Page 12 of 415 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 12

Suse is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a lovely day and you used the 20% rule wisely!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Glad you enjoyed your day! I'm guessing you slept good?!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Suze and Just4me

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Glad you enjoyed your day! I'm guessing you slept good?!
    I always sleep good

I probably sleep too much...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanksgiving Holiday Today. Three extra “kids” home for the weekend (Two sons and one girlfriend)
    Easy day today, we’ve already done the Turkey thing twice.

I actually woke up at 9! On my own!

I did a few PBF and cleaned my tub before anyone woke up, except my dh who was LONG gone before I even thought about waking up

Morning people just don’t understand night people It sucks to live in a morning person's world...

I cooked 2 lbs of bacon for brunch. They sucked it all back. I wasted away the afternoon.
    Drank wine while making supper. It’s 8pm and my dh is still farming.

Food
    Bacon. Lots of bacon
    Caesar Salad, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls, small handful of trail mix.
    Shepherd’s Pie. Mine had cauliflower as a topping and NO corn.
    The very last scoop of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream!
    Wine.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I gave a huge bottle of Kahlua to my son. It had been sitting in my alcohol cupboard forever and I hadn’t opened it. No worries, he’s well above drinking age
    the ice cream...
    I had wine while I was making supper...several glasses

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    4 level 2 Push Ups – 4! – ONLY 4!!!, But I can easily do 50 level 1 ???
    20 level 1 Overhead Press (I'm afraid to try level 2, what if I suck as badly as I do with push ups?)
    50 level 3 Squats
    50 seconds level 1 Plank

I'm thinking my upper body strength is...nil...

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at midnight, up at 9!
    I think I’m going to set a STRICT 11pm bedtime for myself and see if that helps…

Super easy day. No real sun or play, or brain power involved…surfed the net, read some of "A Crown OF Thorns" (Wheel of Time # 7)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    While I still can't do crazy amounts of push-ups, I have increased my upper strength with them and the planks. I have dumb bells that I absolutely love to work out with. Still weak by anyone else's standards, but I'm improving, and that's all that matters! I always try to increase what I'm doing, even if it's just a little. It may not seem like much at the time, but it all adds up!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Sweet cycle! I hear ya on the upper body strength, w'n'c, but just keep at it. Even if yer push-up totals don't jump overnight, you will see some nice body composition results.

Also: I recommend shovelglove routines to help w/ upper body. Made my back & shoulders so much stronger!
    Thanks

I checked out shovelglove on-line. It looks interesting. I think I'll see if I can find / buy a sledgehammer. What size do you recommend? Do you wrap yours?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Today I played chauffeur.
    I had to take my dh into the city for some eye tests. He did something to his eye (coughed) and now he has a see through spot in his vision. They dilated his eyes and then injected a florescent yellow dye into his veins to take a picture inside his eye. The dye reached his eye in 15 seconds! But it will take 24 – 36 hours to leave his system...I saw the photo, there is a little spot...
    Then I had to drive my daughter to physiotherapy for her knee (recovering ACL surgery) and then to her music lesson. When we got home, I had company, so the wine came out.
    PBF after supper.

Food
    Wendy’s Chicken Apple Pecan salad
    Tiny scoop of trail mix, Batty Blueberry Butter Ball
    Spaghetti meat sauce with onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
    2 half glasses of wine
    1/3 cup of my mother in laws home made apple sauce

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I thought the salad was the best choice at Wendy’s
    I wasn’t going to have any wine, but when I got home, we had company...
    No spaghetti noodles with my sauce

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    8 level 2 Push Up – 4 more than yesterday! At this rate I might be doing a real push up by Christmas
    20 level 1 Overhead Press
    40 level 3 Squats
    45 level 1 Plank

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 10:55 pm! Of course I couldn’t fall sleep until 12...But I was able to get up at 7:30 am!
    Maybe tonight I’ll fall asleep easier...
    Not a lot of sun or play or brain power today, most of the day was spent in the car.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thanks bone_machine!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    I use an 8lb sledge, which is perfect for a novice like me. In another month or so I'll be lookin' for a 10lb-er. I wrapped it the first couple times, then realized it wasn't actually necessary.
    Ditto, although I don't think I ever wrapped mine.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I was reading the "Transition: How long" Thread in the PB Odds and Ends and the lightbulb came on!!!

I just realized that I'm probably going through carb flu!!

Doh!!

My zero energy and feeling like I could crawl back into bed at any time.
    I even went to the doc's where I broke down. That got me a whole set of tests...

I guess I thought carb flu was all the other symptoms I've read about and that "just" fatigue couldn't possibly be carb flu...

LOL!! What an idiot I am
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy