Page 158 of 415 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 158

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    keep it coming !!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    OK
    Las Vegas is a 3 hour time change from home. We landed in Vegas at 2:55pm home time - which was 11:55 am Vegas time.

I bought a $tarbucks Chai Latte in the airport, it's a LONG wak inside the airport to the baggage claim. Our luggage was waiting for us. A shuttle bus ride was part of the deal I'd made, so we got a shuttle ride to our hotel. (I recommend using a shuttle service over a cab) We got on the shuttle at 12:30, and we were in our room by 1:15. We had 2 queen beds, the king bed rooms were not ready yet and we didn't want to wait for one. It was an older room...
    This was the view from our room:

That's the Bellagio at the top, Bill's is at the bottom.
    We relaxed for a little bit and then went out to explore the strip, but we got distracted by the pool

I sent the Farmer back up for our bathing suits and we spent the afternoon drinking at the pool.
    He brought back a gold coloured bikini...I wore it.
    I had 2 fruity slushy drinks (in souvenir plastic glasses - for $20 each!) Beer was $6.
    You had to show your room key for access to the pool. (It was like that at every hotel we stopped at)
    We left the pool about 5 and walked to a corner liquor store (behind Bill's) and bought some rum and some wine. We didn't have a fridge in our room, so we had to use the ice bucket...Someone later told us we should have said we needed a fridge for "medical reasons" and one would have been provided for us no charge.
    Last edited by winencandy; 06-15-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: clarity
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

The 2 pool drinks had me slightly slurring my words...

We went to Bill's for Chinese ($10/entree) Then we walked South along the strip. We talked to someone about a Grand Canyon Tour (there are several choices - flying, helicopter, bus, jeep) We talked to a time share guy about "free" Zumanity tickets and we were supposed to meet for lunch and our "tour" the next day at 12:45. (If you want to avoid the timeshare guys, tell them one of the following: you are just leaving that day or that night, you are not married, or you don't have a major credit card - they will leave you alone then. We figured lunch and a couple of hours was a fair exchange for tickets...)

We wandered aimlessly along the strip, stopping at variety stores to buy beer and small chilled wine bottles. You can drink openly walking along the strip.

One of the REALLY annoying things along the strip (especially along the South East side) are the card flicker guys
    These guys (and sometimes girls) are shoving "girly show" business cards right in your face as you walk down the street. They would even reach past me to shove them at the Farmer, even while we were holding hands! They would "flick" the cards to make annoying sounds and the streets were just littered with them. Passive, non violent little me wanted to smack them!!! or at least tell them what they could DO with their cards!!

We were in bed by 10 pm our 1st night...party animals that we are
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

and how did you feel in your gold bikini missy? Well done!

more more more please.

Surprisingly, I felt OK...

I'd brought 2 one piece suits but I wore a bikini all week and not once did I think about wearing the others...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thursday June 9
    We were up at 7 and we went to Bill's for $5.99 breakfast (Before 8am)
    We only made it that early once...The other days it was $12.
    We had 3 eggs, hash browns and bacon.

Then we headed south along the strip (again)
    Here are a few sights along the way:
    This is the New Your hotel:

There is a roller coaster that goes inside and around the hotel!

Inside it is like a small scale New York street.

forgive the image quality - iPhone in a dark place

Here is Luxor:

and

and this is inside the Luxor:

See the rows of lights in the center? Those are rooms.

I didn't take a photo of the outside of Mandalay Bay, BUT I took a photo of this inside

Yes, that is wine...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

A short break from the Vegas tour to bring you today's update:

I slept till 10 am, did laundry, dishes - I think the kids used every single pot and pan we owned!
    Played with the Butterflies. Uploaded photos to Flickr. Posted Vegas tour stuff here.

Made some phone calls - volunteer jobs for Army Wannabe Son - to help with his resume.
    The Farmer talked to a Sergent today - he said there are 20,000 applicants for 2,100 jobs this year...doesn't look good.
    Son's depressed...I'm worried about him...

The old truck has finally "died" so we are a house with 4 drivers and 1 car and 1 truck...
    Farmer works, University Son's job is over an hour away (luckily he can do most of the job on his computer at home, but there are days he needs the car - he doesn't "do" standard - the truck is standard) Army Wannabe Son works part time, and I work occasionally.

Guess we are going car shopping. Daughter has put in her request - loudly - a small car - automatic ONLY.
    (She's going to write her beginners soon)

I had a protein shake, then 3 BBQ chicken drumsticks, roasted potato, carrots, cauliflower and onions, a Chai.
    AND this:

Fresh, local strawberries!!!!
    The farm is just down the road from us
    NOTHING tastes like fresh strawberries!!!!
    $3.75 a picked quart. It takes 2 to feed our family.

I'm gonna have to go pick some. Maybe tomorrow. Get some squats in.

Tonight - well, I guess there's some sort of hockey game on
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Vegas is sounding great so I'll look forward to more updates.

shame about the vehicular situation. buying cars is expensive, even for cheapie little numbers sometimes... cause you never quite know what you might end up with. Good luck on that one.

And good luck to army wannabe!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your trip looks and sounds wonderful!

Excellent work on the gold bikini.... any chance of a photo?

Bugger about the car situation, although I believe cars are significantly cheaper over there than here. Our government taxes them to death!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Vegas is sounding great so I'll look forward to more updates.
    They're coming!

shame about the vehicular situation. buying cars is expensive, even for cheapie little numbers sometimes... cause you never quite know what you might end up with. Good luck on that one.
    Thanks.

And good luck to army wannabe!
    And thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Your trip looks and sounds wonderful!
    Thanks, it was!

Excellent work on the gold bikini.... any chance of a photo?
    Nope

Bugger about the car situation, although I believe cars are significantly cheaper over there than here. Our government taxes them to death!
    We are hoping to find a used one for about $2,000.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy