Page 100 of 415 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 100

denise is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    OK. OK.
    I've got my "running gear" on and I'm going OUTSIDE!
    In the cold and the misty rain and the fog.

grumble. grumble. grumble.
    my least favourite running weather is wet + windy. Horizontal rain and feeling like someone has a hand on your chest and is preventing you from moving forwards - ok, you feel great at the end, but its torture at the time

I am steering clear of the coconut hearts btw. No moderation gene.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    my least favourite running weather is wet + windy. Horizontal rain and feeling like someone has a hand on your chest and is preventing you from moving forwards - ok, you feel great at the end, but its torture at the time
    I can see why!
    Although I can NOT EVER see myself running in horizontal rain!!!!!
    Unless its from the car to the house

I'm back.
    It was a balmy +3 C out, and drizzling enough that my glasses were covered in rain...
    I took the Papillons. They loved it!

We did week 4 run 1 of the C25K program:
    5 minute walk, jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min, walk 2.5 min, jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min, walk 5 minutes for a cool down.
    I did 1 sprint during the cool down. That was enough for today.

Then I had to bath the muddy Papillons, and then we cuddled in bed to get warm

Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    I am steering clear of the coconut hearts btw. No moderation gene.
    Too bad
    I think I might have one now
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I should post it in the "Recipes" Threads?
    But is it a recipe if there is only one ingredient?
    K so now I'm totally ordering coconut cream!!! You could put a frozen cherry in the middle too... or do an almond butter center.

Now THIS is what I need in the freezer for those moments when I just need.... something!!!

Much better choice than the Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Biscotti I et yesterday! LOL...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I can see why!
    Although I can NOT EVER see myself running in horizontal rain!!!!!
    Unless its from the car to the house

I'm back.
    It was a balmy +3 C out, and drizzling enough that my glasses were covered in rain...
    I took the Papillons. They loved it!

We did week 4 run 1 of the C25K program:
    5 minute walk, jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min, walk 2.5 min, jog 3 min, walk 90 sec, jog 5 min, walk 5 minutes for a cool down.
    I did 1 sprint during the cool down. That was enough for today.

Then I had to bath the muddy Papillons, and then we cuddled in bed to get warm

Too bad
    I think I might have one now
    wELL DONE YOU!

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Ditto that! Push that exercise!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I used to have straight/wavy hair until I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter when I was 24. After she was born, I had a full head of curls and they've been here ever since for the past 10 years. I'm starting to like them finally.
    I've always had curly hair.
    Except for when I was pregnant with my daughter. Then my hair went straight!
    (But it didn't change for my first 3 pregnancies - all boys)
    After she was born, it returned to "normal".

I HATED it as a child/teen! I finally learned to accept that my hair had a mind of its own.
    Once I accepted that and let it do what it wanted, we got along much better

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I might have to go looking at Chapters/Indigo for that curly girl book.
    One of the things she stresses is NO shampoo
    But she does say that curly hair NEEDS conditioner and TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    The coconut hearts might just be over the top if dipped in melted dark chocolate. And maybe with some peppermint extract.
    Ooh! I'll have to try that!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    K so now I'm totally ordering coconut cream!!! You could put a frozen cherry in the middle too... or do an almond butter center.
    Creamed coconut. It's hard. Different than coconut cream.
    Nice ideas
    I would try macadamia butter. I like it more than almond butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Now THIS is what I need in the freezer for those moments when I just need.... something!!!

Much better choice than the Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Biscotti I et yesterday! LOL...
    I just keep mine in a glass container in the cupboard. I haven't tried freezing it...

Yeah, MUCH better choice
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    wELL DONE YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    Ditto that! Push that exercise!
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    12:30 – C of left over pork loin
    5pm – 2 coconut hearts
    D – 1 C of ground beef fried with onions and tomatoes
    9pm - Chai

CRONoMeter #s:

Cal: 733
    Protein: 55 g (32%)
    Carbs: 19 g (10%)
    Fat: 47 g (58%)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I probably didn’t eat enough today.
    But I'm not really hungry...
    And I probably shouldn’t have had the 10 Mini Eggs.
    But, hey, last year I would have eaten a bag of them. Today I stopped at 10

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    C25K: week 4 run 1
    With the Papillons

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    I closed my Mac at 11, but my daughter wanted her hair French braided (her LONG wet hair) so bedtime was 11:30.

A Papillon fight on top of me woke me at 5 am. I got bitten on my let hand trying to separate them. Josie (the instigator – she’s ALWAYS the instigator) went into a crate and I went downstairs to have a better look at my hand. 2 marks at the base of my thumb (on the back of my hand and a couple blood blisters on my 2nd fingertip. My hand was on fire!. I had a short cry (oh poor me, what am I going to do with theses dogs, I should never have gotten Josie) then I went back to bed. My hand throbbed…forever.

I turned off the 7 am alarm, and fell back into a deep sleep. The 9 am alarm woke me up. I got up at 9:15 and let Josie out of her crate. I put her Thundershirt on her and it’s staying on ALL day! We did some “self relaxation”, (kinda like “doggy yoga”) and I’m going to be on her like stink today!

Checked MDA. Suse and Greensprout made me feel guilty about not running, SO, I went out today.
    With my throbbing hand and the fog and drizzling rain…and the Papillons…the Papillons had fun…I felt like I was plodding along.

Of course they needed baths and a cuddle in the bed after the run

I showered and got ready. Lunch was left over pork.

I went to the bank to exchange some money.
    For the 1st time ever I got money BACK!
    It cost me $199.50 CAN for $200 US!

Then I picked up my daughter and we went into the city to see her surgeon.
    He’s good with her running the 5K in April.
    He told her the physiotherapist should start working on pivoting and turning.
    He also said that if she didn’t have full flexion in 2 months that he might have to do it.
    I asked him what that meant.
    He’d put her in an operating room, knock her out and then give her knee a good bend!

We picked up a few last minute things for her trip to Florida.

On the way home we stopped at the high school for Parent Teacher interviews.
    Daughter’s doing wonderful! Her lowest mark is a 77

The Farmer had left some supper so I grabbed a bowl and ate it while helping my Daughter finish packing.
    I also managed to eat 10 Cadbury Mini Eggs…(100 Calories)…only 10! while I was packing her snacks for the trip.

I’ve delivered her to her friend’s house. They leave at 7am tomorrow morning. They’ve rented a condo in Florida.
    My Daughter only had to pay admission to the water park that they are going to and any shopping she does. Pretty sweet deal!

I had a Chai when I got back. I’ve punched in my #s into the CRONoMeter and I really should eat something else, but I’m not hungry…so I’m not going to eat. I’m sure I’ll “make up for it” over the weekend

I just remembered that I haven’t eaten the macadamia nuts that Stabby says I should hmmm
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ow to the papillion fight. Josie is a troublemaker. What to do, what to do!!!???

I dont think I could eat 10 mini eggs in one go... but then again, maybe I could? I did have a fruit and nut chocolate bar today