Page 120 of 412 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 120

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Winencandy!!

Now it's my turn to stop by for a visit!

I totally feel you on being careful about what messages you are sending your kids re: food. I have two daughters, and right now they are very supportive of my weight loss efforts, but I really want to make sure that they hear that I am focused on health, not on "being skinny." D11 already has friends who actually scrape the cheese off of pizza "because that's fat!" and then eat the crust. :P . Luckily their school has a "Farm to Fork" curriculum this year where they are reading, among other things, The Omnivores' Dilemna (kids' version) and Chew On This (a kid version of Fast Food Nation), so there's been a lot of talk about where our food comes from, why we eat different kinds of things, etc. Both my girls are very small and lean, as I was growing up, so I'm hopeful to steer their diet to more primal offerings while not ending up with their obsessing over food and body image.

On eating more when we eat breakfast, all I can say is that I really, really like IF'ing and not eating breakfast. Breakfast makes me feel gross and full (even if I don't eat much) long before my system feels like it needs the fuel. I suspect that especially if people eat carby things, the blood sugar spike makes you want more (mid-morning snack, then lunch etc).

Oh, my goodness, what an adorable muddy mess Lily is!!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    So, my supper was “Off Plan Eating”…my Farmer brought home take out pizza…I worked today, I was tired and hungry…I ate it…we’ll see how my body reacts..
    Sometimes you just gotta eat, no big deal.

So, you're still counting calories this month?

While we were outside, Lily fell in a huge mud puddle
    Then I had to give her a bath…

I had a tiny glimpse of what NourishedEm might have gone through trying to clean Charlie
    Did the mud stink like dried, dead fish? No? Then it really is just a glimpse. But then Lily's coat is long which makes it a hell of a lot harder! It's a good job we love them eh?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Hi Winencandy!!

Now it's my turn to stop by for a visit!
    Hi, and welcome!

I totally feel you on being careful about what messages you are sending your kids re: food. I have two daughters, and right now they are very supportive of my weight loss efforts, but I really want to make sure that they hear that I am focused on health, not on "being skinny." D11 already has friends who actually scrape the cheese off of pizza "because that's fat!" and then eat the crust. :P .
    I remember the 1st time my daughter "thought" she was fat. She was in grade 6 (and she was tiny)...I'd received a large bag of clothes from a friend's daughter. My Daughter was trying them on and she couldn't get one pair of shorts on. She got all quiet and then finally told me she was too fat to fit in the clothes.

My stomach flipped. I thought I'd have a few more years before I had to worry about her feeling that way. We talked for a while about positive body images and popular media's distortions, (and in my desperation to get her to "see" I even compared her to some of her classmates - I wish I hadn't "gone there") But the only thing that finally got through to her was when I asked to see the shorts. They were a child's size 6!!! Once she realized that, she was able to "see"...

She's been really good since then. She has a dancer's/gymnast's body, but she's almost 16...

That is a BIG part of why I don't want her to think I'm "watching" (weighing/measuring) my food.

Luckily their school has a "Farm to Fork" curriculum this year where they are reading, among other things, The Omnivores' Dilemna (kids' version) and Chew On This (a kid version of Fast Food Nation), so there's been a lot of talk about where our food comes from, why we eat different kinds of things, etc. Both my girls are very small and lean, as I was growing up, so I'm hopeful to steer their diet to more primal offerings while not ending up with their obsessing over food and body image.
    This is wonderful!

On eating more when we eat breakfast, all I can say is that I really, really like IF'ing and not eating breakfast. Breakfast makes me feel gross and full (even if I don't eat much) long before my system feels like it needs the fuel.
    Me too. I've been IFing for years...I just didn't know it

Oh, my goodness, what an adorable muddy mess Lily is!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

goodangels is offline Senior Member
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are ''Tibetan Rites?''

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    So, you're still counting calories this month?
    I think so. It seemed to help me. And it seemed to work (now that I checked on a "proper" scale)
    I don't have a really good idea of the breakdown of what I eat, 'cause I've never counted before.
    I'm thinking of it as an education. I'm learning. I don't plan on doing this forever...

I think my main focus will be on meeting my protein grams and keeping my carbs under 100.

I'm gonna try to NOT stress about the numbers, and I'm only gonna post them here...

Did the mud stink like dried, dead fish?
    Not this time, But that's her favorite thing to do at the beach, and once here she rolled in a rotten racoon corpse - THAT was nasty!!!!

No? Then it really is just a glimpse. But then Lily's coat is long which makes it a hell of a lot harder! It's a good job we love them eh?
    Yes it is
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by goodangels View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are ''Tibetan Rites?''
    5 Tibetian Rites

and this
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Paleobird Guest
    I think so. It seemed to help me. And it seemed to work (now that I checked on a "proper" scale)
    I don't have a really good idea of the breakdown of what I eat, 'cause I've never counted before.
    I'm thinking of it as an education. I'm learning. I don't plan on doing this forever...

I think my main focus will be on meeting my protein grams and keeping my carbs under 100.

I'm gonna try to NOT stress about the numbers, and I'm only gonna post them here...

Not this time, But that's her favorite thing to do at the beach, and once here she rolled in a rotten racoon corpse - THAT was nasty!!!!
    Good. I'm glad you are sticking with it.

My dog loves nothing better than a really stinky seagull corpse to roll in. Then he can't understand why he gets put in the tub. "But I put on my best cologne just for you. Essence of Dead Seagull."

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ok i'm getting dizzy watching the man do tibetan rites.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I just had to whip back to the beginning of your journal... you were 150lbs on your parents scale then, now 142!!! yay!

not long now till your run!!!!!!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Good. I'm glad you are sticking with it.

My dog loves nothing better than a really stinky seagull corpse to roll in. Then he can't understand why he gets put in the tub. "But I put on my best cologne just for you. Essence of Dead Seagull."
    Yeah, they have really strange "tastes"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy