Page 159 of 415 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 159

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    June

Food
    Protein shake, pint of raspberries, McD’s Tuscan grilled chicken salad, cup of chili, Chai, a couple teaspoons of coconut oil melted with dark chocolate (I wanted something sweet)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Off Plan Eating: well McDs isn’t the best, but I choose the best I could from the menu.
    I also made coconut oil and semi sweet chocolate instead of opening a Lindt bar.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope, but I did do tons of walking in Vegas!

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed last night after the Stanley Cup game.
    Up at 8:30 to French braid my daughter’s hair and drive her to school.

I drove out to my parents to weigh myself – to see what kind of damage I did in Vegas. Still 141.

I tried to catch up on some MDA reading, did some online stuff, got ready and took the boys into London. On the way in, on the 401 highway, a mother duck and about 7 babies tried to cross in front of me! I was doing about 120km and I had a semi truck beside me. I hit the mother (and maybe a baby) All I could think of for the rest of the way in was the poor little babies on the 4 lane highway

I dropped the boys at the mall and went to a friend’s house (a fellow Comm Tech teacher) He gave me some software, an extra battery and a power cord for my Macbook Pro! We had a good visit. Then I picked up the boys and we went to the Mac store to ask questions. Army Wannabe Son wants a Macbook Pro and an iPhone, but he’s trying to figure out the timing. He’s afraid he’ll buy an iPhone4 and then they’ll release the iPhone 5 right after. Of course, they could only guess at possible release dates, but we did get some useful info.

I got a supply teaching job tomorrow at the local school, so we had to do some vehicle juggling. My Farmer is going out into the fields to spray at 5:30 am, University Son is going to Leamington. I need a ride into town at 8:30 and back at 3:30, Army Wannabe Son needs a ride into work at 3:00…I think we have it worked out…we need another car...soon...

My Daughter got a job as a cashier at the local grocery store (the same one Army Wannabe Son works at) She starts training in July.

I’ve got a lot of stuff to do tonight, so you’ll have to wait for another Vegas installment…
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    On the way in, on the 401 highway, a mother duck and about 7 babies tried to cross in front of me! I was doing about 120km and I had a semi truck beside me. I hit the mother (and maybe a baby) All I could think of for the rest of the way in was the poor little babies on the 4 lane highway
    SAD! I would have been crying I am such a namby pamby over this sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    SAD! I would have been crying I am such a namby pamby over this sort of stuff.
    I would have cried too, except I was driving with my 22 and 19 year old sons.
    I "sucked it up" and acted like a big girl, but inside my stomach was rolling

The boys tried to help - they said "There was nothing you could do mom" and stuff like that. They tried...

I'm off to what may be my daughter's 1st game since she tore her ACL last year! She thinks she's ready to play. I hope she is.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday
    Supply teach at the local school. Drama classes. We watched movies.
    1st period (grade 12s) we watched "The Call of Cthulhu" a black and white, silent movie filmed in 2005 by the HP Lovecraft Historical Society. 2nd period ) (grade 10swe watched "The Notebook" (Class wasn't long enough for the whole movie, I'd not seen it before so I watched the ending during my prep...good thing I was by myself...stupid movie...) And last period (grade 9s) was "Ironman 2".

Army Wannabe Son had left the truck at the school for me and walked to work. My Daughter, University Son and I left at 5. I drove the truck, my Son drove the Beetle, we left the truck at Army Wannabe Son's work, I drove University Son back home, then we went to London for a quick bite of supper and the soccer game. We ate at Wendys. I had a Berry Almond Grilled Chicken Salad.

The soccer game was a tie. My Daughter played over 1/2 of the game (more than I thought she'd play her 1st game) She played defense and mid field. She ended up with a lovely cleat imprint on her "bad" knee! But she said it was OK...

We stopped at Marble Slab ice cream (for her) and $tarbucks for me - Tall Chai Latte (I was cold - I've been cold since we got back from Vegas) and we got home at 10:45 pm!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Today
    Up with my alarm at 9. (well, I kept hitting the snooze until 9:30)
    A quick clean of my kitchen before a knife sales girl came by.
    I'd told her when she came that I wasn't going to buy anything...
    2 hours later, and a few hundred dollars later, I was the new owner of some knives...

I had a couple slices of peameal bacon for lunch.

Army Wannabe Son decided to take his sailboat out to the lake and he wanted my dad (a sailor) to help him set up the rigging. So I went out to the booth to work while he helped my son. Here's an old photo of his boat:

4 of them went out on it today. The lake was flat.

While at the booth I ate a few french fries, and some gummy worms Then I started to eat cherries. Cherries taste SO much better! Before I left I had a tiny bowl of Carmel Carmel Cup ice cream. The booth is an evil place...

I had some wine when I got home and a burger patty with a few fries. I didn't think I had enough protein, so I made a protein shake with strawberries. And them I had 2 squares of Lindt...

I think I'm done eating for the night...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

More Vegas

At Mandalay Bay we went in the Shark Reef Aquarium.
    We saw tons of predators.
    Golden Crocodile:

Komodo Dragon:

Jellyfish:

Lionfish:

Stingray:

We could reach into the stingray's tank and touch them. Their backs felt like satin!

And then once we were returned to the strip, we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the rare Pink Vegas Show Bird!:
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

More Vegas
    Thursday (Day 2)

We had a hard time finding the timeshare guys for our "free lunch" Finally we went to the place where we'd talked to them the night before. They sent us to a closer location - no lunch We toured their little "apartment" listened to the talk, said "no thank you" and complained about the fact that we were promised lunch. We got a confirmation # for our Zumanity tickets and a coupon for $50 off a meal at Pampas Brazilian Grille (because we didn't get lunch)

We ate at Subway - I had a salad. We made reservations for a 13 hour bus trip to the grand canyon for Friday and did a little more strip touring on the way back and bought some more alcohol.

We headed back to the pool and I had another $20 drink - a Miami Vice - 1/2 Pina Colada and 1/2 Strawberry Dacquiry. The pool closed at 6pm

We got dressed and went to the Flamingo Buffet for supper. It was good, we ate too much. I took a banana for the grand canyon trip.

We walked north along the strip. We walked as far as the Venetian. The pools were dry, no Gondola rides

We turned back and were in bed by 9:30pm!
    (We knew we had a long day planned for Friday)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So, the boys sailed all day and decided to camp out over night down the lake.
    One of the boys' girlfriends ran some food and sleeping bags out to them.
    This morning, of course, the lake is rough.
    They are trying to sail back to the marina.
    No phone contact (The phones are off and packed away)
    My Farmer and my Dad took off in the truck to see if they could find them and tell them to beach the boat.
    It's too rough to get into the marina.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Farmer's back. The boat got swamped while on the beach last night, it's half buried in water and sand. My nephew lost his back pack and sleeping bag. The waves keep filling the boat. So they are not sailing anywhere today...My Farmer is going back to pick them up at 4. Right now they are "exploring" and searching for wild strawberries. They will have to go back another day and dig out the boat...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh dear sounds like that cant have been a lot of fun!