Page 14 of 415 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 14

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Food
    IF till 5:30 when I had a ˝ glass of Merlot with 2 bowls of Squash soup (butternut squash, coconut milk, cream, butter, bacon, nutmeg, cinnamon)
    Roasted Pork Tenderloin and roasted baby carrots and another ˝ glass of Merlot.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Check
    No candy or sweets
    It’s easy to avoid these things if you don’t go anywhere or do anything
    I also managed to NOT cut my hair today - it's bugging me. The last time it bothered me I chopped it to 3" long. That was in April, it's still growing out.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    L2 Push Up: 6, an hour later 5, my wrists get sore…
    L1 Overhead Press: 20
    L3 Squats: 50, but I’m trying to do them deeper each time, maybe I’ve already transitioned to L4? Nope, just checked Mark’s video, still on L3
    L1 Plank: Nope

I may do some more later...

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11:45 up at 8:45 to drive my daughter to school.
    I stayed up after I got home, but my morning was sucked into the vast hole otherwise known as the internet...
    While on the net I discovered:
    1. Oil Pulling
    I tried it. I learned that 1 T of oil is WAY too much oil for me, and that 5 minutes is a LONG time to swish oil in your mouth. (I know, you are supposed to do it for 15-20 minutes – babysteps)
    2. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com
    (Found through an Odds & Ends post by mayness yesterday, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...power-of-sugar ) FUNNY – great place to spend time.
    3. Several ways to make meatballs. Tomorrow night’s Girls’ Night is going to be appetizers, I figured I should bring some meat...
    4. http://www.naturallycurly.com some interesting info there I could have used for the past 40 years...
    5. And of course, I also got caught up on a lot of journal entries.

Then I looked at the time and realized it was 1pm!!!
    I went outside and did some PBF.
    Cleaned house, made squash soup & pork tenderloin, fed the dogs.

Ate. I still 'feel' like I need something. I'm not hungry hungry, just 'mouth hungry'...that's the worst kind. That's the kind of hunger that asks for sweets...maybe I'll trick it with a Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball...

Not sure what's gonna happen tonight. Probably read or surf the net again. Try to avoid thinking about the dark chocolate bar that is STILL unopened...
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-15-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Good on you for leaving the chocolate unopened. Sometimes when I have that 'mouth hungry' thing going on, some tart herbal tea goes down nice.

Thanks Greensprout. I'll try herbal tea next time.

Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball seemed to do the trick for the mouth hunger, I didn't eat anything else.

I cut my hair last night.

Only a little, a trim really. about a 1/2". I hadn't trimmed it since April.

About my hair:
    It's red, wavy/curly and about 6" long.
    I’ve been experimenting with no shampoo. I'm on day 5. I’ve been “shampooing” with a conditioner.
    Babysteps.
    Last night I put coconut oil on my hair to “condition” it. Do you have any idea how hard that is to get out without shampoo? I tried last night, got most of it out. This morning my hair was SCARY! Oily and sticking up everywhere! So I tried washing with Baking Soda and rinsing with ACV. The coconut oil came out, but my hair felt like straw, so I put conditioner in it…

My hair will probably rebel now. It has a mind of it's own.
    Every day is a surprise.
    What will it decide to do today?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I have to laugh, because I tried the same thing! It was not a good result! Won't be doing THAT again!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Food
    IF till 5:00. Broke fast with a glass of white wine, a few cucumbers & cauliflower.
    Meatballs (with Greek seasonings, garlic and feta cheese, stuffed with mozzarella cheese)
    Brie melted with a pear chutney on top, warm nacho toppings (salsa, hamburger, sour cream, cheese) both of these I had scooped on my plate and I ate them with a fork, no nachos or crackers.
    All pretty good, right?

Now for the bad.
    More white wine (almost the whole bottle) and about 3 or 4 blender drinks (Malibu rum, banana, mango juice, pineapple juice, coconut milk, ice). All of this was between 5 and 8pm. I didn’t feel drunk, I had no more than any of the other girls, no more than I’d had any other time, but at around 8 I had to go outside for some fresh air. I laid on my friends deck for a while and then I sat up, threw up, and went back inside. Where I had a Chai tea and water. Lots of water I felt fine, but I left the alcohol alone for the rest of the night. Around midnight one of the girls brought out small tubs of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. Mine was cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries. I ate most of it.

PBF Body Weights
    L2 Push Up: 10! I did 10! Then I did 50 L1 Push ups. Later I did 10 more L2 on the beach!
    L1 Overhead Press: 20, I should try the next level…
    L3 Squats: 50. I keep trying to do them lower and lower
    L1 Plank: 50 seconds. I had to quit because my wrists hurt.

Move Slowly & Sprint
    In the early afternoon I took the Papillons for an hour walk on the beach. Whenever I found a nice sandy spot, I sprinted barefoot.

Bed at 11:30, up at 10 am.
    A little bit of sun while playing on the beach with my Papillons. Took my D.

I tried oil pulling again. Less oil. Made it to 10 minutes.

Did NOT use my brain when I was at my friends house…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    doing pretty good on the no candy front. I'm impressed. Well done. the girls night out sounds like a big night.... oh yeah, you'd think we'd know better than to drink that much or that sort of mixture .... wine and wine, or blended drinks and blended drinks ok, but wine and blended drinks just dont really go together....

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    doing pretty good on the no candy front. I'm impressed. Well done. the girls night out sounds like a big night.... oh yeah, you'd think we'd know better than to drink that much or that sort of mixture .... wine and wine, or blended drinks and blended drinks ok, but wine and blended drinks just dont really go together....
    Thanks. Yeah, you would think that at 46 I'd have that figured out by now
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I got home this morning and got ready to go out again. Not nearly as much fun this time.
    I went with my In Laws (mother, father, sister, brother and 2 nieces) to visit my mil’s sister. She’s dying from a brain tumor. She was fine on Labour Day and now they are counting the weeks. Her husband is in a nursing home after having several strokes. Her daughter is a missionary in Kenya and she flew home. Her nephew, a nurse in BC, also flew home. They are both flying out on Tuesday. My dh is away moose hunting. I thought I’d better go...
    There was about 20 people there. We've had better family reunions...

The food was a Primal nightmare. They started setting out “snacks” and I thought “There is nothing here that I can eat.’ Eventually they set out some almonds and then almost as a last minute thing, like they’d forgotten, the veggies and dip came out.
    My In Laws decided to stay for supper and since I rode with them, I was there too.

I got home late tonight.

Food
    An apple at 1pm in the van on the way there.
    Almonds, cauliflower, broccoli and baby carrots (the best there was to choose from)
    A little Ceasar salad (but it wasn’t very good - horrible dressing)
    Two slices of pizza (I choose the meat lovers) I needed some protein.
    Tea

Here is a list of all the foods there that I DIDN’T eat:
    Chips, crackers, baguettes, dips, party snack mix, jujubes, two different brownies, store made lasagna, punch

Not today

Bed about 2 am at my girlfriend’s, up at 10am and drove home.

No sun or play and the most I used my brain was when I was trying to decide which was the lesser primal evil: pizza or store made lasagna?

I choose the pizza, at least I could identify what was on it. The lasagna was mostly pasta and it looked gross.

An emotionally draining day.

I'm going to bed. I'll get caught up on everyone's journals tomorrow.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    I'm very sorry about your relative's illness. It was so good of you to be there.

Take care, ma'm!
    +1

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    bone_machine & MeatMe216

Thank you.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy