time can wait a LONG time

It was very good! But VERY sweet! (The little bit I had)

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    That sounds like so much fun!!!

Drink does that to me too, I have a limit where I'm ok and if I go past that, my stomach reverses gears and gets rid of it all. It's probably a self-preservation thing.
    Yes, I probably felt tons better in the morning because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sounds like a fabulous evening, apart from the vomiting, of course. Hope that didn't ruin your day for Sunday.
    Nope, barely slowed me down
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Weekend Update

Sunday

We got up around 9, (Surprisingly without a headache) and sat outside with a tea. Carlos brought us mimosas and took our breakfast order.
    We had Poached eggs, homemade apple sausage, and a broiled 1/2 tomato.

Then we sat outside and our hostess (my friend) gave us all pedicures. After that, the other girls sat in the sun and I was in the shade. Our "Carlos" had to leave to drive to Sault Ste Marie, so we were "Carloless" My friend made me a bed: two sleeping bags, a bed sheet and two pillows. We blew up a kid's 7'x7' pool and filled it. Then the drinks started coming out again. I think the first was lemonchelo with lemonade. Then we had malibu rum blender drinks made with bananas and juice, then the smoked trout came back out.

The pool was cold, but we figured after a few drinks it would be warm enough
    Sure enough, it was

We hooked up a pump and tried to make bubbles in the pool. It didn't work very well but we sat in the pool anyway. I was starting to get red arms so my friend slathered 50 baby sunblock on me - I was white! It was my one friend's birthday and her son and a few friends stopped by so we got out of the pool. Then we switched to drinking Pimms and Sprite with cut up strawberries, cucumbers, lemons and mint in the flute glasses. Oh, yes, and we also had a melted Brie with figs. I had mine with a few crackers (I figured that was better than the thick bread)

Umm another one of my friend's daughter stopped by and we convinced her to call in sick for her midnight shift. The boys left to cook salmon, except the one we convinced to be out new "Carlos" (of course it helped that he has just started seeing the girl that came over) He BBQ'd baby potatoes and asparagus for our Nicoise salad. When we told him what was for supper he said "You just said a word that I don't know" It was SO sweet

We made up the Nicoise salads and we also had another mozzarella, tomato and balsamic salad. More wine with supper, of course. The hostess didn't eat...she'd drank too much...

We sat around the campfire, I switched to tea, the other boys came back. I did have one more wine later in the evening...

We spent the night there again.

Monday morning, we slowly got up again, had tea outside and then left around 10:30 am.

It was really a lovely, pampered weekend
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

that sounds like a fun weekend! Nice! My oh my, that's a lot of booze! I hope to be like that in Vegas! Probably not though.

It was a great weekend!
    Of course, I didn't accomplish very much on Monday when I got home

Well, I did cut the Papillon pen with the push mower...but that was about all
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy