Page 153 of 412 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 153

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nice score on the deer carcass, I expect we'll have more photos of your doggies with massive rib bones .

I love the old photos. You looked fantastic! I completely understand your perspective of at the time, I have some of those same old photos (not digital) where in retrospect I looked great and yet felt "fat". And I have to confess I think I had the same huge glasses around 1991... .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Nice score on the deer carcass, I expect we'll have more photos of your doggies with massive rib bones .
    Possibly At least for a little while, it's getting warm here. We won't be leaving body parts lying around like we can in November

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I love the old photos. You looked fantastic! I completely understand your perspective of at the time, I have some of those same old photos (not digital) where in retrospect I looked great and yet felt "fat". And I have to confess I think I had the same huge glasses around 1991... .
    Thanks. I know, why can't we appreciate what we have until its gone??

I scanned the photos. You could scan some too...

Yeah, gotta love those huge glasses
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I've worked on the band video - scanned in some more photos.

I also cooked some bacon and had a bacon, hard boiled egg and romaine salad.

Still no wine. It's funny. I only seem to want wine before supper. If I'm not home or I get home late, I don't "need" it...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Because the "weight charts" said I should weigh 100-105 lbs, I felt fat.
    I thought I had a huge stomach. I didn't think I was in good enough shape to wear a bikini.

This photo is one of the reasons I don't think 105 is an ideal (or achievable) goal weight for me.

About the same weight, and I had the same body issues/self image.

I would KILL for that body now.

Comments? Discussion?
    Theories on lead bones???
    I have no theories, clearly for whatever reason, some people are built heavier than others. You looked amazing and had a gorgeously flat stomach and it's such a shame that you couldn't appreciate it then when you had it, isn't it?

I don't know that any of us are any different though. You could probably ask the most beautiful woman in the world if there was anything she didn't like about her body and she would give you a lift of flaws that would be invisible to the onlooker. I really don't think there's any way to get the perspective that we're getting now without the maturity that comes with getting older. You know the old phrase that "Youth is wasted on the young." It's so true! I wouldn't go back in time and be 20 again for anything unless I could take the extra 18 years of experience I've got with me. Now that would be awesome!

Have fun butchering. I've never butchered anything in my life, but I'd love to have a go at it.

Thanks. I wonder if anyone is ever truly "happy" with their body...
    Yeah, sometimes I think I'd like to go back, knowing what I know now...

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Have fun butchering. I've never butchered anything in my life, but I'd love to have a go at it.
    I did

butchering photos coming soon...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

The Deer

My Farmer skinned it and cut out the tenderloin and then hung the hind end:

I got to cut up the hind quarters yesterday. Of course, I started but I was slow and acted helpless, so he took over the knife and had it done in 10 minutes! Then I cut it smaller and bagged it up:

Lily kept checking out and trying to guard the deer in the wheelbarrow.
    Here she's "Kissing" it:

We gave her the hind end after we'd removed most of the meat. She actually ate off it for a while:

Before she started to guard it:

She guarded it for a bit and then we moved it into the pen along with another leg (for Josie). She guarded again just after it was moved, (She was saying "Mom, DON'T move my meat again!") but then started eating again. Later she grumbled a little, but let me cut some meat off the bone for their supper. She barely ate the meat I cut off for her, I think she was full!

I had to pitch it over the fence for her to come in for the night. She didn't want to leave it.

Josie wasn't as interested. She ate the pieces I offered her, but she didn't want to "touch" the "real" thing! I had two legs in the back yard, Lily was busy guarding her leg and I was playing with Josie and a ball. I threw it once and it landed touching the 2nd leg. Josie went up to it and sniffed, but wouldn't get the ball 'cause it was touching the leg!
    Last edited by winencandy; 05-29-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: typo
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Saturday
    Maybe May

1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – nope...
    2. SLEEP – 7 hours
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – ummm...

Food
    Protein shake, burger patty, dill pickle, white wine, 2 pork loin chops, asparagus, roasted sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, and cauliflower.
    More wine and (gasp) nacho chips and salsa…

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Off Plan Eating: the nachos…

REALLY BIG STUPID MISTAKE - didn't work on the video...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

Does flinging deer legs over the fence count?

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed last night at 2 am, (I got sucked into watching a stupid “disaster of the week” movie – you know the type - meteors destroying San Francisco, main guy had to go save his kids, army wants to use nukes, but there’s problems, scientist searches for solutions before it’s too late, new bigger problem appears, but don’t worry folks, they find the solution and save the day…) up at 9:30 Saturday morning.

We cut up the deer.
    My Farmer put up lattice around the deck to stop the Butterfly Girls from hiding under it.

I got groceries.

We were invited to our friends for the evening.
    Wine, Hot tub and Cards (and nachos and salsa)

Home at 2 am!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Maybe May
    1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – tonight…
    2. SLEEP – 7 hours
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – um…

Food
    BAS: cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, tomato, roasted turkey lunch meat, balsamic vinaigrette. white wine. Roast beef, sweet potato, squash, cucumber, Chai. A slice of rhubarb pie with a tiny scoop of ice cream, a square of Lindt 85%

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Off Plan Eating: Rhubarb pie – but University Son made it…with fresh rhubarb…

I am spending the evening working on my video!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    I…um…no “official” exercise…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed last night at 2 am, again – playing cards at a friends house. Up at 9:00 this morning.

A little MDA, then I planted some basil and rosemary.

My Farmer taught my Daughter to back up a trailer with the 4 wheeler.

I drank wine and organized the trailer.

I’m going to work on the band video this evening, and watch the weather for Thunderstorm warnings…
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    geez I'm sick for a few days and there are pages of stuff for me to read

You looked great in those old photos... (yes I had some huge glasses too!) We totally dont appreciate what we have in our youth. Actually for the most part my bod is looking ok but I still tend to pick on all the little flaws. Seriously I think, you find a woman that is happy with how she looks, and I'll show you either a liar, or someone who has spent a fortune on plastic surgery! Not sure about the lead bones theory, have you always felt you were a big boned kind of girl?? I've always been tiny boned... I can put my thumb and third finger round my wrist... and frankly I wouldnt be surprised if I could do it with my ankles too (wont try, got boots on today!) So bone structure must make a difference in terms overall weight surely?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I can't get over how red the meat is!

Before she started to guard it:
    I absolutely love her expression "you touch my meat... I KILL you!!"