Page 150 of 415 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 150

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I think I'd be too scared to forage for wild foods in case they were poisonous. Sometimes I see mushrooms growing in the garden (or on the lawn) and I just get rid of them in case the dogs eat them and get sick.
    The asparagus is "wild" because it is old forgotten patches
    But we also eat wild morels (weird looking mushrooms) and sometimes we eat puffballs (really big wild mushrooms)

Good work on the yard work. exercise (formal) is totally overrated.
    Sometimes I think so too.

I also find myself feeling guilty if I go for a walk/run or do exercises instead of housework...I tell myself that if I have the energy to exercise, then I should have the energy to clean...and I end up doing neither...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

i'm going to need to check out the satz group from home, as it comes under a blacklist at work unfortunately. .
    That's too bad, but please check it out when you get home!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yes, dont worry I will. I need to do work on my furbabies. I want us all to live in a harmonious household!!!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Awww, well, just so you know, it's the heart shape that makes them taste so good
    Well, then yours must be heavenly because, dayam these are good!!

I like how it stretches your chocolate out and makes you ration it, because it's hard to eat too many of the cubes/hearts (that being said, I ate 4 yesterday ). I'm looking forward to experimenting with different things such as adding shredded coconut or chopped nuts or maybe even the protein powder idea for an extra nutritional punch. Thanks again!

yes, dont worry I will. I need to do work on my furbabies. I want us all to live in a harmonious household!!!
    PK can help that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Well, then yours must be heavenly because, dayam these are good!!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I like how it stretches your chocolate out and makes you ration it, because it's hard to eat too many of the cubes/hearts (that being said, I ate 4 yesterday ). I'm looking forward to experimenting with different things such as adding shredded coconut or chopped nuts or maybe even the protein powder idea for an extra nutritional punch. Thanks again!
    Yup.
    I'm gonna keep experimenting too.
    No problem.

I made the Protein Powder/Creamed Coconut thing yesterday. I just mixed it up and let it set in a container. No cute little hearts.
    They are good. Not OMG! Chocolate and Coconut good, but edible (and portable)
    Maybe it's because they are not in cute little hearts????
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Victoria Day
    Monday
    Maybe May

1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – thought about it again…
    2. SLEEP – Lots!
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – um…a short walk

Food
    11:30: Protein Shake with coconut milk and berries
    12:30: 2 egg frittata with red pepper and mushrooms
    2:30 2 gummy worms
    5:00: couple glasses of white
    6:00: Spaghetti meat sauce with onions, red pepper and mushrooms. Chai. 2 Coconut Protein squares

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Off Plan Eating: the gummy worms…somehow I have to make myself NOT nibble on them when I go to the booth!!! A bad habit and they are SO accessible…

BUT I said NO to an ice cream. I told my mom how I felt after the last one. And well, it couldn’t have POSSIBLY been the ice cream. What did I eat earlier? Chicken. Well that was it, I had mild food poisoning! (never mind that no one else in my family felt bad) It couldn't possibly be the ice cream!

We almost got into the "Don't you drink milk?" conversation, but I dodged that bullet.

I said I’d try it again another day, but I had too much to do and I didn’t want to risk it.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    My Daughter went for a short, ½ hour walk…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bedtime was late…midnight? And I got up around 9:30 or 10…
    I did some house stuff, laundry, dishes,…I got my summer clothes out and I put away some winter stuff.

After lunch my daughter and I went to interview first my dad, (at the booth) he was a baby during the war. And then my Father in Law, (at the farm) he turned 18 during the war. Seems my daughter had a big history project due the next day…imagine that...

Her topic: How World War II affected our county.

We interrupt this journal for a brief history lesson
    (Some of this I knew already, some I didn’t)

During the war, if you wanted a new car, you had to put your name on a list and wait until a car became available. You had no choice, if you wanted a car you took what was available. (This happened to my FIL’s dad.)

My FIL was 18 and still in high school when he received a registered letter telling him to report to the Woolsey Barracks in London. It was his first train ride. He had to take one train into St Thomas and then another into London. Where he stayed for 2 days. (London takes me maybe 45 minutes to drive to today) He took the M test (aptitude test) and passed, but he was exempt because there was a “law” that allowed one man to stay home for every 100 acres that they owned and worked. My FIL was an only child.

There was a “Bombing and Gunnery” school about 20 minutes away from our town. 6000 men from all over (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England) graduated from it. They had bombing practice targets (one was located 10 minutes from here). My Father in Law used to go watch the planes fly for entertainment.

Low risk German prisoners of war were sent to the Bombing and Gunnery school. Farmers could apply for a prisoner to work on their farm. At first the prisoners had to wear a uniform with a big red circle on their back (like a target) and they were guarded. Later they had more freedom. Both my Grandfather and my FIL’s Dad had PoWs work for them.

In 1944 my FIL had a German PoW come work and live on his farm, in the house with them. He was a merchant marine and considered low risk. He was a good worker, but he knew limited English. The POWs would get together some evenings in the kitchen and drink “coffee that was thick like soup” and talk German. When the truck came to pick up my FIL’s PoW to return to Germany, the PoW cried. He sent my FIL a letter from Germany (It was written in German, they had to get someone translate it) His home was destroyed.

The German PoWs made ships in bottles in their “spare time”.
    Both my Dad and my FIL have bottles that were made for their parents!
    My Dad’s bottle has my grandmother’s name on the bow.
    This is my Dad’s:

This is my FIL’s:

/of history lesson and back to the journal.

After we talked to the “Grandpas” we drove to the location of the Bombing and Gunnery school. It is now a Conservation Area. We walked around and took a few photos of the “ruins”

This was the gate house.

After dinner my Daughter had to use my computer. I got stuck with her netbook.
    I used it for a few MDA comments, but not my update.
    I'm spoiled, iLove my macbook pro...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    very interesting history lesson!

Only 2 gummy worms, I still think this is pretty good considering!

very interesting history lesson!

Only 2 gummy worms, I still think this is pretty good considering!
    Thank you.
    I think so too!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Maybe May
    1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – nope – 12 days…
    2. SLEEP – Tons!
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – 1 ½ hour walk!

Food
    1:30: Protein Shake, 2 protein/coconut squares, a thick slice of left over roast beef, a slice of bacon
    5:00: a slice of bacon
    6:00: Fried pork chop, zucchini and asparagus. Coconut heart.
    8:30: Chai. A small salad.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I think I’ve figured out a substitute for the glass of wine I like to have while making supper.
    I had a couple wine glasses of Pink Grapefruit Perrier:

It helped with the "mouth feel" I wanted...and it has 0...everything

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    I took the Butterfly Girls for a walk while my daughter had her soccer practice. 1 ½ hours.
    We used the walk to help Josie realize that it was OK to walk past people. That no one would touch her. She did a great job staying Easy!

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Bed last night about midnight, up at 6:45 to drive my daughter to school for band practice. My stomach felt “funny” so I went back to bed and fell asleep. I woke up at 10:00!

MDA reading,

Laundry – don’t you hate it when you start a load and walk away, leaving the lid up, to get some more clothes, and then you get distracted and forget and don't come back, until about a half hour later and the machine has tried to run with the lid up…so it’s filled and emptied, but not twisted or spun out Especially when your water comes from a well…I hate it when that happens…

Groceries, supper, took the Butterfly Girls out for a 1 ½ hour walk while my daughter was at soccer practice. We need more practice walking together. Leads crisscrossing, Lily pulling and “marking” everything, Josie worried about anyone coming close (BUT she didn’t react! She didn’t growl or bark or lunge at anyone! I coached her past the “scary” kids)

I watched the Glee! season finale with my daughter.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    DON'T
    PANIC

It's Towel Day
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy