Raisin-Nut

ok, ingredients:
    1 cup walnuts
    1 cup raisins

now for directions:
    1.) put walnuts into food processor.
    2.) process for 15-30 seconds.
    3.) add raisins.
    4.) process for 1-2 minutes, until all is mixed.

you can eat it just like that, or shape it into a brownie-like block on a plate and cut into bite-sized pieces. you can refrigerate it or not; your preference. (i tend to leave mine at room temperature.) store with a lid or cover with plastic wrap.

easy, right? and super-delicious! satisfies any sweet craving you may have. srsly.

(i call it 'raisin-nut dessert' but i originally found this recipe when i experimented with raw food eating... it was called date-nut torte, and had a topping made with dates, but i liked it better without that, so calling it date-nut torte wasn't appropriate anymore...)

if you try it, please post and let me know if you liked it, or if you had any trouble with the recipe. enjoy!

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    I've made a lot of varieties of this - they really satisfy a sweet tooth! I've tried dried cherry/walnuts, dried apricot/walnuts and dates with almonds. Almost like a homemade Larabar

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I've made a lot of varieties of this - they really satisfy a sweet tooth! I've tried dried cherry/walnuts, dried apricot/walnuts and dates with almonds. Almost like a homemade Larabar
    it IS a homemade Larabar.

LadyAngora is offline Junior Member
    what i love about it is how easy it is, and fast. 2 ingredients and about 2 minutes... hard to beat that! i just made more last night... yum!