Page 103 of 415 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4144

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 103

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought the fat in the heart would make me feel better...

Thanks. Yea, I told the Farmer that we need to go camping more than once this year!

We've always gone camping. We started out with tents, then moved up to a tent trailer, then our old trailer. A 20' 1977 Prowler. We had it for 15 years. It was set up similar to the new one, but was leaking and getting really "soft" in a few places. It was SO heavy, the Farmer never wanted to take it very far.

We're figuring out where and when we want to go. Probably several short extended weekend trips and maybe, hopefully a longer one too.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    7:30 – a coconut heart
    12:30 – a few pieces of bacon while I was cooking it.
    4 – another piece of bacon, a truffle
    5 – a glass of white, a few more truffles
    D – Chicken stir fry: chicken breast, onions, ginger, carrots, water chestnut, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, bean sprouts. Chai. A few more truffles.

I didn’t track my #’s on CRONoMeter

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No Exercises today
    I ate truffles…probably too many...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Not today.

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    S l o w morning. I got up around 10:30 or 11 new time.
    I’m not moving very much.
    Drinking water.
    I made bacon for Army Wannabe Son and his friend. I ate some.

I wasted away most of the day doing nothing.

I took the Papillons outside of their fenced in area for a walk around our 3 acres.

I ate truffles…

Its after supper and we are watching the Brier.

The truffles are almost gone. Is that a or a ???
    Who opened those damn things anyway…

I enjoyed the break from tracking and inputting my #s on CRONoMeter today.
    But I think I’ll try it again for one more week, just to see what the week’s like, and if it makes any difference.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nice score on the trailer . We plan to do some camping this year for the first time in about 5 summers...we do the tenting thing. The kids seem to be agreeable to the idea when I asked them, particularly when I said we'd see if we could find find room for them each to bring a buddy (I'm pretty sure we have 2 tents).

I can't comment much on your truffle consumption after my lovely dinner last night. Were they at least worth it??

Seems funny that the restaurant couldn't possibly do the fish without batter, they've probably never had anyone ask them before so had no idea how they would do that in the deep fryer!!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm, truffles. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I love, love, love your trailer! I can't wait till Pete and I graduate from our little 2 man canvas tent. We actually do have a big 3 room tent too for when we take the kids, but we like to travel light when it's just the two of us so we just use the little 2 sleeper.
    I think what you guys call trailers, we call caravans. Here in Aus, a camper trailer looks like this. Hopefully this is the next step up for us.

The no tracking thing... have you given up on that or just couldn't be bothered yesterday? I know I can't keep it up, it's a good thing to do periodically to see where you are, but then it's nice to just eat your food and stop worrying about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Nice score on the trailer . We plan to do some camping this year for the first time in about 5 summers...we do the tenting thing. The kids seem to be agreeable to the idea when I asked them, particularly when I said we'd see if we could find find room for them each to bring a buddy (I'm pretty sure we have 2 tents).
    Even though the old trailer had enough beds for them, the kids always sleep in tents when we go camping. And usually there are friends along as well. Of course this year my Daughter is probably the only one who will be camping with us. Well, Army Wannabe Son and his friends will be there for "Bad Campers" this year.

"Bad Campers is an annual camping trip with about 5-7 families. It started years ago, when Army Wannabe Son was little and I asked him if he wanted to go camping with Travis & Wil or Scott & Peter (two different families) and his response was "Can't we just go camping with EVERYBODY?"

We got the name "Bad Campers" because one year, a park ranger was "full of himself" and strutting around the campground. As he came near out fire, one of the men in our group jumped out of his chair and dove under another chair singing "Bad Campers, Bad Campers, What' cha gonna go when they come for you" ( the Cops theme) We howled!!! And the name Bad Campers stuck.

I can't comment much on your truffle consumption after my lovely dinner last night. Were they at least worth it??
    Yes, they were as I "nibbled" on them throughout the afternoon
    But there are 3 left and I don't want any more. I almost wish I had been able to finish them so I wouldn't have to think about them anymore.

Seems funny that the restaurant couldn't possibly do the fish without batter, they've probably never had anyone ask them before so had no idea how they would do that in the deep fryer!!
    Yeah. The waitress didn't even go back and ask.
    I won't be going back there.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I love, love, love your trailer!
    Thanks

I can't wait till Pete and I graduate from our little 2 man canvas tent. We actually do have a big 3 room tent too for when we take the kids, but we like to travel light when it's just the two of us so we just use the little 2 sleeper.
    I think what you guys call trailers, we call caravans. Here in Aus, a camper trailer looks like this. Hopefully this is the next step up for us.
    We call that a tent trailer. They look like this here.

The no tracking thing... have you given up on that or just couldn't be bothered yesterday? I know I can't keep it up, it's a good thing to do periodically to see where you are, but then it's nice to just eat your food and stop worrying about it!
    I just couldn't be bothered over the weekend. But I think I'll try it for one more week, just to see what happens. It's not something I'm going to keep doing...unless I see drastic results!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Twibble posted this on naiadknight's journal.

I liked it, so I'm reposting it

Last edited by winencandy; 03-13-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: giving correct credit :)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    the new camper/trailer?? looks great. I'd go stir crazy in one of those I have to say, but each to their own... I'll stick to hotels with swim up bars

Sounds like you had a very lazy day... nice one! I am so looking forward to having one of those some time soon

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    the new camper/trailer?? looks great. I'd go stir crazy in one of those I have to say, but each to their own... I'll stick to hotels with swim up bars
    You actually don't spend very much time inside one. About the same amount of time you spend in a resort bedroom...

We cook & eat outside, visit, drink & relax outside.

The trailer is for sleeping, storing food and a close washroom facility

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Sounds like you had a very lazy day... nice one! I am so looking forward to having one of those some time soon
    Yup, you should try it Its highly recommended. Of course, its easier to enjoy it when you are not recovering from too much wine...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

What is this??

I bought it the other day at a little market. I think it was a Polish store???
    I have NO idea what it is, but I liked the little glass containers. I thought I could re use them.

Anybody know?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy