Page 102 of 412 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4119

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 102

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tooround View Post
    It's still snowing here and last time I checked there were more roads closed. I did walk for the mail but I'm not sure I need salad greens badly enough to go out again
    I didn't go anywhere today.

My Farmer brought back wine after the Fire Call and then he braved the roads again later and brought home some groceries
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    12:30 – ˝ C left over pork loin.
    3 – Hard boiled egg
    5 – Mint tea
    D – 1 5 oz glass of white wine, 2 ˝ pieces of Tipilia, 1/3 C chicken breast, 20 McCain Sweet Potato Fries, ˝ C cucumber, 2 tsp of home made cabbage/carrot/cucumber “coleslaw”.

Dessert in a bowl: 10 grapes, 1 coconut heart, 6 macadamia nuts, 5 honey dates, and 2 Hickory Farm chocolate truffles

CRONoMeter #s:
    Cal: 1348
    Protein: 104 g (32%)
    Carbs: 113 g (31%)
    Fat: 44 g (29%)
    Alcohol: 8%

Except for the coleslaw and the truffles…cause I couldn’t be bothered to figure them out

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    It was the start of the weekend, I had a glass of wine – which I felt a buzz from! One glass!
    I decided to stop after ONE glass of wine!!!

And then I felt like giving myself a treat.
    The Truffles have been waiting around since Christmas!
    I probably shouldn’t have opened the package…

I avoided going anywhere today in my car, therefore avoiding going in the ditch

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 6 reps

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 25, 25
    L4 Squat – 40, 40
    L2 Plank – 60 sec

Pullup Challenge
    Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - 4 - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    I went to bed at 11. Josie went into a crate.
    The phone woke me at 7:30 for a job in London that started at 8:30.
    It takes me an hour to drive to London. I declined it.
    Then I found out the busses were cancelled for out area, so I was glad I didn’t take the job.

I watched the Japan earthquake and tsunami news on CNN

I called and cancelled the cat’s spay so I wouldn’t have to drive in the slippery snow.

I did a few exercises. I shoveled the deck. It was heavy, wet snow.

The dark blob is the mini lake in our yard from yesterday's rain...

But the Papillons enjoyed it:

I watched a LOT of CNN and surfed MDA.

It was a PJ day
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Everything looks so pretty covered in snow! I know it's a pain to live in (I'm British!) but it is so gorgeous to look at and play in. I kinda miss it.

The earthquake and tsunami is just awful isn't it? It just seems like the world is having one natural disaster after another at the moment. It makes me feel rather grateful that we live smack-bang in the middle of the Indo-Australian plate.

Chocolate truffles are one of my weaknesses, you did well to only have 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Glad you and the Farmer got through the day w/o incident!

Hi-5 on the workout & shoveling! Your progress reminds me to get my ass in gear tonight - thank you!
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Everything looks so pretty covered in snow! I know it's a pain to live in (I'm British!) but it is so gorgeous to look at and play in. I kinda miss it.
    Yeah it does look pretty, and I'd miss it if I lived south, BUT enough already! I'm ready for spring!

The earthquake and tsunami is just awful isn't it? It just seems like the world is having one natural disaster after another at the moment. It makes me feel rather grateful that we live smack-bang in the middle of the Indo-Australian plate.
    Yeah I'm glad I don't live in an earthquake zone.
    Watching the power of nature was hypnotizing.

Chocolate truffles are one of my weaknesses, you did well to only have 2.
    About that...I had 3 more since I posted...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    About that...I had 3 more since I posted...
    Hehehe. I had ice cream tonight.

Winter continues to suck. We're having a blizzard at the moment. And I got an email tonight about a seasonal CSA...guess that means that spring is coming eventually??

+1 on the no news is good news from your daughter, no doubt they missed the bad weather and she's too focused on the upcoming fun.

denise is offline Senior Member
    a man who brings home wine and groceries - enabling PJ moments. Definitely a keeper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hehehe. I had ice cream tonight.

Winter continues to suck. We're having a blizzard at the moment. And I got an email tonight about a seasonal CSA...guess that means that spring is coming eventually??
    Oh, I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    +1 on the no news is good news from your daughter, no doubt they missed the bad weather and she's too focused on the upcoming fun.
    She Facebooked me last night. They got there yesterday around 4.

Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    a man who brings home wine and groceries - enabling PJ moments. Definitely a keeper!!
    Oh, yeah, he's a keeper

I've kept him around for 23+ years
    I think I'll keep him for the next 23
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

HA!
    A friend posted this on Facebook:

The DVD rewinder - DV Guru

iLOVE it!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    12:30 – ˝ C left over pork loin. ˝ avocado, ˝ mango, red onion, garlic, lemon juice salad
    5 – 5 oz glass of white, ˝ avocado, ˝ mango, red onion, garlic, lemon juice salad, hard boiled egg, 2nd glass of white.
    D – 2 pieces of deep fried, battered haddock (I picked off the batter) & garden salad with Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing at a little Fish & Chips place.
    S – 2 large glasses of white and a individual snack size package of Lays original chips.

I didn’t bother with the CRONoMeter #s

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I picked the batter off my fish and I ordered salad instead of fries.

I drank too much wine. I had a bottle. 2 glasses before supper, 2 glasses after.
    Then I switched to water. I’m becoming such a light weight drinker…
    I probably shouldn't have had the chips, but they were offered to me, it was late, I'd had wine...

This morning (afternoon) I feel like I went on a huge drinking binge last night.

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Nope

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    I went to bed about 11 Friday night and slept really well. The phone woke me at 9:30. It was the lady with the trailer I went to on Wed. She asked if we were going to come back to look at it. I said we were going to go Sunday afternoon. She wanted to know if we could come that morning (Saturday) because she had someone else coming in the afternoon and another person coming Sunday morning. I said I had to find my Farmer and we’d come ASAP.

I jumped out of bed, showered, dressed, grabbed the chequebook and hopped into my Beetle and went in search of my Farmer. 'Cause he'd left his cell phone at home...He was at his dad’s farm. We drove the hour to the trailer.

We did a thorough check and decided that it met all our "requirements", was in great shape, was what we wanted and the price was right.

So we bought it!!!

It's a 22' 1994 Prowler. Here's a few photos:
    The "bedroom":

I really like the "real" bed!

The "kitchen":

The "dining room":

The "entrance" and "bathroom" door:

No outside photos...

We gave them a deposit and we’re leaving it there until the gravel roads firm up and aren’t as sloppy (about a month).

After lunch, I stopped in at my girlfriend’s house to tell her about our latest purchase. I had a tea and a good visit. She invited us over for cards in the evening. I came home, cleaned the kitchen, drank some wine and had a snack. My girlfriend called and asked if we wanted to go out for fish before we went to her place.

But Of Course!

She wanted to try this Fish & Chips place because she has talked to the owner multiple times over the phone at work but never met him and he’d asked if she had gone there before. So we went. Small place, seats 20. Fish & Chips. The menu was battered Sole, Cod, Haddock or chicken fingers with fries and coleslaw. You could sub a salad for the fries. I asked if it was possible to NOT have batter.

Nope.

So I picked it off.

We went back to their place and played cards and talked until 2am! (old time) I drank 2 large glasses of wine and then switched to water. So did my girlfriend. The guys drank rum. They didn’t switch to water

This morning, at 7:30 (new time) I got up, drank some water and ate a coconut heart and went back to bed. I think it was 10:30 or 11 when I finally got up…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

denise is offline Senior Member
    you and your coconut hearts

trailer looks fabby! Planning trips??