Page 113 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 113

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Elizabeth Taylor died
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

My Farmer "saved" our hydro!
    A huge limb fell on the hydro line and he cut it down with a chain saw.

And here's a "pretty" photo of the ice

Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – “protein salad”: 2 chicken thighs, 2 hard-boiled eggs, 5 slices of “Ready Crisp” bacon, 1 tsp of bacon fat, and garlic.
    I wanted to call it a Meat Salad, but there were eggs in it.

It was too dry. It needed something else…more fat maybe? It was 550 Calories, 47 g Protein, 2 g Carb, 38 g Fat.

D – bone-in ham, scalloped potatoes, (about 1 C of each) Vanilla Coconut Heart

CRONoMeter #s:
    Cal: 1036
    Protein: 69 g (28%)
    Carbs: 26 g (10%)
    Fat: 60 g (52%)
    Alcohol: 10%

I am full. I don’t see HOW I could eat more any protein without becoming a Zero Carber…

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I chose to turn around in the bad weather this morning, avoiding a possible “ditch” incident!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 7 reps

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 25, 25
    L4 Squat – 50, 40
    L2 Overhead Press – 10, 10
    L2 Plank – 50 sec, 50 sec

No Pull-Ups today…

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

It was 11:05 when I got to bed…
    The alarm went off at 6. I hit the snooze button.
    I checked the buss website. Busses cancelled here but not in the city.
    I checked the radar, it looked clear at the moment. There was a huge blob both East and West of me. I decided to get up and try it.

I left at 6:45. The roads were not plowed, but there were no drifts. Then the freezing rain stated. The radio announced that the OPP had closed the Eastbound 401 at London because there were so many cars in the ditch. I decided that it wasn’t worth it and I turned around and went home.

I stayed up. I was going to go back to bed, but it never happened. I went up to change back into my PJs and that’s when I noticed the limb hanging on our hydro line and roof. I told my Farmer, then I HAD to go out and take some photos while he was “saving” our hydro

MDA & PBF

Quiet afternoon, then it rained ice pellets…

I made Coconut Hearts again. This time I thought I’d try adding some pure vanilla.
    Not a good idea.
    It changed the consistency. It lost the creaminess and became “crumbly”.

Don’t try it.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I had a Chai with Coconut milk, so my CRONoMeter #s are now:
    Calories:1096
    Protein: 70 g (27%)
    Carbs: 27 g (10%)
    Fat: 66 g (54%)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    It was too dry. It needed something else…more fat maybe?
    Maybe a bit more fat plus squeeze the juice of half a lime in? Or make some mayo, it's really easy if you haven't tried it yet.

I am full. I don’t see HOW I could eat more any protein without becoming a Zero Carber…
    I dunno...I might have had a 3rd chicken thigh and more ham with dinner??
    I decided that it wasn’t worth it and I turned around and went home.
    Good choice. Given the conditions, you probably would have ended up with only a half full classroom of kids anyway. Not worth getting into a wreck or worse, getting hurt in the process.

I made Coconut Hearts again. This time I thought I’d try adding some pure vanilla.
    Not a good idea.
    It changed the consistency. It lost the creaminess and became “crumbly”.

Don’t try it.
    Interesting, I wouldn't have thought a bit of vanilla would have made that much difference.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    2 chicken thighs, 2 hard-boiled eggs, 5 slices of “Ready Crisp” bacon, 1 tsp of bacon fat, and garlic.
    I wanted to call it a Meat Salad, but there were eggs in it.
    It was too dry. It needed something else…more fat maybe?
    Mayonnaise would have been perfect. I tried your avo/egg combo yesterday. Mixed it with kimchi and a dollop of whole egg mayo. Was divine!

I am full. I don’t see HOW I could eat more any protein without becoming a Zero Carber
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the amount of protein you're eating. But then I know I'm in the minority here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Maybe a bit more fat plus squeeze the juice of half a lime in? Or make some mayo, it's really easy if you haven't tried it yet.
    I think it was missing the lime/lemon...I haven't tried making mayo yet.

I dunno...I might have had a 3rd chicken thigh and more ham with dinner??
    There were only 2 leftover chicken thighs, and I was truly full after supper. The only way I could have eaten more ham would have been if that was the only thing on my plate...

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought a bit of vanilla would have made that much difference.
    I know. It was very disappointing. As soon as I started to stir it together, it changed

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Mayonnaise would have been perfect. I tried your avo/egg combo yesterday. Mixed it with kimchi and a dollop of whole egg mayo. Was divine!
    I think I'll have to figure out how to make mayo...
    I'm glad you enjoyed the avo/egg combo

I don't think there's anything wrong with the amount of protein you're eating. But then I know I'm in the minority here.
    I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever eat the "right" amount. Maybe I should just aim for 75g instead of 100??
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-24-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever eat the "right" amount. Maybe I should just aim for 75g instead of 100??
    Mark suggests 0.7 to 1g of protein per pound of LBM. That is the weight you'd be without any bodyfat at all. I just checked back and you're basing your protein target on 120lbs I believe? I think you'll find your Lean Body Mass is much less than that.

Let's say 120lbs sees you at 18% bodyfat, that is a LBM of just under 100lbs, so to eat enough protein, you should be eating between 70g and 100g per day. You are consistantly meeting that target.

Excess protein will just get converted to glucose, so you may as well be eating extra carbs unless you are doing batty-type workouts. You're eating well, to satiety and enjoying your food. It makes no sense to feel like you have to scarf down a can of tuna or half a chicken breast at the end of the day to get up to some magic number. It's just not primal to stuff yourself past satiety right?

Mark suggests 0.7 to 1g of protein per pound of LBM. That is the weight you'd be without any bodyfat at all. I just checked back and you're basing your protein target on 120lbs I believe? I think you'll find your Lean Body Mass is much less than that.
    Thanks Yeah, I'm figuring my "lean body mass" is about 100 lbs. (Unless you go by those horrid charts that say I should weigh 100 lbs! (That would mean I need to loose 1/3 of my body weight!!! I don't even want to THINK about that!) If that's the case...then I'm not sure what my LBM would be...

Let's say 120lbs sees you at 18% bodyfat, that is a LBM of just under 100lbs, so to eat enough protein, you should be eating between 70g and 100g per day. You are consistantly meeting that target.
    I guess I just saw 100 lbs and figured that meant 100 g...I forgot about the 70-100g
    I can DO 70! Well, it still takes work and planning, but at least I can do it
    (But I didn't do it today...just 41g)

Excess protein will just get converted to glucose, so you may as well be eating extra carbs unless you are doing batty-type workouts. You're eating well, to satiety and enjoying your food. It makes no sense to feel like you have to scarf down a can of tuna or half a chicken breast at the end of the day to get up to some magic number. It's just not primal to stuff yourself past satiety right?
    I'm definitely NOT doing Batty-type workouts

I agree, it doesn't make sense to stuff myself.

Thank you!
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-24-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added comment about my 41g of protein today
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – a hard-boiled egg on the way into London.
    2:30 – another hard-boiled egg while we waited outside the recruiting office.
    3:30 a $tarbucks Tall Chai Latte with whole milk
    D – 3 oz red wine, 1 C chili, coconut heart

CRONoMeter #s:
    Cal: 1045
    Protein: 41 g (17%) Pretty low today
    Carbs: 69g (28%) Pretty high today
    Fat: 57g (49%)

I'm full.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Well, I didn’t order anything at the McDonalds drive thru, but I had a $tarbucks…
    Why does the $tarbucks Tazo Chai Latte tastes SO much better than the Tazo Chai I make at home???

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 7 reps

Than is all

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

It was 11:10 when I got to bed…
    The alarm went off at 7. I shut it off.
    I woke up at 10!
    MDA & 5 Tibetan Rites
    Then I took my Army Wannabe Son into the recruiting office in London to see what was happening. He brought his application package – just in case, but we expected it would be another useless trip. We walked in and asked if they were accepting applications. The officer asked what my son wanted and he asked about Combat Engineer – Nope, or Artillery – Nope. So I asked, “What’s open?” The officer said Infantry. My son’s face lit up! That was what he really wanted, but it is NEVER open, so he didn’t ask. So we started to hand in his stuff when we realized we didn’t have his Birth Certificate Nothing happens without that. My son’s face fell.

We live an hour away. It was 1:30. My son was supposed to work at 3:30, back at home. I was preparing to make the flying round trip. They were open until 4:30. We didn’t want to wait until tomorrow. The last time he heard about an opening he went in the next day and the position was closed.

We left to head home, My son called his work and asked to start at 4:30. He then contacted his friend (who also wants to join). The friend grabbed his application package, went to our house, got the Birth Certificate, and drove into the recruiting office. So we didn't have to make the round trip!

We handed in his application. My son’s friend went to hand in his application and he’d forgotten HIS Birth Certificate!

We stopped at McD’s on the way out of the city for my son and then I stopped at $tarbucks.

After a quick chili supper, I went to my daughter’s concert. The Farmer stayed home and “played” with the sump pump. We had 6” of water in the basement

I’m not sure how I feel about my son entering the infantry…he’s thrilled, me…not so much…

I feel “bloaty”. There were beans in the chili..

I have to work again tomorrow, so I will TRY to go to bed early tonight!
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-24-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: forgot to add the wine :)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy