Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vegan admits he was wrong! page

moonablaze is offline Senior Member

vegan admits he was wrong!

Primal Fuel

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I sense a deception. By definition, vegans don't admit that they are wrong. He wasn't really a vegan! Sham!

Kidding, but it is kind of rare that anything persuades these people. If their entire identify is contingent upon meat being horrible and all meat eaters being terrible terrible people then they're simply not going to be reasonable.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    FORMER vegan! They freely admit they were wrong!

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    My husband read The Vegetarian Myth, put the book down and said, "I can't be a vegetarian anymore." They can change. I was a vegetarian for years, and then slowly but surely realized what was happening to my body and that my diet was killing me.
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I was joking. More or less. Perhaps it is the ones who go easy on the bananas that are more reasonable; less bananas so to speak.

Oh man that's going to be a joke for a good long while
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    It seems like he is declaring to be wrong more specifically about the climate impact of being vegan rather than the health impact of it.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Well it's good to see that he can admit to being wrong - I really think that so many people will adopt a stance and then defend it to the bitter end even when they begin to realise that it is wrong (like eating primal but keeping fat low?!)

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Of course vegans are wrong.......... It's just an excuse to be foolish when your young. lol
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    As an ex-vegan who browsed this forum for ages while deciding whether to make the switch, I find a little of this thread...off.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't read it beforehand. Still I guess I'm the only ex-vegan crazy enough to consider the possibility of thinking about eating meat again.

Ironic, given the amount of people putting forward no moderation due to freedom of expression and ideas.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a lot in common with many vegans. I also care about how animals are treated and how we live within our environment. I differ from them on what I believe is the best approach, but I respect vegans far more than I do people who live without regard for where their food comes from, how it is produced, and how our food systems affect our planet.

I don't understand why we cannot respectfully disagree with vegans instead of being nasty. Yes, some of them are pretty rude to meat eaters, but do we really need to behave the same way in return? You don't persuade people by treating them with contempt.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast