Page 13 of 415 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 13

Suse is offline Senior Member
    maybe!! although I have never had this surge of energy that other people speak of. No thats a lie, I had it one day on one weekend way back. But to be fair, I am in no way 100%. all I'm saying is maybe you have carb flu and maybe not.

so what are we gonna do girl... give up wine or give up candy. You choose and I'll follow for 1 whole week. (cause i believe in baby steps) and in saying that, I dont think an ocassional wine with dinner is a problem, its the wine before dinner, with snacks, and then 2 or 3 with dinner that is the problem. and as for the sweets/lollies/candy ... hmmm well lets face it, that is the ultimate addiction that we need to learn to say no to...

just some thoughts!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post

so what are we gonna do girl... give up wine or give up candy. You choose and I'll follow for 1 whole week. (cause i believe in baby steps) and in saying that, I dont think an ocassional wine with dinner is a problem, its the wine before dinner, with snacks, and then 2 or 3 with dinner that is the problem. and as for the sweets/lollies/candy ... hmmm well lets face it, that is the ultimate addiction that we need to learn to say no to...

just some thoughts!
    Amen, Suse! Carb flu sux but once you get past that, it's all good. I have a hard time saying no to sweets...
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I'm watching people pop out of the ground in Chile. Incredible!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

just some thoughts!
    OK, For this week, lets give up the sweets. And maybe try to keep the wine to just with dinner? My bad wine time is before dinner.

My dh is leaving tonight to go moose hunting in the Great White North (Elliot Lake) for 10 days.

10 days of REALLY primal eating. And some IF. No candy, no chocolates, no ice cream.

BUT I can't give up the wine this week. Part of the annual moose hunt includes a "girls night" on Saturday...I'll be doing good if I can stick to wine. Girls' nights usually involve tons of blender drinks and shooters and a hot tub
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ok lets start with the candy/chocolates/lollies/sweets/whatever we want to call them... we can work on the wine another time but I agree about reducing the pre dinner drinking! so 1 week starting today, no candy. (hmmm does that mean no 70% dark choc either???, to be honest I only ever have a square or two at a time cause its not very sweet, but I guess I can try to ditch that as well)

ok lets start with the candy/chocolates/lollies/sweets/whatever we want to call them... we can work on the wine another time but I agree about reducing the pre dinner drinking! so 1 week starting today, no candy. (hmmm does that mean no 70% dark choc either???, to be honest I only ever have a square or two at a time cause its not very sweet, but I guess I can try to ditch that as well)
    Deal on the candies/lollies/sweets

BUT:
    No Chocolate! That's crazy talk
    But let's not be crazy.
    What if the Dark Chocolate is an "Emergency" stash? A just in case, OK to eat if needed. But don't go overboard.
    Or do you do better "Cold Turkey"?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    Left over shepherd’s pie, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball,
    Mascarpone cheese with a tiny bit of pure maple syrup
    Chicken breast, peas, tomatoes & avocado
    ONE glass of white wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I think I did pretty good today. I wasn’t going to have any wine, but I had a glass with my dh before he left for 10 days of moose hunting

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    8 level 2 Push Up - 8 again today. Although I can't get down very far, definitely NOT to the ground, so does it still count?
    20 level 1 Overhead Press - still afraid to try level 2...
    50 level 3 Squats - these are WAY easier than any arm stuff
    50 sec level 1 Plank (moving up 5 sec at a time - I'm flying through this - ha!)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11:30 (I know, so much for the strict 11 pm bed time...) up at 9:30 am.

I didn’t do too much today, my dh was packing to leave tonight. He ‘s going moose hunting in the “Great White North” (a tiny little lake called Shoepack Lake – north of Elliot Lake – which is west of Sudbury, in Ontario)
    He goes with 6 other guys. For 10 days. They have converted an old school bus into a camper and they tow a trailer with seven 4 wheelers and an aluminum boat. Their bus is called the “Swamp Donkey Express” This year he promised the Papillons that he would bring them each back a grouse No promise on a moose. He has been doing this for over 25 years, since before I knew him. About a third of the time they return with a moose.

In the past, while they were gone, meals around here became very lax, almost non-existent. I think I’m going to try for 10 days of REALLY primal eating with some IF thrown in as well. No candy, no chocolates, no ice cream.

BUT I can't give up the wine this week. Maybe next week...Part of the annual moose hunt includes a "girls night" on Saturday...I'll be doing good if I can stick to wine. Girls' nights usually involve tons of blender drinks and shooters and a hot tub…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Food
    IF until 3, then I thought I’d better eat something because I had to take my daughter to physio. I wasn’t starving, but I didn’t want the hunger to hit while I was out...
    A couple bites of chicken breast, a small chunk of Brie, a few swallows of coconut milk (I’m getting used to the taste) Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball
    Left over spaghetti meat sauce, Caesar salad, naiadknight’s Chocolate Whipped Heaven (but I think I made it wrong, it was more like a thick chocolate milk...)
    ½ glass of RED wine. A Merlot. I know, crazy. I stepped outside my box. And my box is pretty big. My sister says I don’t even know there’s a box And she doesn’t know about this crazy primal thing yet...

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    NO candy or ice cream, today!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nothing today

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11, up at 7:30. I was tired, but I had things I wanted to do.
    No sun or play (unless you count shopping as play)
    I drove into the city and visited 4 high schools, passing out my business card, letting them know I’m on the supply list. I have to do something, I’ve only had 2 half days of work since school started...
    Then I wasted time shopping. I bought some curly hair ‘stuff’, Brie, almonds, a package of Lara Bars (a 1st), and enough coconut milk, cream and water that the cashier asked me what I made with it. Seeing as I’m just starting to experiment with it, I wasn’t sure what to say, so I said curry

Although I have a squash, and I'm wondering about a squash, coconut milk soup...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Doin' Good!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks bone_machine and naiadknight!

I looked for a sledge hammer yesterday. I found a short handled 4 lb OR a long handled 10 lb. Nothing in between.

I'll keep looking. 10 lb is WAY too heavy.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy