Page 149 of 415 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 149

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Do you think the Chai Latte stuff would be good with almond milk ... I got a case of 6 boxes when I went to Costco with my friend, now I`m trying to think of things to do with it.

A protein drink would fill my 3:00 in the afternoon lull at work quite nicely, I think.
    You could try it. I find I have to add things. Just adding water is gross!
    I've been using coconut milk and a bit of frozen fruit. Sometimes I add cinnamon and or vanilla extract.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Been a few days since I've stopped by...as you know I've been a bit preoccupied...

Nice progress with the butterfly ladies .

I like your coconut oil/chocolate treat. Might have to try that. I once made the "coconut bark": coconut oil with cocoa powder...not bad, but not particularly great either. I did recently buy a small sized silicone mold, that I was thinking about making some almond butter cups with a dark chocolate shell one of these days. Someone made something like that and posted, maybe it was Batty a few months ago...on the list to try out for sure.

Weird about the belly issues after the ice cream. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing if that was actually the cause...have you had issues with other dairy recently?

Nice looking garden! Aside from lettuce an onions, what's on the planting agenda?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much for the SATZ tips, I will start with those and join the group for the rest to save your poor fingers.

Charlie is pretty clever and very keen to please so I think it'll work great. I've never really given him any consistant signals so he probably just gets confused when I go off that he's doing something wrong... poor fella.

I hope your stomach pains and the ice-cream were un-related, that really would be a tradegy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Been a few days since I've stopped by...as you know I've been a bit preoccupied...
    That's OK

Nice progress with the butterfly ladies .
    Thank you

I like your coconut oil/chocolate treat. Might have to try that. I once made the "coconut bark": coconut oil with cocoa powder...not bad, but not particularly great either. I did recently buy a small sized silicone mold, that I was thinking about making some almond butter cups with a dark chocolate shell one of these days. Someone made something like that and posted, maybe it was Batty a few months ago...on the list to try out for sure.
    I tried the coconut oil and cocoa powder bark a while ago. I like the coconut oil/chocolate better!

Weird about the belly issues after the ice cream. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing if that was actually the cause...have you had issues with other dairy recently?
    I really haven't had dairy very much since my Feb 30 DONN. A little cheese as garnish, no ice cream or yogurt or milk. (except a small amount in scalloped potatoes) I guess I should try it again.

Nice looking garden! Aside from lettuce an onions, what's on the planting agenda?
    Thanks. It doesn't look nearly as nice by the end of the season The weeds tend to get away on us!

We usually plant onions, peas, leaf lettuce, sweet corn, kohlrabi, potatoes, (Lily helps us dig them out - but she tends to steal them!) broccoli (not cauliflower - we don't have very much luck with it) tomatoes - large and tiny, cucumbers, zuchinni, brussel sprouts, green beans, umm...I think that's all...we have planted leeks, water mellons and giant pumpkins in the past, and horseradish (I don't recommend that! It took over our garden and we were pulling it out for years!)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Thanks so much for the SATZ tips, I will start with those and join the group for the rest to save your poor fingers.
    Wonderful! It really is a friendly, supportive group!

Charlie is pretty clever and very keen to please so I think it'll work great. I've never really given him any consistant signals so he probably just gets confused when I go off that he's doing something wrong... poor fella.
    I'm sure he'll catch on quickly!

I hope your stomach pains and the ice-cream were un-related, that really would be a tradegy.
    Me too!!
    I think I'll have to try it again - just to make sure
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Maybe May
    1. Work on the 20th Anniversary Band video – thought about it again…14 days till the concert!!!
    2. SLEEP – 10 hours
    3. Exercise – Do SOMETHING Physical every day!!! – yes, I did!

Food
    2:00: BAS: 3 hard boiled eggs, red pepper, onion, avocado, tomato, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil
    3:30: a vodka cooler (I thought it was too sweet)
    5:00: 2 glasses of white wine
    6:00: Rump roast beef, asparagus, cauliflower, carrots, Chocolate Chia, coconut Heart and a Chocolate Coconut Oil Heart

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Off Plan Eating: I probably didn’t need the cooler

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    I didn’t do “formal” exercises, BUT I shoveled soil into a wheelbarrow and filled in a couple holes in my garden, I used the weed wacker, used the push mower, and wandered the ditches in search of asparagus

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed last night at 11:30, up at 9:30 this morning.
    It was raining this morning.
    I watched “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” I like Jimmy Stewart.
    And then “Waking Up In Reno” I don’t really like Billy Bob Thornton, but I think my opinion was tainted by this interview:

After my movies, the sun was shining. I did some yard work. I filled in some huge Papillon holes in my garden. This involved digging and filling the wheelbarrow out by the barn, wheeling it up to the house and then filling the holes up at the house. Then I cut the grass in the Butterfly pen, and used the weed wacker – which I didn’t like – it splattered juicy plant parts up into my face I had a vodka cooler after while I was watching my Farmer and my two sons get the large lawn mower and tractor unstuck from the overgrown dirtbike track…I really should have filmed it

I noticed while I was drinking my cooler that when I held my arm up at a 45 degree angle, my hand (with the cooler) trembled and shook. I couldn’t control it!

After this, we sat outside and enjoyed a drink together. Then my Farmer and I hopped in the truck and went in search of wild asparagus. After a few false leads, we finally found a couple of patches (I have only once, in over 20 years, paid for asparagus! And that was last week. Only because I wanted to check out the business that University Son is applying to for a summer Co-op placement)

Right now, I’m watching Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events with my daughter.

It's a long weekend here. Queen Victoria's Birthday.
    My Farmer got a sun burn today.
    I didn't.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine being able to go out and forage wild asparagus!! I am soooo jealous. I remember as a kid in England being able to forage food like mushrooms and blackberries, but here in Perth it's pretty slim pickins! It's pretty much impossible to grow anything in your own garden, let alone find food in the wild.

I'm making coconut oil/chocolate hearts today, cept mine will be cubes as I don't possess a pretty heart shaped ice-cube tray.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I think I'd be too scared to forage for wild foods in case they were poisonous. Sometimes I see mushrooms growing in the garden (or on the lawn) and I just get rid of them in case the dogs eat them and get sick.

Good work on the yard work. exercise (formal) is totally overrated.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    i'm going to need to check out the satz group from home, as it comes under a blacklist at work unfortunately. .

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't imagine being able to go out and forage wild asparagus!! I am soooo jealous. I remember as a kid in England being able to forage food like mushrooms and blackberries, but here in Perth it's pretty slim pickins! It's pretty much impossible to grow anything in your own garden, let alone find food in the wild.
    Well, it's more like "growing in the road ditches" than really wild
    (kinda a Southern Ontario joke) We "guard" our "wild" asparagus patches and keep them secret.
    We searched two ditches where we'd heard someone talking about a patch, no luck. Then as we were driving along I saw some tall, overgrown asparagus from the truck and we backed up. As I was harvesting them the land owner (our neighbour) pulled up beside us we smiled and showed him the two spears and he didn't even know the patch was there! He didn't care, he has some in his garden.
    (But what fun is growing your own asperagus?)

The other patches we found were on the 100 acre farm we bought last year. We don't live there, we live on another farm.

I'm making coconut oil/chocolate hearts today, cept mine will be cubes as I don't possess a pretty heart shaped ice-cube tray.
    Awww, well, just so you know, it's the heart shape that makes them taste so good
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy