Page 152 of 415 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 152

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I know what you mean. I spend a lot more money on food now, not in total I don't think, because I buy less packaged stuff, but (for example) I spend $17 on a litre of coconut oil instead of $4 on vegetable oil. I pay $6.50 for omega-3, free-range eggs instead of $3 for battery cage ones. But I figure it's an investment against future medical bills.
    It's hard when you see the comparison right in front of you though, I still get grumpy about having to pay so much more for stuff when the cheaper option is sat right next to it. Especially because we pay more for stuff that's had less done to it, you would think the more processing that's involved the higher the cost, but not so, it's a little frustrating. I guess that when you add all the shit in to stuff though you get more out of it. You can probably get 10 kilos of hot-dogs from a 2 kilo pork shoulder.
    Anyway, I ramble...
    Ramble away

I know. I'm getting better...well I think I am...
    I think next time I'll buy the organic, now that I made the Starbucks comparison...
    At least I hope I will...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Maybe May
    1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – Yes, I did! (and still am)
    2. SLEEP – 7.5 hours!!!!
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – does shopping count?

Food
    Strawberries, BAS: 3 hard boiled eggs, avocado, cauliflower, carrots, onion, mushroom, green pepper, garlic with balsamic vinaigrette, Protein shake (with berries and coconut milk) protein cube, 2 hamburger patties, sweet potato fries, asparagus, Chai, Coconut Heart.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I worked on my video! So no Really Big Stupid Mistake today!

except I bought the "regular strawberries instead of the organic...BUT I didn't buy the Chai Latte!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Ah, no, I’m sucking pretty badly at this right now…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed last night at 10:30, up at 6:00 this morning!

Supply teaching job today. Tech Design classes. Easy.
    Got another job tomorrow at the same school. English.

I returned some metal paddles I’d bought for the boys’ raft race. (They wanted wood ones)
    I found a really good padded DSLR lens case for my long lens! In a clearance bin for $2.95!!!
    I bought a pair of yoga pants, a tank top, a bikini (? will I wear it?)

After supper I found some old band photos and scanned them for my project.
    I also found a couple of old photos of myself. I uploaded them to the MDA site.
    As soon as they are “approved” I’ll post them. They are from 1990 and 1991.

That is all.
    I’m going to bed now, early morning again tomorrow…
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Bikini...? You are a brave woman and I hope that you will wear it!

I will never, ever, ever, never wear a bikini again (I say again, the last time I wore one, I was 10!). The damage done by obesity and twins to my stomach means it will likely never see the light of day in public ever again!

Can't wait to see the photos!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Bikini!? o.O I hope you DO wear it!

I've never worn one. It was always my ultimate goal... but I think I'm ok with not doing it.

+1 on can't wait to see the photos!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Looking forward to the old photos...those are always fun! I second (third?) the call for bikini shots when you are ready to do so!! I've worn them on vacations the past few years after not for a good many years, and sometimes feel better in them than others. It's really all about attitude. I'm sure you saw many women on the beaches in Jamaica during your winter holiday of all sorts of shapes and sizes in bikinis and feeling totally comfortable in their own skin. I think that ownership of "this is me and I'm good with that" is a great perspective to be striving for.

I hear you on the organic berries...I buy some produce organic but not everything...sometimes for the price, and sometimes the organic stuff shipped in out of season looks really crappy, all sad and wilted and old. But better $4 for organic berries than for cookies/potato chips/assorted crap/chai latte(!).

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I will never, ever, ever, never wear a bikini again (I say again, the last time I wore one, I was 10!). The damage done by obesity and twins to my stomach means it will likely never see the light of day in public ever again!
    AMEN SISTER!!!! While I wear my "twin skin" with pride--- after all, carrying/birthing 14 pounds of baby/babies is no easy feat--- I have no desire to subject the world to it.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Bikini...? You are a brave woman and I hope that you will wear it!

Can't wait to see the photos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Bikini!? o.O I hope you DO wear it!

I've never worn one. It was always my ultimate goal... but I think I'm ok with not doing it.

+1 on can't wait to see the photos!
    I've only a bikini in public once or twice. In January in Jamacia, and maybe years and years ago...when I was 14...
    Maybe I'll wear it in Vegas. The REAL brave/body acceptance moment will be when/if I wear it at "home".

The photos are still not "approved"...I wanted to use the photos thru MDA, 'cause then only members can see them...

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Looking forward to the old photos...those are always fun! I second (third?) the call for bikini shots when you are ready to do so!! I've worn them on vacations the past few years after not for a good many years, and sometimes feel better in them than others. It's really all about attitude. I'm sure you saw many women on the beaches in Jamaica during your winter holiday of all sorts of shapes and sizes in bikinis and feeling totally comfortable in their own skin. I think that ownership of "this is me and I'm good with that" is a great perspective to be striving for.
    Yeah, seeing some of the other bikini "wearers" helped me decide to wear it there. It is definitely ALL about attitude!
    My goal is to have that attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I hear you on the organic berries...I buy some produce organic but not everything...sometimes for the price, and sometimes the organic stuff shipped in out of season looks really crappy, all sad and wilted and old. But better $4 for organic berries than for cookies/potato chips/assorted crap/chai latte(!).
    Yup, I'm gonna try to remember that...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So this morning, just after I left home to drive to work, I find myself behind a Township truck. As I get closer, I notice something in the back. I take a second look. Yup, it's a deer! I'm debating calling my Farmer when the driver motions me to pass. As I pass I notice that it's a friend of my Farmer's (a guy he goes moose hunting with) I roll down my window and ask him "how fresh is the deer?". He says "last night, why do you want it for your dogs?" I said "yup. The farmer's home, drop it off" and I call my Farmer and tell him they're coming.

So tonight guess what we get to do?????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

OK, the photos are finally approved.

This ties in with our discussions on false body images, lead bones and wacky BMI charts.
    These are 20 years old.

Remember, I am 5' " tall. I don't know my exact weight in either of these, but I can assure you it is OVER 125 lbs.
    According to all BMI charts, that made me overweight, by as much as 20 lbs.

These are both taken after I had 2 children.
    My 2nd son was born in Feb 1989.

The 1st photo was in the Bahamas in March 1990, on my parent's sailboat:
    (ignore the hair - the wind was blowing )

Because the "weight charts" said I should weigh 100-105 lbs, I felt fat.
    I thought I had a huge stomach. I didn't think I was in good enough shape to wear a bikini.

This photo is one of the reasons I don't think 105 is an ideal (or achievable) goal weight for me.

The second photo was from Feb 1991:

About the same weight, and I had the same body issues/self image.

I would KILL for that body now.

Comments? Discussion?
    Theories on lead bones???
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: removed photos
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

9 days till Band Concert
    11 days till VEGAS!!!!

Maybe May
    1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – not yet, but the night is early
    2. SLEEP – 9 hours!!!!
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – not yet…

Food
    Protein shake with mango and coconut water, left over roast beef, a protein cube, a square of Lindt 85%, two small BBQ pork loin chops, a couple roasted potato cubes.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No wine yet today…

The day isn't finished so you can't yet say that I made a VERY BIG STUPID MISTAKE!
    I'm planning on working on my video tonight.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Not yet, but will cutting up a deer carcass count?

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed last night at 10:30, up at 7:30 this morning.
    On my way to work I scored a deer for the Butterfly Girls!

Taught English today – well I turned on the DVD player
    It was Hamlet day. 1st class was Disney’s The Lion King, 2nd class was a modern version of Hamlet. For the last class there was no DVD – grade 9’s writing poems…

More shopping after work, a few clothing items for Vegas.
    I even bought a couple of shirts for my Farmer.

It’s almost time to go out to the barn and see what the Farmer did with the deer today.
    Supposedly the hind quarters have been cut off and Lily tried to guard them

I also need to work on my band video tonight.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy