Page 156 of 415 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 156

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lots of excitement happening in your life! Have a wonderful time tonight at the gala for the band, and of course, enjoy Vegas. I cant wait to hear all about it!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Suse

June
    1. June 6 - Daughter’s 16th Birthday - DONE
    2. June 6 - Band 20th Anniversary Concert - DONE
    3. June 8 - Vegas!!!!!!!
    4. June 11th – Farmer’s 50th Birthday
    5. June 14th – Home & back to “normal” life

Food
    Fresh fruit salad, BBQ chicken thighs, Caesar salad, cucumbers & tomatoes, large BBQd mushrooms, one date square, a few strawberries.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Off Plan Eating: the date square

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed last night sometime after midnight, I stayed up until the video was DONE!
    Up at 7 this morning. Transferred the video to a flash drive.

My Sweet 16 Birthday Girl wore her new necklace to school today. I drove her in.

I stopped at the school, found the missing CD and made sure the students could download the video on the school computer. I also made sure that my video would play there. Last minute talk with the students.

Groceries, Dishes, Laundry, Cleaning, made fresh fruit salad.

My special guests arrived at 1 pm. We had a really good visit, I would leave every now and then to throw laundry in, make a salad, get the chicken on the BBQ, get ready for the concert. At least tomorrow "all" I have to do is: return the cameras to the school and pack. I can spend more time visiting

My daughter had an interview for a job at the local grocery store after school. She went to watch her team play soccer after supper. My Farmer and my parents went to the concert.

We ate early and I left to set up for the concert (at 5:30). I was in charge of the 3 students who were doing lighting, audio and recording video. I also had to set up the video projector and computer for the video (representing the 20 years of the band), which played during a piece we had commissioned for the concert. The composer was there. I wore flat shoes and changed into my “2 hour” shoes for the concert. I switched back to the flats for clean up

It was a great concert. I don’t think anyone heard my mistakes
    The video played without any problems. The students did a great job taping (I think so, I haven’t looked at the footage yet) I was acknowledged as the only original member still in the band.

I brought home one of the helium star balloons “sprays” for my daughter’s birthday. My parents came to visit after the concert. I’ve just finished transferring the video, I’m gonna post this and then go to bed.

I have a LOT of packing to do tomorrow!!!

The Farmer STILL doesn’t know!!!!!!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I have a LOT of packing to do tomorrow!!!

The Farmer STILL doesn’t know!!!!!!!
    Remember, you're only going for a few days, you don't need 14 shirts.

I can't believe you've managed to keep the secret, that is pretty awesome! I can't wait to hear about his reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Remember, you're only going for a few days, you don't need 14 shirts.

I can't believe you've managed to keep the secret, that is pretty awesome! I can't wait to hear about his reaction.
    Yeah, I know...I'm packed, but I don't think I have "enough"...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

June
    1. June 6 - Daughter’s 16th Birthday - DONE
    2. June 6 - Band 20th Anniversary Concert - DONE
    3. June 8 - Vegas!!!!!!! In 10 hours!!!!!!
    4. June 11th – Farmer’s 50th Birthday
    5. June 14th – Home & back to “normal” life

Food
    Scrambled eggs with fried mushrooms, onions and peppers, turkey bacon and tomatoes, BAS: cauliflower, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, red pepper balsamic vinaigrette. Chicken thigh, sweet potato, cauliflower, left over lunch BAS.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Avoided. I said NO to ice cream at the lake!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    nope

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed last night around 11:30, up at 6 to a terrific thunderstorm with hail! I was worried about my guest sleeping in the trailer, she was OK, she told me later that she liked the sound of the rain, thunder and hail…

I returned the cameras to the school. Then I alternated visiting with my guest and packing.

My Farmer came home at noon and I told him I needed to use his truck tomorrow and I needed him to clean out the stuff in the back.
    He said he needed the truck tomorrow because he was pouring concrete!!! I said “You can’t pour concrete tomorrow”
    “Why not?” After trying for a few minutes to convince him I decided it was time.
    The kids were in the room and I said “I guess I gotta tell him.” They were all smiles.
    “Because you are going to be out of the country”
    Shock and silence.
    “Where am I going?”
    “Vegas” The look on his face was priceless!!
    He said “You got me”
    I NEVER can surprise him, he ALWAYS guesses!
    He thought we might be going to Collingwood to a timeshare presentation weekend

He’s glad I told him at noon. He took care of a few things.
    He’s pretty excited

The afternoon was spent visiting and packing.

After supper I took my guest for a walk down at the beach. We ended up at the booth, my mom offered ice cream and I said no ‘cause I was gonna be eating enough for the next 5 days.

I’m done packing! I feel like I’ve forgotten something. I don’t think I’ve brought enough “stuff” we only have a medium sized bag and two carry ons…

Bed time...it's 11:21 and I have to get up at 3!!

I'll be back sometime on Tuesday June 14!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Most excellent on the surprise!

Have a great time and looking forward to hearing all about it!

It's 3:30 am and we are on the road!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Have a great time, we'll miss you! <3

that is so awesome that you were able to surprise him! I hope you have a wonderful time. I cant wait to hear all about it on your return. HAVE FUN!

I'm thinking you must nearly be home. I hope you are going to write us a long report on Vegas