Page 11 of 412 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 11

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    #1 Food
    B – IF
    L – left over hamburger fried with onions, peppers and tomatoes
    S – a few of Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls I made really tiny ones - 1/4 teaspoon
    D – pulled pork, squash and tomatoes
    A glass of white zinfandel. I wasn't going to BUT I burnt my tongue tasting the pulled pork
    A small scoop of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream
    Night time snack – a small handful of trail mix and a couple more of Batty’s Balls ☺

#2 Avoid Poisons
    White Zinfandel and Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream...I’ll be SO glad when the ice cream is finally all gone
    But the chocolate bar is still unopened

#3 Move Slowly, #4 Lift Heavy, #5 Sprint
    Not today

#6 Sleep
    Bed at 11, up at 8:45 to drive my daughter to school – and today I stayed up! But I had no energy today.

#7 Play
    Nope

#8 Sunlight
    Nope

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes #10 Use Your Brain
    I went to the doctor’s today. To ask about a Thyroid test. And I broke down crying in the office.
    So embarrassing. I’m just SO tired ALL the time, and SO sick of not being able to loose this weight.
    We checked my records: I was 150 back in January, I’m still 150 now. 2 years ago, I was 130.

I’m getting a full work up...(my last blood tests were in 2003)

On a happy note...it was my 3rd son’s High School Commencement tonight.
    Proud Momma Moment!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Aww! I know exactly how you feel!

I hope it's NOT your thyroid. They finally removed mine. Sometimes, I wish I hadn't let them. Thyroid issues suck for sure! It's harder to lose when you have thyroid issues, but not impossible. It just takes time for your body to become accustomed to good food and make the changes. I honestly believe my weight loss is slower because of this, but I'm a rebel and won't accept that it can't be done!

(Hugs!)
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

It's been about a month since I've been Primal. While my weight hasn't budged, a few things have changed:

My hayfever is almost non-existent!
    The small pimply rash on my arms is going away!
    I've had both of these things FOREVER

AND

I’ve lost ˝" off my ribcage and ˝" off my right THIGH!!!! I can only assume that it’s the same for my left

The thigh measurement is making me feel a little better

I'm gonna stick around for another month

I took a picture of myself today, but I don't think I'm brave enough to post it...
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added last line
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    Aww! I know exactly how you feel!

I hope it's NOT your thyroid. They finally removed mine. Sometimes, I wish I hadn't let them. Thyroid issues suck for sure! It's harder to lose when you have thyroid issues, but not impossible. It just takes time for your body to become accustomed to good food and make the changes. I honestly believe my weight loss is slower because of this, but I'm a rebel and won't accept that it can't be done!

(Hugs!)
    Thanks SO much!!
    I was pretty low yesterday, but I'm NOT letting myself stay there!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Winencandy-
    Thyroid issues blow asscrackers, but you have a fine network of support on the boards and a huge wealth of information. I hope you don't actually have a thyroid problem, though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thyroid issues blow asscrackers.
    Ain't that the truth!!!

naiadknight & marcadav: Thank you. I hope it's not that. I'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

This month, I’ve set some new goals.

October Goals
    Concentrate on increasing my progression of the Primal Essential Movements.
    Continue with my Primal eating, reducing my 20%. My personal weak spots – wine and sweets
    Figure out why I’m SO tired
    Pull out of the funk I’m in

Food
    2 egg omelet with onions, tomato, and cheese, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball, small handful of trail mix
    2 chicken thighs fried in bacon fat then roasted with carrots and wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

2 glasses of white zinfandel, 1/3 cup Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream
    $tarbuck’s Grande Tazo Chai Latte

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF Body Weights
    50 Wall Push Ups
    20 Assisted Jack Knife Presses
    40 Bench Squats

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at midnight, up at 9. Vitamin D

Today I went for my blood work – 6 vials – that should cover most things. More tests next week.

Tonight I went to the Commencement ceremony at the school I taught at for the past two years. This is the same school that I didn’t get the job at this September (the same job I’d done for the past 2 years). I almost didn’t go. I was halfway there and I stopped the car and almost turned around. It was the first time I’d been back in the school since I was the “unsuccessful candidate”. I got there a ˝ hour before it started and saw the students and teachers I wanted to see. I smiled and said “Hi” to the principal (who didn’t hire me). Everyone was nice. I stayed for the processional and the first 15 minutes, and then I left.

I made it to the car before I started crying.

This was very hard for me to do, but I saw it as an important first step.
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thanksgiving supper was today at my sister in laws. I did really well, except for the 3 glasses of wine and the cherry cheesecake…

Food
    2 egg omelet with tomato, red pepper, bacon & cheese,
    small hand of trail mix, Batty’s Blueberry Butter Ball
    Turkey, cranberries, squash, salad (baby spinach, cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta, balsamic & EVOO)
    3 glasses of white wine & one slice of cherry cheesecake

I did NOT eat the mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, lasagna, buns, apple marshmallow salad, angel food cake, OR the pumpkin pie with whipped cream!!

PBF Body Weights
    50 level 1 Push Up
    20 level 1 Overhead Press
    40 level 3 Squats
    45 level 1 Plank

Bed at 10, up at 9:30
    No sun or play
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Thanksgiving supper #2 today. We went to my parents’ house, which is on Lake Erie. There were 17 people and 3 dogs. We went for a long walk down the beach and then the kids played croquet before supper.

Food
    Left over tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta salad, a Batty Blueberry Butter Ball
    Turkey, ham, squash, a tiny spoon of corn and dressing, a little bit of cranberry sauce and spiced plum sauce (both made by me). Apple pie and White Zinfandel

I did NOT have any potatoes, gravy or bun and I only took the tiniest bit of corn and dressing (for appearances)
    However I did have a piece of my mom’s apple pie and I had about 3 glasses of wine

We went on a 2 hour walk down the hill, along the beach and back up the hill

Bed at midnight, up at 11 am. Some sun this afternoon, it was a beautiful day (about 20 C).
    Beach walking, sea glass collecting, casual conversations.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving.

oops, I forgot bout the Skor bar I had after supper
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-10-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: memory lapse
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Page 11 of 412 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast