Page 109 of 415 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 4149

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 109

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    great stuff... 2lbs lost. lets hope you dont find it...
    heeheehee

I think the running must have helped some (not that I am seeing an awful lot of running in your journal)
    Yeah, yeah...

and yes to the protein... the other thing about the protein is that you need it for your muscles. I was really good about upping my protein when I was doing bootcamp.

I see you are getting to bed a bit earlier as well. well done you.
    Thanks, although I could still improve on all of those things
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – Salad: Avocado, 2 hard-boiled eggs, bacon, onion, lemon juice & bacon fat
    (CRONoMeter says 509 C, 21 g protein, 14 g carbs, 42 g fat)

S – 5 dates (‘cause I was cleaning the kitchen counter and I wanted to get rid off the package)
    D – 1 C meatloaf, 1 C scalloped potatoes (yeah, I know)

(I use an 8 ˝” plate)

CRONoMeter #s:
    Cal: 1120
    Protein: 50 g (19%)
    Carbs: 60 g (20%)
    Fat: 65 g (52%)
    Alcohol: 10%

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

I probably should have cooked something other than scalloped potatoes…but it goes so well with meatloaf…
    I may eat some more protein later tonight...if I get hungry

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 7 reps

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 25, 25
    L4 Squat – 40, 40
    L2 Overhead Press – 10, 10
    L2 Plank – 60 sec, 60 sec

Pullup Challenge
    L2 Pullup: 10, 10
    L2 Chinup: 10, 10
    Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - 4 - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

Computer off at 10:30, bed at 11:10
    Awake at 9:40. Cuddled with the Papillons till 10.
    (same as yesterday!)
    I checked my weight (just to see if it was a “true” loss) 146 again
    MDA, Tibetan Rites
    Dishes, laundry, lunch, MDA, more dishes, laundry, PBF

I watched John Huston’s 1956 movie “Moby Dick”
    Ray Bradbury wrote the screenplay
    “Call me Ishmael.”
    And, my fav quote:
    “Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off--then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.”
    I quoted this way back in my journal.

Then I watched Norman Jewison’s 1967 “In The Heat Of The Night”
    “They call me Mr. Tibbs”

Another quite evening planned

I'm now watching Sense and Sensibility on my 47" TV
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic about the 2 lb loss and the measurements . I agree it's probably a combination of all the things you changed, and what better motivation than a positive result to keep you going .

Your lunch salad looks amazing. I'm hungry.

I thought you said you weren't going to track macros/calories for the weekend?? Heheheh. Still working on that protein, huh? Next time throw another egg into the salad and more meat with less potato instead. Or not...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Oh my goodness, that salad looks amazing! I really must try to use HB eggs more inventively. I usually just peel, sprinkle salt on and eat.

I also don't believe there's anything with potatoes, they're just starch and they do taste soooo good. Besides, your numbers are still pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Fantastic about the 2 lb loss and the measurements . I agree it's probably a combination of all the things you changed, and what better motivation than a positive result to keep you going .
    The positive results are definitely a motivation!

Your lunch salad looks amazing. I'm hungry.
    It was amazing! and easy to make.

I thought you said you weren't going to track macros/calories for the weekend?? Heheheh. Still working on that protein, huh? Next time throw another egg into the salad and more meat with less potato instead. Or not...
    I know...How about if on the weekends I track if its easy, and not stress about it if its not?
    Yeah, another egg in the salad would have worked.
    I had to save some meat for the Farmer. He gets grumpy if I eat it all

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Oh my goodness, that salad looks amazing! I really must try to use HB eggs more inventively. I usually just peel, sprinkle salt on and eat.
    Thanks
    I like them mixed with something, I find them too "dry" on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I also don't believe there's anything with potatoes, they're just starch and they do taste soooo good. Besides, your numbers are still pretty darn good.
    Thanks
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I have eaten again.
    A coconut heart
    and
    4 squares of Lindt sea salt dark chocolate.
    This chocolate is much too good.
    It is the devil’s own creation
    I should not buy it again,
    But I probably will

Then I felt “guilty” over my inadequate protein intake, so I had another ˝ c of meatloaf…

This changes my CRONoMeter #’s
    Calories: 1527
    Protein 66 g (18%)
    Carbs: 82 g (20%)
    Fat: 95 g (55%)
    Alcohol: 7%

Meh…

*notice how I felt guilty about the protein and NOT about the chocolate
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    no guilt on the alcohol then

I cannot resist scalloped potatoes either, they looked yum! Hmmm might have to make some this week I think.

no guilt on the alcohol then

I cannot resist scalloped potatoes either, they looked yum! Hmmm might have to make some this week I think.
    Nope

They were good
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – 3 egg omlette with red pepper, onion, bacon and mushrooms, that fell apart so I had it in a bowl with a homemade dill pickle

then I had a couple squares of dark chocolate
    S – a glass of black cherry wine (sweet) at a friends house
    D – a glass of red wine, prime rib roast, a tiny bit of sweet potato, squash, a spoonful of Stove Top Stuffing, red pepper slices. More roast. ˝ c of frozen strawberries with coconut milk, vanilla & 2 squares of dark chocolate

No tracking today

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    There are only 2 squares of dark chocolate left from the bar. They will probably be eaten tonight so they won’t be there to tempt me during the week.
    Funny, I can leave an unopened bar of dark chocolate alone for a long time (weeks, I had a bar here during my 30 DONN) but once its open…

I shouldn't have had the StoveTop...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Rest Day

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Computer off at 10:30, bed at 11:20
    Awake sometime after 9? Cuddled with the Papillons till around 10.
    This seems to be a trend…I really should start getting up earlier…

Today was a easy, layabout day
    (I know what you are thinking – aren’t ALL your days like that?)

This afternoon we went on a mini tour, visiting 4 different places (all within 10 minutes from home).
    1st place, the Farmer delivered a stovepipe to a friend that’s building a shack, we chatted with his son, who went to Dominican for Reading Week with 120 University students. He figures he had 2 concussions and food poisoning while he was there, but he had a GREAT time!

We had a “beverage” at the 2nd place. The Farmers talked about the pros & cons of growing Black Beans…

Then we stopped at another place. The Farmer has decided to sell his 1955 Ford Pickup to this guy. We stopped in to see if he wanted to buy our old trailer as well…He has 3 Burmese Mountain dogs. I got tons of dog love there

Then we stopped at our neighbours because we saw this:

And had to ask “Why?”
    They had a tiny new Jack Russell puppy so I got covered in ecstatic baby puppy kisses

Oh, yeah, the “Why?”
    He’d just gotten a new forklift.
    Yeah, I live in the country…

When I got home Lily & Josie “checked me out” for a good 15 minutes.

My Baby Girl is home from Florida!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 10-08-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh all that doggy loving... jealous... especially of puppy kisses. I love the smell of puppies... I love the smell of babies too, but thankfully it doesnt make me want one... dogs on the other hand

loved the photo. what people will do with their new toys!